Control - Resonant

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,287
45,121
He also loved Alan Wake 2, so take his opinion with a 2-ton block of salt.
Yeah he's kind of a hit and miss lately. I don't watch a lot of his reviews anymore but I know sometimes there's a game that's coming out that I'm somewhat interested in I'll at least check out his stuff because he's somewhat tolerable, but since his YouTube Fame has kicked in, I find myself just having to skip through or shutting the video down.

Also don't care if you got every stupid steam achievement, those are for fags.

The ACG neck beard is sometimes okay but I can't stand his stupid humor that he tries to write into all of his scripts, but I do like his format and the fact that he actually talks about music / sound in games. If he got rid of his stupid humor he'd probably be the best out there at least in my eyes.
 

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,228
10,916
My biggest problem with Alan Wake 2 was it wasn't Alan wake , it was a QTE game posing as Alan Wake.

I'm 21 hours in Control Resonant. Not sure what the big patch today will change but I think I'm nearing the end. The mobs are repetitive. They go 'up' in level but that just means they are damage sponges. I do like the flying around like Neo in the matrix and the weird really fucked up areas though. Not sure I'll play again unless there is some massive DLC but I don't feel like I wasted my money. Only real issue I've had with the whole game was landing some of the tricky jumps/dodges. Also only CTD once.
 

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
12,310
6,048
Not really, no. Control had gameplay and powers that were kind of similar to Infamous, but for some reason Remedy decided Resonant should be some sort of melee-focused abomination.