Creepshow

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i always hear people talk about the Raft story in that movie. i admit the part where he eats the chick out only to find out the blob had consumed half her body already kinda fucks with me. the part where the blob sucks down the person through that tiny hole was pretty neat. i think i still preferred the gore in the remake of The Blob that came out a year later. that movie fucks with you.
3c8becb48c17ba9f60276c951dfec0e9cdc1d7d8_00.gif
I watched the old black and white The Blob one day as a very young child. Maybe like 5 or 6. I was convinced the Blob was under my bed for weeks. It was on Sunday afternoon, I had no idea it would be scary!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I watched the old black and white The Blob one day as a very young child. Maybe like 5 or 6. I was convinced the Blob was under my bed for weeks. It was on Sunday afternoon, I had no idea it would be scary!
the original Blob scared the fuck out of me, but i didnt realize it til later. there is the famous scene of the guy at the barber shop getting his hair cut with his head leaning on the sink. Blob goes up the drain and hops right on his face. 2 weeks after i saw the movie my mom took me to get my hair cut. i was sweating bullets.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This is great. 1st thing I saw in the first episode was a lost dog poster for “Cujo”. Hahaha

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Meteor Shit!

My family quotes Creepshow all the fucking time. A classic.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
The Crate was one of the few things that terrified the fuck out of me as a kid, watching it these days it seems pretty tame. I still regard old crates shoved in a back corner with suspicion sometimes.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So watched more of these last night about half way through the season. It's kind of a fun watch. They kept the Zaniness of the original 2 movies.

So far "The Finger" is my favorite.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Crate was one of the few things that terrified the fuck out of me as a kid, watching it these days it seems pretty tame. I still regard old crates shoved in a back corner with suspicion sometimes.
that didnt bother me nearly as much as the massive massive amounts of cockroaches in that last segment. if i see one today i instantly think of that scene where the dude opens his cereal box and roaches pour out or when he looks in his bowl of soggy cereal and realizes those werent raisins he's been eating. ugh, man im getting goosebumps right now. fuck me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok this entire season is fucking awesome so far. Looks like a season 2 is coming too! I highly recommend this. 30 day trial on shutter through amazon. Loving every episode.

• 3Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Stephen King dock short story was good back then too. You got me nostalgic so I fired up the movie last night and who is it but Ed Harris dancing around with 80's hair slutty/hot chick!

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Stephen King dock short story was good back then too. You got me nostalgic so I fired up the movie last night and who is it but Ed Harris dancing around with 80's hair slutty/hot chick!
Ed Harris was playing a young person? I can't imagine him ever looking a day under 35.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
This is so low budget and campy. It is so true to the old style creepshow and tales from the crypt that if you told me they just found these as unused episodes in a warehouse somewhere I would believe it.

What else is good on Shudder since I have it for the next 30 days?

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This is so low budget and campy. It is so true to the old style creepshow and tales from the crypt that if you told me they just found these as unused episodes in a warehouse somewhere I would believe it.

I ended up watching three from hell since that was in there. Sequel to the house of 1000 corpses series. That was some solid “wtf”. Lol. But one movie I think you may like. It’s older. It’s called “the changeling” with George C Scott. Really slow burn but I loved it.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Oh man, I forgot this was a thing. Gonna have to check it out. The hitchhiker story used to scare me shitless. "Thank's for the ride, lady"

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

It really depends on what you are into but some suggestions. I have seen all of these and like then to one degree or another. Some are amazing some are decent. Bliss, Excorcist, Housewife, Howl, Satanic Panic, Ginger Snaps, Dog Soldiers, The Fog, Escape from New York, From the Dark, Head Hunter, Taking of Deborah Logan, The Furies, Spring, Bad Moon, Mandy, Incident in a Ghostland, Monster Party, Puppet Master Littlest Reich, The Void.

Depending on how campy you enjoy Tammy and The T-Rex is surprisingly fun.

Some highly rated best horror of the year type stuff I have not seen and cannot comment on Hagazussa, Ever After, One Cut of the Dead, Tigers are not Afraid.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
These were based on the EC horror comics from the 1940's-1960's. Those were fricken disturbing...

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
These were based on the EC horror comics from the 1940's-1960's. Those were fricken disturbing...
the Vault of Horror was always more hardcore than tales from the crypt. same guy who ran EC Comics also did Mad Magazine. i loved all of them. they reprinted them in the 90s.

• 3Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
the Vault of Horror was always more hardcore than tales from the crypt. same guy who ran EC Comics also did Mad Magazine. i loved all of them. they reprinted them in the 90s.

I had a compilation volume from the 1970's... It was a huge hardcover thing that I actually got from Bill Gaines himself. That guy was so humble and cool. Met him and Al Jaffee when their office was in midtown Manhattan. The place looked like a frat house, albeit a small one.

Some of those stories still freak me out when I think of them.

• 3Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It really depends on what you are into but some suggestions. I have seen all of these and like then to one degree or another. Some are amazing some are decent. Bliss, Excorcist, Housewife, Howl, Satanic Panic, Ginger Snaps, Dog Soldiers, The Fog, Escape from New York, From the Dark, Head Hunter, Taking of Deborah Logan, The Furies, Spring, Bad Moon, Mandy, Incident in a Ghostland, Monster Party, Puppet Master Littlest Reich, The Void.

Depending on how campy you enjoy Tammy and The T-Rex is surprisingly fun.

Some highly rated best horror of the year type stuff I have not seen and cannot comment on Hagazussa, Ever After, One Cut of the Dead, Tigers are not Afraid.

Ok going to watch tigers are not afraid. Will report. :)

wait. Don’t feel like reading a movie. Will try ginger snaps. :)

• 1Like