Country Music Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
are these like youngbloods? since i moved to tn, my wife and i browse cowboy boots (she already has a workboot safe one), i figure it's only a matter of time.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
are these like youngbloods? since i moved to tn, my wife and i browse cowboy boots (she already has a workboot safe one), i figure it's only a matter of time.

Waylon Jennings is an old timer. Hell he died last year I think. George Strait is still around but he's not a youngblood. Dunno if he's still recording but I heard a couple years ago that he was arrested nekkid and drunk in his trans am in a parking lot. They said it was DWI but I call bullshit. They have no way of knowing he wasn't sober when he parked. I wonder if they ever found his clothes.

The rest probably are because I never hear them on the oldies station I listen to.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

You can tell by the way they dress, they buy all the right clothes but there's just something about them.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Waylon Jennings is an old timer. Hell he died last year I think. George Strait is still around but he's not a youngblood. Dunno if he's still recording but I heard a couple years ago that he was arrested nekkid and drunk in his trans am in a parking lot. They said it was DWI but I call bullshit. They have no way of knowing he wasn't sober when he parked. I wonder if they ever found his clothes.

The rest probably are because I never hear them on the oldies station I listen to.

Waylon died in 2002. I saw him in one of his last concerts. Someone in the audience said something. He had to use a cane and was sitting on a stool and said "If you bring your ass up here I can still kick it". Any artist that actually owns their music now owes a lot to Waylon. The whole outlaw thing was him getting away from CBS and Chet Atkins telling him what to sing and how to dress. He went out on his own as an "outlaw" and artist having more control of their music became a much bigger thing. Have heard multiple people in different genres mention it interviews how big of an impact it had on them to pave the way.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Waylon died in 2002. I saw him in one of his last concerts. Someone in the audience said something. He had to use a cane and was sitting on a stool and said "If you bring your ass up here I can still kick it". Any artist that actually owns their music now owes a lot to Waylon. The whole outlaw thing was him getting away from CBS and Chet Atkins telling him what to sing and how to dress. He went out on his own as an "outlaw" and artist having more control of their music became a much bigger thing. Have heard multiple people in different genres mention it interviews how big of an impact it had on them to pave the way.
Waylon was the man! His grave is down the road, I need to stop by and pay my respects sometime.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm a pretty big fan of Sturgill Simpson.

Metamodern Sounds in Country Music is a top 10% favorite album for me

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Lord Huron put out a pretty good Country-esque song recently.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Mainstream Country is just pop music with a bunch of southern cliches for lyrics. If you can't hear any instruments over the bass line you're not listening to country. I mean look at these fucking douche bags doing some kind of bastardized hip hop.

If you want to hear country music made in the last 20 years you have to look at Americana or Red Dirt, nothing you will hear on the radio.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Lord Huron put out a pretty good Country-esque song recently.

I like that. "I destroyed my health, searching for myself, but there ain't nothing there to find." Killer line.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Mainstream Country is just pop music with a bunch of southern cliches for lyrics. If you can't hear any instruments over the bass line you're not listening to country. I mean look at these fucking douche bags doing some kind of bastardized hip hop.

If you want to hear country music made in the last 20 years you have to look at Americana or Red Dirt, nothing you will hear on the radio.
Don't forget a health serving of alt rock from between 10 and 20 years earlier.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Speaking of which, a new song from Alan Jackson about the current state of Country Music.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of which, a new song from Alan Jackson about the current state of Country Music.

Alan Jackson is probably the newest country singer that I really like. However, that song's too whiny for me. I liked this one better with the same message.

Edit: I like how George Strait's guitar is just a prop. Does he even know how to play? At least Alan Jackson strummed when he wasn't singing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Alan Jackson is probably the newest country singer that I really like. However, that song's too whiny for me. I liked this one better with the same message.

Edit: I like how George Strait's guitar is just a prop. Does he even know how to play? At least Alan Jackson strummed when he wasn't singing.
Come on man, lol. Country Music has its roots in The Blues. And if you have to question the King's ability to play Guitar, you haven't been around long enough.