Crazy Neighbor Need Advice

stehle_foh

shitlord
The Crazy Neighbor still is not home yet.

If silencing my computer (4 new low dba fans + silicon gaskets) then I think my wife and I have a different approach. Of course, we may do it anyway--even if the new changes do work.

We will sign up for BabyGap and Pottery Barn for Kids and "accidently" change the address from our number to her number. This should "plant the seed" and make her very paranoid for two reasons. Firstly the only unoccupied room is directly below her and secondly children (especially babies) don"t come with a mute button....

stehle_foh

shitlord
To keep this thread entertaining...(although this is one of her more lucid e-mails).

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 5:13 PM
To: [Me]
Subject: sound/vibration

Hi [Me],

Something that seems to be coming from your office is keeping me
awake again. This has been happening for quite some time, months and
months, actually, (my fault for not bringing it up before now,) and
I"ve been losing at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours of sleep a night. I"m a
walking zombie, and can barely put two words together, and both my
work and my health are suffering.

Would you please check your sub woofer, to see if it"s coming on,
even though you"ve got the sound turned off? Or perhaps some other
piece of equipment is putting out vibrations. I"ve asked a lot of
engineers and a consensus seems to be that it could be the sub woofer
putting out sub aural sound, and/or vibrations. I don"t hear
anything, but I do feel vibrations that are very uncomfortable, but
only when you seem to be in the office. This does not happen to me
any other time or place, i.e., Houston, or hotels, or when you"re not
home, so I conclude it must have something to do with your gaming
system.

Please check it out and let me know what you discover, as I simply
cannot go on losing sleep.

Thanks,

The Crazy Neighbor
No speakers or anything inside the computer room-- she made me get rid of those in 2006.

I"m trying to find my e-mail archieves from 2005 and 2006; there are some gems in there...

Everlast_foh

shitlord
Holy fucking shit dude! You better watch out, you don"t want her taking an axe to your bathroom door. It sounds to me like she is a hypochondriac that is focusing all of her energy on this vibration, or she is writing a book about how to get rid of your neighbors.

Taranatar_foh

shitlord
OK based on the continued emails and replies, it sounds like you"ve been far past bending over backwards for this woman. If the next thing doesn"t fix it, tell her she needs to move. It"s ridiculous to have to change the way you live just due to the fact that someone is abnormally sensitive to retarded stuff.

Rune_foh

shitlord
You should just say fuck it and throw a midnight rave with 500 of your closest friends. You know. So she has a baseline of what annoying vibrations from a subwoofer sound like. You should ask her how that senile dementia"s going for her.

Tzym_foh

shitlord
Why the hell are you buying this shit to try to make her happy? Grow some balls and do something that will entertain us.

Kiely_foh

shitlord
stehle said:
To keep this thread entertaining...(although this is one of her more lucid e-mails).

No speakers or anything inside the computer room-- she made me get rid of those in 2006.
Get a new 7.1 surround sound kit with amp and sub. Then find some .mp3"s of that just outputs sounds at 4-8Hz, I think this should make her insane in a matter of days. Crank it up to 8-30Hz if possible during the late evenings.

stehle_foh

shitlord
Tzym said:
Why the hell are you buying this shit to try to make her happy? Grow some balls and do something that will entertain us.
Actually the LL is buying the fans / gaskets. I"m not one to complain if I can improve my computer at no cost.

stehle_foh

shitlord
Kiely said:
Get a new 7.1 surround sound kit with amp and sub. Then find some .mp3"s of that just outputs sounds at 4-8Hz, I think this should make her insane in a matter of days. Crank it up to 8-30Hz if possible during the late evenings.
Ha. I have a 6.1 setup at home... I wonder if there are any programs out there which can generate a test .mp3 at a certain specified frequency.

Krauz_foh

shitlord
start writing a book about your batshit neighbor, get published, make millions, then proceed to crush her will to live.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the baby idea is ya"lls best bet, babies cry...and cry... and cry... at least until you poke the soft spot (j/k)

Drajakur_foh

shitlord
Awesome! Since the fuckfest that was the VG thread went ballistic, this is easily the most entertaining dilemna on FoH!

I await results with baited breath...

D