Crazy Neighbor Need Advice

ashatumar_foh

shitlord
Go Outside said:
Sounds like she might haveTinnitus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sometimes electronics give me a buzzing headache, like TV"s when left on static. She could be tuned into the frequency but most likely she"s just a bitch who needs to complain.
Nah, I"ve had Tinitus for 20+ years. In my case I get it every couple of weeks, sometimes every month or more. It"s usually just under 20 seconds and it"s pure sound... it"s like the old audio tests you took at the doctor, a clean, sharp tone. You can be in the middle of Baghdad and it"s clear. The best example are those FPS war games where you hear the high pitched tone right after an explosion goes off near you. It"s identical to that.

stehle_foh

shitlord
She"s back!! It didn"t even take a whole 24 hours to get a response!

We went out to celebrate my birthday and when we returned we ended up watching "Sideways" at 10 pm.

Here is a rough transcript of the phone call the crazy neighbor had with my wife last night around 11 pm. It was a quick discussion because she couldn"t blame my computer (which wasn"t on).

I know it is none my business, but the LL said you would be out tonight.

Is the computer on?
-No.
I just wanted to know if anything changed?
-No.
Is the router on?
-No.
Did anything go on at 10:28?
-No.
OK, I?ll have to call the LL back.

It really must be something else in the house then?we really need to figure this out.
We already know what the problem is...

We will be out the next two days (Fri / Sat), but Sunday night will be the main event. She wants to "test" the cpu to see if she can feel the vibrations. I"m thinking about having the LL be an impartial observer.

Everyone at work is cheering for me and I appreciate all the comments. The "sparta" comment has become a staple of office lingo now..

Zeste_foh

shitlord
I do not understand your personality at all. The amount of shit you go through for this stranger, and a crazy one at that.

Oh well eh?

stehle_foh

shitlord
Interesting, it appears things have rapidly escalated. I talked to LL today because he wanted to do a "test" tonight--but we will be out. So we scheduled one for tomorrow afternoon.

Evidently the crazy neighbor has been sending long e-mail documenting everything to the LL. He almost sounds like there could be pending legal action (against him) if he does not try to solve the problem.

Next step for us might be a lawyer / harassment charges if the phone calls continue after this latest "test".

stehle_foh

shitlord
Blumpster said:
It was your birthday...and you watched Sideways? BOO THIS MAN!
Haha- It was the only remaining Netflix movie in the house. Rest assured tonight I will be celebrating in style--one of Boston"s finest steakhouse in conjunction with a metric ton of vodka martinis.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
ashatumar said:
Nah, I"ve had Tinitus for 20+ years. In my case I get it every couple of weeks, sometimes every month or more. It"s usually just under 20 seconds and it"s pure sound... it"s like the old audio tests you took at the doctor, a clean, sharp tone. You can be in the middle of Baghdad and it"s clear. The best example are those FPS war games where you hear the high pitched tone right after an explosion goes off near you. It"s identical to that.
I get this also. I"m sure a lot of people do. Thing is not all people get it like us. I had a friend who got Tinnitus from taking Accutane and had low ringing in his ears almost 24/7. It switched up to really high-pitched ringing every 4 or 5 hours, typically when we were inside in a quiet environment. Only went away when he went off the meds.

It"s not out of the question for your neighbor. Since you say she"s nutzo, she might be on some meds that are giving her tinnitus and there is either something that"s setting it off for her or she"s just getting straight random ringing.

Just something to consider.

stehle_foh

shitlord
ValkyrieIsAboutToDie said:
I get this also. I"m sure a lot of people do. Thing is not all people get it like us. I had a friend who got Tinnitus from taking Accutane and had low ringing in his ears almost 24/7. It switched up to really high-pitched ringing every 4 or 5 hours, typically when we were inside in a quiet environment. Only went away when he went off the meds.

It"s not out of the question for your neighbor. Since you say she"s nutzo, she might be on some meds that are giving her tinnitus and there is either something that"s setting it off for her or she"s just getting straight random ringing.

