Cottagecore, etc.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Hello neighbors!

Anyone else in the FoH community into some cottagecore and related homecore stuff? (NO ALT-COTTAGE STUFF PLZ.)

20200923_152211_resized.jpg

Welcome!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wikipedia:

"Even now when I go back to my hometown I can't help but feel watched and judged all the time for how I look or dress. It especially makes me feel like the things I loved in childhood, like having farm animals and picking blackberries in the fields and getting lost in the woods, are cis- and hetero-coded. So for me, cottagecore is an ideal where I can be visibly queer in rural spaces."

• 2Smuggly
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Cottagecore is an Internet aesthetic that celebrates a return to traditional skills and crafts such as foraging, baking, and pottery, and is related to similar nostalgic aesthetic movements such as grandmacore, farmcore, goblincore, and faeriecore.

So being a prepper without the guns.... gotcha....

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
this is like EQ tradeskilling but in real life

• 2Hodjing
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users
Goodness!

Is it too early for hot cocoa?

I usually wait till after Samhain!

Here is how I hope everyone feels today:

• 2Like
I'm sure I'll regret asking but what the fuck is ALT-COTTAGE
It not good!
its COTTAGECORE but for RAYCISTS
It's more like people who insist on saying they are homecore, but they basically are all about not being homecore. It's like the tunnel people. That's not cottagecore. Crafting, making do with what you have, and feeling gratitude are three basics of cottagecore. The tunnel scene has that, I'll admit. But then they ask you for 20 dollars and you wonder how sincere they are.

I think about sincerity a lot. I think it says a lot about a person, how sincere they are.

• 2Worf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It not good!

It's more like people who insist on saying they are homecore, but they basically are all about not being homecore. It's like the tunnel people. That's not cottagecore. Crafting, making do with what you have, and feeling gratitude are three basics of cottagecore. The tunnel scene has that, I'll admit. But then they ask you for 20 dollars and you wonder how sincere they are.

I think about sincerity a lot. I think it says a lot about a person, how sincere they are.
...what?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Cottage requires some concept of stability beyond just a tarp or a loyal dog. The tunnel people don't get that idea. That doesn't make them bad, it just means, no, it's different. But that's why I don't want to talk about alt-cottage too much. It leads to arguments.
Who the fuck are tunnel people? Literal hobos living in tunnels?