Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
That wouldn't fly. Obviously not happening in the current environment, but we're planning on going public really soon. We have monthly commits now. It's annoying.

Are you being micromanaged that hard? That can't be efficient?

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
$5 says those 4 workers have been dealing with their Karen wives and just want out of the house!

That's definitely the reason I'm ready to go back to the office (not a Karen exactly). I normally WFH one day a week and love my quiet days at home. However, during this, having my wife and kids around while also home schooling one kid makes me want to jump into traffic.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Are you being micromanaged that hard? That can't be efficient?

It's not that bad really. It's one meeting on Monday morning that takes an hour. But in the enterprise world where you're working on seven figure deals sometimes it's really difficult to forecast a month.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It's not that bad really. It's one meeting on Monday morning that takes an hour. But in the enterprise world where you're working on seven figure deals sometimes it's really difficult to forecast a month.

Forecasting depends on the economy, on the conditions your company offers, and on those the competitors offer - differentiated by the amount of opportunities the sales team can find.

Sales people get asked to meet goals which they have little influence on, it is why I stopped doing it.

From your post I think you are depending on a few high value deals to succeed. Hope they work out.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
So check out Georgia's tracker and sort by deaths it breaks them down by age. This is no joke for elderly but if your healthy( i know a big if on a video game website) you should be ok.

Side note my gym opens up on Friday. I plan to go at 430am when they open and it's the cleanest. 😀

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I went to Wal-Mart tonight, and scored some disinfecting wipes. I was surprised to see them on the shelf. WTF is with people hording margarine? The shelf was wiped out. The last time I was there which was a couple of weeks ago, it was devastated too.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
So I went to Wal-Mart tonight, and scored some disinfecting wipes. I was surprised to see them on the shelf. WTF is with people hording margarine? The shelf was wiped out. The last time I was there which was a couple of weeks ago, it was devastated too.

It's not hoarding, it's bored baking.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
WTF, margarine is still a thing? And actually selling out? I thought everybody had realized butter wasn't bad for you and stopped eating this artificial shit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Went to the office for the first time in two months to get some supplies. Crazy thing was on the drive, every single strip mall and office building had a “space for lease” sign out front.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If you were thinking of starting a business, now's the time to move on it. When we get back to working, there will be lots of voids to be filled.

• 4Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Screenshot_20200514-212700_Twitter.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
A century from now we are gonna find out Bezos paid China to create Coronachan to kill all his competition.

i'm trying to pull up the data but the radio guys I listen to were talking about how amazon is losing market share to target/walmart because they're delays shipping pushed people to try other options and folks are realizing amazon isn't the only good ecommerce site out there

couple that with amazon being 95% scam garbage items (not that target/walmart isn't), you get people looking for alternatives

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i'm trying to pull up the data but the radio guys I listen to were talking about how amazon is losing market share to target/walmart because they're delays shipping pushed people to try other options and folks are realizing amazon isn't the only good ecommerce site out there

couple that with amazon being 95% scam garbage items (not that target/walmart isn't), you get people looking for alternatives
People and investors wrote off Walmart as a brick and mortar body to be placed in the grave by Amazon. They were wrong. While Amazon has massive scale, so to does Walmart. And Walmart, is I believe the largest overall purchaser in the world. They began the online sales experiment when they bought Jet a while back and while that itself wasn't a homerun it gave them the infrastructure and experience to crank up the online game. Amazon is a behemoth, but so is Walmart.

• 4Like