Crowfall

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have said it several times. The took what didn't work about Shadowbane in their eyes (campaigns never ending) and got rid of it. I think they are correct but I could be wrong.
what i meant was they introduced a server on shadowbane that would be constantly resetting every few months, i think the name was cataclysm. It lasted for one cycle and never reset because there wasnt enough interest in it. Crowfall is just expanding on that original idea which didnt work out to start with.

The life cycle of Cataclysm was basically a lot of people played at the start then went back home to whatever server they usually played on.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think that's the biggest question in this game that we won't answer until it happens. If you reset player progress, will the players want to replay it? I think it'll all depend on how fun the actual game is. For all its fun points, leveling and building a city in Shadowbane sucked balls. It only got fun when you could pvp after that point.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Look Tuco, all you have to do is tell PRX to tone it down so they don't make everyone take their balls and leave.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
what i meant was they introduced a server on shadowbane that would be constantly resetting every few months, i think the name was cataclysm. It lasted for one cycle and never reset because there wasnt enough interest in it. Crowfall is just expanding on that original idea which didnt work out to start with.

The life cycle of Cataclysm was basically a lot of people played at the start then went back home to whatever server they usually played on.
So they made a new server and never reset it and people left? I don't understand how that's the same thing at all.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah because it's totally not obvious when one server says "Free For All" and another says "3 Faction" and another says "Guild vs Guild" that the free for all server will have one winner.

Wait a minute....
You've formed way too many opinions about the game not based in reality already. I don't know where to start to untangle all of them.

1) They've mentioned guilds and dregs in the same sentence.
2) They've said there will be multiple win conditions and variance of rewards that scales with the time you've spent in campaign.
3) Free for all is just that, not hard lines of who you can fight. 3 Factions will be exactly that. Hard line of who your enemy is. GvG might have other mechanisms that support guilds and not individuals where guilds are the victors and not individuals.

I mean do you really think that a campaign, that takes months to complete will come down to only 1 person winning and everyone is a loser? Did you seriously think that is a thing?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Well, what's different here is going to be the procedural generation. I'm sure the Shadowbane server had a static landscape and set of resources right? Constant exploration really isn't fun if there isn't new stuff to explore. This game will live and die by it's procedural generation.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
*shrug* I guess my understanding of how words work is different then yours. You see, I thought free for all would mean free for all. Not "sorta free for all.... well... I mean, unlike the guild versus guild you have friendly fire but you still win as a guild so we should call it free for guild...."

I guess I figure the names for their rules sets actually mean something.

So yeah, I do think that whatever you win will be based on individual performance. The fact that you don't boggles my mind.

1) I never said you couldn't be in a guild, that doesn't mean that winning still isn't based on personal performance.
2) Never said there weren't multiple rewards but you know they are going to have a first place even if 1-100 get the same reward.
3) So you agree that GvG has guilds as victors and FFA has individuals? I'm now totally confused because this is exactly what I was saying and you are implying the same thing.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'd love to see a trait that sacrifices health regen and instead boosts life on hit, or lets you affect nearby group members with your life on hit stat.

rrr_img_91822.jpg

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
*shrug* I guess my understanding of how words work is different then yours. You see, I thought free for all would mean free for all. Not "sorta free for all.... well... I mean, unlike the guild versus guild you have friendly fire but you still win as a guild so we should call it free for guild...."

I guess I figure the names for their rules sets actually mean something.

So yeah, I do think that whatever you win will be based on individual performance. The fact that you don't boggles my mind.

1) I never said you couldn't be in a guild, that doesn't mean that winning still isn't based on personal performance.
2) Never said there weren't multiple rewards but you know they are going to have a first place even if 1-100 get the same reward.
3) So you agree that GvG has guilds as victors and FFA has individuals? I'm now totally confused because this is exactly what I was saying and you are implying the same thing.
Of course individual performance is going to be a factor. I never said it wasn't. Maybe I misread what you wrote, but it seemed like you thought only one person won and that was it.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think his distinction was between 'everyone on this faction/guild wins, regardless of personal merit' vs 'individuals that did well win'.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just want to know how they are going to make collecting resources fun. Are mining nodes and such going to be in cave systems with monsters or something entertaining? Also I am getting a very MOBA vibe on how they are going to do healing. Healing abilities that will make a huge difference but not a wack a mole click fest.

velk

Trakanon Raider
After reading the available info on this one, I am going to go ahead and predict that it bombs so hard that several unrelated projects fall into the crater it leaves and are never seen again.