Just something to consider.
I would think that something like tinnitus could be the issue, but she is constantly saying it isn"t the sound that is bothering her--it is the vibrations. It seems to turn on intermittently. As was the case last night where nothing was on (except the tv) and the vibrations woke her up at 10:30 pm and again at 1:00 am (well after we had gone to bed). Truly bizarre.

From 3/30/07

Hi,

I again felt the vibrations last night. LL told me you told him
you were going to be out last night, and that you weren"t going to be
using the computer. SInce you did not use the computer, maybe it"s
the heater, since, as you say, that is the only other thing that is
different when you are home. What time did you turn on the heater
last night, and if you turn it off when you go to bed, what time did
you turn it off? Do you leave it on, but at a lower setting all
night, or do you turn it off completely? I had no problems while I
was in Houston, nor at a hotel at which I stayed for a couple of
days. Maybe all along it has been some combination of the two
things, both your computer and the heater, but whatever it is, we
have to get to the bottom of this. I cannot keep losing sleep.
Our test has been pushed out until Sunday at 1am. I am trying to devise a good way to test the vibration theory with the computer...

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don"t see how there could be any sensible legal case against your LL. Both you and have him gone to great lengths for this psycho. I think you really need to consider filing some kind of harassment charge.

Rotanee_foh

shitlord
Man, you are more patient that I would be. Though, I think you are going about it the right way if you want and need to keep your landlord on your side.

That bitch is nuts.

TOOL_foh

shitlord
DickTrickle said:
I don"t see how there could be any sensible legal case against your LL.
Lawsuits don"t need to be sensible to file them. Hell, sometimes they don"t even need to be sensible to win either. How much did that person win from McD"s when she spilled her coffee in her own lap?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Jesus Christ, is that McDonald"s case going to be talked about forever? Go google it and learn some more pertinent facts about that case.

And while she can file what she want, it can be easily dismissed or she can be countersued for court costs.

Taranatar_foh

shitlord
She sounds like she may have some health issues that are causing this.

When I was 10 till I was 12, I would have, maybe twice or three times a week, a weird low vibration feeling go throughout my head and seemingly through my body. I wasn"t fully awake or asleep, it was really weird and i can"t explain it. It almost felt as if someone turned a subwoofer on really low somewhere in my room.

Needless to say it freaked me out for a good two months before i learned to live with it. I had went to a doctor with it and he said there are cases where your equillibrium can shift suddenly or "oscillate" without any actual movement involving your body, and can cause weird feelings when you sleep.

One day it just stopped, I haven"t even thought about it till just now.

Just throwing that out there.

ashatumar_foh

shitlord
Taranatar said:
She sounds like she may have some health issues that are causing this.

When I was 10 till I was 12, I would have, maybe twice or three times a week, a weird low vibration feeling go throughout my head and seemingly through my body. I wasn"t fully awake or asleep, it was really weird and i can"t explain it. It almost felt as if someone turned a subwoofer on really low somewhere in my room.

Needless to say it freaked me out for a good two months before i learned to live with it. I had went to a doctor with it and he said there are cases where your equillibrium can shift suddenly or "oscillate" without any actual movement involving your body, and can cause weird feelings when you sleep.

One day it just stopped, I haven"t even thought about it till just now.

Just throwing that out there.
Crazy, a few nights ago just after I had laid down to sleep, I got this loud sound in my head and it woke me up and I flayed around for a sec I was so surprised. This happens every few months, maybe four times a year.

I"ve also noticed that if it"s really warm in my room, I"ll have nightmares and wake up. This part is crazy, but someone explained to me I"m probably in REM sleep because of the heat, and dreaming/nightmaring because of the REM state.

As for the neighbor, I hope this Sunday ends the issue once and for all. The fact she spies on you is so fucking creepy.

stehle_foh

shitlord
Interesting, it appears she has moved into a hotel at night until this gets resolved... I hope that the LL isn"t paying for it.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
In my opinion, she"s suffering from some sort of neurological disorder.

Even more so, because she only hears this shit only when she"s in the apartment... at night.

Or... she"s just a fucking liar trying to a) make money by suing b) holding a grudge for something and wants you kicked out c) wants to get out of her lease.