Cowboy Bebop

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Finished the anime and now I need MOAR. What should I watch next?

220px-Berserk_%281997_anime%29%2C_DVD_cover_1.jpg

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
From the same animator as Cowboy Bebop. Also, if you are watching in English, many of the same voice actors.
1636134835667.png

Wantanabe also did Space Dandy, but that got a little too weird for me and turned me off to whatever he's done since then. But Samurai Champloo is great.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Samurai Champloo was good shit. I liked the baseball episode, even though I don't like the game itself. Yeah, I'm an American hating faggot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ahahahahaha I want to see how they are going to water down the violence.
Maybe it's going to be baby TV level

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Ahahahahaha I want to see how they are going to water down the violence.
Guts will use microaggressions and the wrong pronouns to assault his enemies, thus erasing their existence and making them commit suicide. Clearly he is the embodiment of toxic masculinity, with his big phallus-like sword, which is clearly compensating for something.

Griffith on the other hand is a non-binary pansexual otherkin and does his best in trying to create a safe space with Falconia.

• 1Worf

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Finished the anime and now I need MOAR. What should I watch next?

watch the Cowboy bebop movie: "knocking on heaven's door".

samurai shamploo was a big step down from cowboy bebop. try black lagoon instead, it's essentially cowboy bebop set in the south china sea. although it never really completed as an overall story.

edit: another really solid show is Ghost in the shell: stand alone complex, especially the first season with the laughing man is top notch anime, although way more high brow than most other animes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Guts will use microaggressions and the wrong pronouns to assault his enemies, thus erasing their existence and making them commit suicide. Clearly he is the embodiment of toxic masculinity, with his big phallus-like sword, which is clearly compensating for something.

Griffith on the other hand is a non-binary pansexual otherkin and does his best in trying to create a safe space with Falconia.
Horse demon scene?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well looks like there's a live action Berserk on the way

Early draft of Griffith

5u99bn.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
watch the Cowboy bebop movie: "knocking on heaven's door".

samurai shamploo was a big step down from cowboy bebop. try black lagoon instead, it's essentially cowboy bebop set in the south china sea. although it never really completed as an overall story.

edit: another really solid show is Ghost in the shell: stand alone complex, especially the first season with the laughing man is top notch anime, although way more high brow than most other animes.
Concur on all points.

spronk

FPS noob
critics reviews are coming out, its not good

1637099176220.png

doesn't really mean much to me, nowadays 90% of the time stuff critics dislike I really enjoy and vica versa.

I'm just finishing up the anime, on like episode 24 or 25. What a crazy wild show, not at ALL what I expected going in but I've really enjoyed it. Glad I watched the anime first, I have NO idea how the fuck anyone would translate this anime into live action. It doesn't feel like there is a story really at all, just a bunch of cool "ones man vision" artsy fartsy pontifications on life. Which I totally dig.

I hope we get a fuck ton more cosplays with hot chicks at least

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't feel like there is a story really at all, just a bunch of cool "ones man vision" artsy fartsy pontifications on life.
There's a very minor over-arching story, especially with Spike and even Ed/Faye, as you get toward the final episodes.

But, the pontificating on life's various ups and downs is really what makes the series so fucking good. That's why Ganymede Elegy is one of my favorite episodes, probably top 3. But even stuff like Speak Like a Child and Hard Luck Woman are great.

• 1Like