Country Music Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Babygirl..

Back in the late 90's I was doing rounds at my weekend security guard job and singing this song in what I thought was an empty building but then found out there was a facilities guy there who was laughing his ass off at me.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
After watching Yellowstone, realized that actor Ryan Bingham wrote the song for Crazy Heart. Had the wife download some of his personal albums and they're solid country. Usually just listen to pre-90s country.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm a big fan of Creed Fisher. He kinda hits the line between Country and Southern Rock though.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
After watching Yellowstone, realized that actor Ryan Bingham wrote the song for Crazy Heart. Had the wife download some of his personal albums and they're solid country. Usually just listen to pre-90s country.

Have not watched Yellowstone. But on another forum that is much larger than this one in the last few weeks a sudden influx of questions on cowboy boots, cowboy hats etc...out of the blue. It's like Urban cowboy 2.0 or something. Someone mentioned an extra from Yellowstone lol.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
As I am the biggest Waylon fan you will ever know. This is for you amigo.

Ringo star did an entire country album . If you come to Texas don't go to Luckenbach. Used to not even be a place to turn around and people with an RV had to figure out how to back out. Nothing there, population 3 I think.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The lack of Sturgill Simpson and Colter Wall on this threading is sad.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Sturgill had one great album (Metamodern Sounds in Country Music) and I just have a hard time getting into anything after that.

I can't decide if I like Colter Wall or not. He's got a very unique sound but I wonder if he's faking it. He comes across to me as wanting people to think he's sharing wisdom from a long hard life and his voice sounds like he's been smoking for 40 years but all of that coming from a 25 year old seems kind of phony. I do like a few of his songs though.

Margo Price's first album (Midwest Farmer's Daughter) was really good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Sturgill had one great album (Metamodern Sounds in Country Music) and I just have a hard time getting into anything after that.

I can't decide if I like Colter Wall or not. He's got a very unique sound but I wonder if he's faking it. He comes across to me as wanting people to think he's sharing wisdom from a long hard life and his voice sounds like he's been smoking for 40 years but all of that coming from a 25 year old seems kind of phony. I do like a few of his songs though.

Margo Price's first album (Midwest Farmer's Daughter) was really good.

I dig High Top Mountain and Cutting the Grass. Metamodern Sound is my favorite though.

I like a lot of Colter's stuff as well.

Not sure if anyone mentioned Tyler Childers.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Townes.

Steve Earle + Guy Clark + Rodney Crowell

Hank Jr had some solid good ones.

Country music was perfected in 1978 (thanks Waylon and Billy Joe Shaver)

Waylon does Dylan.

• 2Solidarity

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Older I get, I keep coming back to Merle.

Waylon does Kristofferson.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users