Cowboy Bebop

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The debut of Ed...who is now gender non-binary and uses they/them as pronouns!

LOL, this clip is so bad I thought it was a cosplaying youtube channel at first. It literally does look like this is from a small hardcore youtube cowboy bepop fan, and not a major studio. The person playing Ed is some of the worst acting I've ever seen. (Seriously, the ONLY character they should have changed to translate better to live action was Ed, and seemingly Ed is the only character they kept all the mannerisms of...Its uncanny how bad the direction in this all is)

Holy fuck, my expectations were so low that they didn't exist and somehow this show still manages to disappoint me. LOL. This might actually go into the "so bad its actually entertaining to make fun of" category.

Last edited:
  • 2Barf
  • 2Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 5 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I tried to watch this, but the cringe was far too powerful. How the fuck is this in the Top 10 for the USA and Arcane isn't? I do not care for this timeline.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait..So they cast a white girl for Ed after the whole "muh diversity casting" bitching, Ed is dark skin(implyed to be Turkish) Yet they go ahead and white washed her, jesus fucking christ.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Wait..So they cast a white girl for Ed after the whole "muh diversity casting" bitching, Ed is dark skin(implyed to be Turkish) Yet they go ahead and white washed her, jesus fucking christ.
Her dad is native american I think. I hope they give this Edd an oscar. She's somehow even more annoying than the original show.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The they/them shit is kinda weird, but Ed's gender was always kept pretty ambiguous until the end of the series.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
White kids are the main target of the gender push. It had to be done.

Last edited:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

LOL, this clip is so bad I thought it was a cosplaying youtube channel at first. It literally does look like this is from a small hardcore youtube cowboy bepop fan, and not a major studio. The person playing Ed is some of the worst acting I've ever seen. (Seriously, the ONLY character they should have changed to translate better to live action was Ed, and seemingly Ed is the only character they kept all the mannerisms of...Its uncanny how bad the direction in this all is)

Holy fuck, my expectations were so low that they didn't exist and somehow this show still manages to disappoint me. LOL. This might actually go into the "so bad its actually entertaining to make fun of" category.

What. The. Fuck?

That clip was atrocious.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nabi

Trakanon Raider
Star Trek Reaction GIF

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this, this shit is unwatchable

i double dog ein dare anyone to make it past eps1

• 5Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I made it through the whole thing man, please pick one item from my Amazon list to show appreciation and support!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Are there any worthwhile episodes?

My favorite was probably Episode 9 because it is basically 100% flashback. You can view it purely as some other show and a short story about two mob guys a girl and the eventual fallout. Cho isn't playing Spike and Hassel is only mostly trying to play Vicious. And it somewhat works within a completely standalone concept. It isn't great but if you're asking relative to the rest of the series it was my favorite.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

That was horrifying to watch. Good lord.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That was horrifying to watch. Good lord.

The kicker is that it is the last thing of the season. So if watching the whole thing didn't already leave you with the sour taste of a cat vomiting in to your mouth they hand you this sack full of assholes and send you on your way, roll credits.

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
The kicker is that it is the last thing of the season. So if watching the whole thing didn't already leave you with the sour taste of a cat vomiting in to your mouth they hand you this sack full of assholes and send you on your way, roll credits.

Wait so they didn't even try to condense the original down into one season? Sweet christ.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wait so they didn't even try to condense the original down into one season? Sweet christ.

No, only 10 episodes. Some content that is new and some episodes that attempt to mirror an anime episode.

Attachments

• 1637536503850.png
    1637536503850.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 13

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This shit is pure pain.

Entire thing feels like a fucking soap opera somehow? Visuals all look completely cheap on every set, almost like the Star Wars prequels in a way with their greenscreen everything?

Completely soulless throughout. It's like they copied/lifted as much as they could directly from the anime without having any concept of why things were done the way they were in the first place. So you get this weird zombie husk of a show that has all the 'right' visuals and sound queues stitched together, but it doesn't fit right and walks with a weird limp and mostly just stinks up the place.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Anime has an Uncanny Valley thing where when it's a cartoon you go "Oh, it's okay it's dumb, because it's a cartoon. These are cartoon characters so they don't need more than 3 emotions." Then when it's translated into real life you go "Oh, it was fucking dumb the whole time."

• 1GreNeg

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Christ, all I could think about while watching that Ed clip was the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users