Critically acclaimed shows of the last 20 years that you haven't watched

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The Sopranos. I want to watch it but 9 seasons is just too daunting to start on.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good thread idea, terrible starting post

never finished Twin Peaks, trailed off in season 2
Rome, never finished it
Mad Men, only one season in
Justified
NYPD Blue
Band of Brothers
The West Wing
Frontline

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
Freaks & Geeks
Futurama (currently working my way through season three)
Mad Men
Oz
The Shield
Twin Peaks (currently working my way through season two)
The West Wing

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Wire
Mad Men
The Shield
Sopranos

certainly others, but these are the big ones that I'm interested in watching.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Six Feet Under is next for me once I finish this rewatch of The Wire. I've heard people say it's got one of the greatest endings to a show ever. I'm almost always disappointed with how shows decide to finish things so hopefully SFU lives up.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
Six Feet Under is next for me once I finish this rewatch of The Wire. I've heard people say it's got one of the greatest endings to a show ever. I'm almost always disappointed with how shows decide to finish things so hopefully SFU lives up.
It's easily the best finale I've ever seen.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Sopranos. I want to watch it but 9 seasons is just too daunting to start on.
I rewatched the entire series recently. It goes by pretty quickly if you have some free time (which you tend to make whether you should or not once you start). Still is a really good show, although it ends very abruptly.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
Perhaps this show was more enjoyable if you watched it week by week and seasonal. I did a marathon of it a few years ago and by the end it was just a tedious mobster soap opera for me with little character or anything of note to remember. The only episode that I really even recall was the Pine Barrens which was awesome and a shame that there wasn't more of that type of quality present. The main problem I think was that it just had too many seasons; it said everything it had to say long before its run ended.

The Wire on the other hand was a blast nearly start to finish apart from the school stuff.