Crazy cool shit you just found out about.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I keep coming across new, old stuff that is mind-blowing but true.

I'm claiming this spot for crazy cool shit that is true.

Last night I read about Jud,

He had perhaps the worst and best luck on the same day in history. Not only did his plane catch fire, fail 2x manual ejection, 2x parachute falures but he free fell 3 miles into the Pacific and wrote about it.

Great short read.

Snippet

CHAPTER SEVEN
I FELL 15,000 FEET AND LIVED
CLIFF JUDKINS

“Jud, you’re on fire, get out of there!”
Needless to say that startling command got my attention. As you will read in this report, this was just the beginning of my problems!

LINK
Jud is a bad ass link

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Very mundane story, but I really wish this sort of thing would happen more often. I was driving one day and the sun was in that shitty spot to the side where the visor can't reach. I thought, "man, they should really make these things slide out on the rod. That ought to be simple enough. I wonder if I could mod this one." So I grabbed the visor and tugged a bit to see how it was attached, and the motherfucker did exactly the thing I wanted it to do but somehow never knew about! It was a great driving day!

1672840204891.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My truck does that and has an extension that slides out that will go out below the rear view mirror as well. When both are slid out and extended they meet in the middle. I thought all vehicles in the last 20 years did.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Very mundane story, but I really wish this sort of thing would happen more often. I was driving one day and the sun was in that shitty spot to the side where the visor can't reach. I thought, "man, they should really make these things slide out on the rod. That ought to be simple enough. I wonder if I could mod this one." So I grabbed the visor and tugged a bit to see how it was attached, and the motherfucker did exactly the thing I wanted it to do but somehow never knew about! It was a great driving day!

View attachment 451371

So I've had those in a couple vehicles. Eventually they fail and they flop down and won't stay up. Pro tip - push zip ties into the hole, they'll stay up again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user