Crowfall

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Can you give me some examples of other Disciplines?
Sure. Here are a few examples.

Standard Bearer
Rune Caster
Collector
Lapidary
Beastmaster
Ratcatcher
Blood of the Ancients
Berserker
Swashbuckler
Stonecutter
Commander
Oh Shit shadowbane Ratcatcher discipline is back. Wonder if I can be a wererat as well.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Just to up the hype. Here was a rough version of some of the work I was doing on the weekend setting up for the stream.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Draegan is so dreamy.

I feel like the best you can do at this point is break your podcast down to:
1. Reviewing the last week's release of info. Good luck in a month from now when they don't release much info, but for now there's enough to chew on even if it's half-conceived hopium.
2. Set up interviews with the semi-famous PvP streamers and guild leaders to discuss both Crowfall and the PvP scene at a high level and what MMOs need to do to hold their interest long term.
3. If you were really determined, you could use the stream as sort of a culmination of a focus group to poll members of the community on specific items. That's what Valor did in the first one, but he painted a lot of broad strokes and asked specific people. I'm thinking more of a quantative result and specific set of questions. To me this would be geared toward some kind of integration with the ACE team to work with them to provide a design-adjusting service to them rather than a bunch of fanboys jerking each other off to 30 viewers.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm still sticking to my guns on not doing a podcast yet for this. The majority of the content producable is theory at best with the limited information available. And even then it's weak-theory.

Getting in too soon on this will set the brand as a writeoff in my opinion. Mostly with smoke blowing overhyped what ifs.

We need commitment and specifics from the devs and we're not going to see much of that until the summer or until KS funds at the end of this month (doubtful even then).

I'll tune in tonight, hopefully to be proven wrong.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't even know what setting the brand as a writeoff means.

If I have any say in the show, the what ifs and would be cool stuff is going to be kept to a limit. It's basically a community building exercise at this point.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Draegan is so dreamy.

I feel like the best you can do at this point is break your podcast down to:
1. Reviewing the last week's release of info. Good luck in a month from now when they don't release much info, but for now there's enough to chew on even if it's half-conceived hopium.
2. Set up interviews with the semi-famous PvP streamers and guild leaders to discuss both Crowfall and the PvP scene at a high level and what MMOs need to do to hold their interest long term.
3. If you were really determined, you could use the stream as sort of a culmination of a focus group to poll members of the community on specific items. That's what Valor did in the first one, but he painted a lot of broad strokes and asked specific people. I'm thinking more of a quantative result and specific set of questions. To me this would be geared toward some kind of integration with the ACE team to work with them to provide a design-adjusting service to them rather than a bunch of fanboys jerking each other off to 30 viewers.
I won't be part of the show for long if it's just a fanboy circle jerk. Shit is boring to watch and listen too.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I don't even know what setting the brand as a writeoff means.
My point was people write titles/brands off and don't look at them again if their initial introductory content is worthless. Which is the case with the first few episodes of crowns and crows.

You're pulling a lot of weight from the RR interview, as a direct comparision, because the content is sound.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Oh I'm not worried about branding right now because there have only been a few eps and not that many people have seen it yet. You can easily recover that.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What time tuesday can we expect to tune into the twitch stream? Having trouble finding a start time. 7pm EST? (if memory serves)

Vitality

HUSTLE
Mount FAQ from KS update

Mount FAQ

What are mounts like in Crowfall?

Mounts are creatures that have been tamed to act as both a companion and a steed. They provide players with a method of moving more quickly around the game, and sometimes giving them the ability to transport more items.

How do I get a mount?

Players with the right skill(s) will be able to tame certain creatures they find in the world, and some of these can be ridden as mounts. Additionally, some magic items will allow the player to manifest (summon) a mount from your inventory.

What determines if I can tame a creature?

All gameplay in Crowfall requires one or more skills; taming and riding mounts are no different! Certain creatures will require higher amounts of skill to tame than others. Skill will also be required in order to keep control of that creature once you have tamed it. Increasing your riding skill will help you tame more wild creatures, which in turns allows you to increase your movement speed while mounted.

Can you tame creatures other than Mounts? What can you do with the tamed creature?

Yes. Some creatures are a pack animals. Taming them allows you to open up a separate inventory on that creature, to add and remove items from it, and to order that creature to take simple commands like "stay," "come" and "follow me." If the creature is a regular mount, you can ride it, have it follow you or release it back into the wild (i.e. un-tame it). With figurine mounts, you can also dismiss them (i.e. turn it back into a figurine in your inventory, for later use).

Can mounts be attacked? Do they have health? Can they be killed?

Yes, yes and yes. Mounts are creatures in the world, so they can take damage and be killed.

Will a mount defend himself, or you, if attacked?

Yes, when you are not riding on a mount, the mount will defend itself and/or its master.

Can players use creatures higher than their riding skill allows?

No. The riding skill determines which mounts you can ride, as well as mount speed.

You said that mounts can die. Can figurine mounts die?

Yes, but figurine mounts have multiple lives. When it dies, the item takes some decay, and there is a delay timer before the mount can be summoned again. Remember that these are items, so they follow the same design philosophy as everything else: nothing lasts forever.

Can someone else take my mount?

These are items, so they are subject to the Campaign loot rules. That means there is a risk/reward scenario whenever you decide to use a mount figurine. Be careful where you take them.

What about the Kickstarter reward mounts? Don't they last forever?

The Kickstarter mounts will be limited in use, like normal figurines - but we WILL give you a way to get the visual appearance back, if they are lost in gameplay. Our goal is not to make these "permanent", but rather to make them temporary, but recoverable. We do want you to be able to continue to use them over the lifetime of the game, though, to show other players that you were an early backer.

Can I get more figurines in the game? Or only through Kickstarter?

There will be Disciplines that allow players to craft new figurines. However, the Kickstarter reward figurines have a unique appearance. Only Kickstarter backers (of the appropriate tiers) will have access to these mounts.
Can my Centaur character ride on a mount?

No, centaurs already have a base movement speed increase and there will be some other mechanic that allows them to travel at mount speed.

Natalie - ft: Todd #2:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
See now a husbandry skill where your primary time is spent hunting down semi-exotic mounts, then engaging in a fairly simple minigame of taming and training them, leveling them to 'figurine level', then selling/handing off mounts is an excellent crafting skill that you could easily have husbandry experts focus on long-term instead of combat. This is especially true since mounts can die.

Of course, at what point do you see that your leisure time is spent cycling through specific known coordinates that the level randomizer selected as exotic mount spawns and you realize you should kill yourself.

Vitality

HUSTLE
See now a husbandry skill where your primary time is spent hunting down semi-exotic mounts, then engaging in a fairly simple minigame of taming and training them, leveling them to 'figurine level', then selling/handing off mounts is an excellent crafting skill that you could easily have husbandry experts focus on long-term instead of combat. This is especially true since mounts can die.

Of course, at what point do you see that your leisure time is spent cycling through specific known coordinates that the level randomizer selected as exotic mount spawns and you realize you should kill yourself.
I'd imagine in your case (PRX) you'd send out a specialized scouting set of groups and they'd record any nearby materials while the crafters get funneled base mats for harnesses/weapons etc day 1/2.

Or you just make your whole guild go centaur and get permanent mount availability.

If they do it like minecraft biomes, it might be predictable enough to locate mobs that the kill-yourself aspect of it goes away mostly.

Still pretty speculative at this point.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Obviously 1.3 mil is nowhere near to the kind of money they would need to make this mmo. Have they discussed their anticipated / forecasted budgetary needs to put out a finished product and where they are going to get the funding from? Just crowd funding for the long haul? I don't see them getting anywhere near the backing that star citizen received

Vitality

HUSTLE
Obviously 1.3 mil is nowhere near to the kind of money they would need to make this mmo. Have they discussed their anticipated / forecasted budgetary needs to put out a finished product and where they are going to get the funding from? Just crowd funding for the long haul? I don't see them getting anywhere near the backing that star citizen received
They have VC and Personal investments prior to obtaining KS funding.

The KS funding listed currently is for EK worlds and Dregs worlds only (initially)

They're also cutting costs by using a prefab engine and design plugin modules. As opposed to a direct competitor (Camelot Unchained) who has spent the last couple years making their engine from scratch.