Crowfall

Valor_sl

shitlord
I get it, they don't want me to invade Timmy's $25 plot of land and pillage his $10 Relic Shrine. I don't necessarily see that as a good thing, though.

If it's just a lobby where you safely build upon your e-peen, then make it that. If that's somewhere that's going to provide benefits to your campaign strength, then there should be some risk to it.

Just how I feel about it.
I really think that the blessings aren't going to really be significant in any way other than marginal boosts to things not related to combat or directly to your character's strength

+5% to mining gains
+3% to skill gain for a particular tree
+20% to all money given to Valor

I can't forsee them giving boosts that directly impact PvP when they intentionally are forcing people to as close to an even start as possible.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How much downtime are people expecting in this game? If a campaign is available, I couldn't give two shits about playing Lannisters dream house in EK and going to war against team trannys EK.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Interesting question. I wonder what the average (or ideal) campaign size is estimated to be. That will surely dictate how quick a new campaign will get made.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I really think that the blessings aren't going to really be significant in any way other than marginal boosts to things not related to combat or directly to your character's strength

+5% to mining gains
+3% to skill gain for a particular tree
+20% to all money given to Valor

I can't forsee them giving boosts that directly impact PvP when they intentionally are forcing people to as close to an even start as possible.
You really think a guild of considerable merit is going to commit to 1-3 months of a campaign competing for an Artifact that only gives 5% to mining or some other non-impactful stat?

@Abe/Draegan

Dregs and EK are their primary content focuses right now because that's what they associated the kickstarter to. So they're in the hot seat. And quite frankly EK's are the only things they're talking about in any hard detail so the criticism is warranted.

The fact that EKs are smoke in comparison to campaigns makes me sad a little. Big waste.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You really think a guild of considerable merit is going to commit to 1-3 months of a campaign competing for an Artifact that only gives 5% to mining or some other non-impactful stat?

@Abe/Draegan

Dregs and EK are their primary content focuses right now because that's what they associated the kickstarter to. So they're in the hot seat. And quite frankly EK's are the only things they're talking about in any hard detail so the criticism is warranted.

The fact that EKs are smoke in comparison to campaigns makes me sad a little. Big waste.
I don't know what a guilds motivations are. I know PRX would probably hit the dregs and compete against the best guilds out there and do it for months just to win. They did it in ESO and GW2 for absolutely no gain except for the winning part. So yes, I think they will do it. Not only that, they gain gear and materials to some degree.

When you say this, "The fact that EKs are smoke in comparison to campaigns makes me sad a little. Big waste." It makes me feel like you imagined something.

Here's the big problem everyone has. The developers dropped the EK on people and it was so blank of a canvas. Build things! Own your Kingdom! Sell shit! Make Vassals! and then everyone in their brains started arm chair developing the ever living fuck out of it and now they are sad when it's not true.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know what a guilds motivations are. I know PRX would probably hit the dregs and compete against the best guilds out there and do it for months just to win. They did it in ESO and GW2 for absolutely no gain except for the winning part. So yes, I think they will do it. Not only that, they gain gear and materials to some degree.

When you say this, "The fact that EKs are smoke in comparison to campaigns makes me sad a little. Big waste." It makes me feel like you imagined something.

Here's the big problem everyone has. The developers dropped the EK on people and it was so blank of a canvas. Build things! Own your Kingdom! Sell shit! Make Vassals! and then everyone in their brains started arm chair developing the ever living fuck out of it and now they are sad when it's not true.
I can see that but that may not work for the lesser campaigns if there isn't a big enough carrot outside of just 'winning'. To fair about EK's, it was the devs that threw out the GoT meets EvE references. You say things like that and of course people are going to imagine bigger things for EK's than they actually are.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

Meh. It's part of the hopium fun.

I've been arguing about the Eternal Kingdom on the forums all day long, and I realize there's slim to no chance it's going to be changed at this point.

Really, all the matters at the end of the day is whether the game is fun or not.

Vitality

HUSTLE

"Campaigns are like individual soccer matches, Eternal Kingdoms are like a whole Soccer Season."

Yeah fuckin right...

More like Eternal Kingdoms are like playing a soccer match in your back yard no one gives a shit about.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Since everyone is making assumptions about what everything is going to entail, and also since this game isn't even built yet, and everything that they or we say about the game will inevitably change 10x over...let me throw my own brainstorm into the pile. What if EK is used as an area to create buildings or structures that you can turn into blueprints (with the forethought of using these structures within campaigns). These blueprints you can take into a campaign and when you acquire the amount of materials that you used to create said building or structure, you can create it without having to build it piece by piece. I was trying to think of a way to merge EK and campaigns, and this seems like an interesting way to keep what you build in your EK safe (which seems the way they want to go) but also giving you the ability to also bring it into a campaign if you want. So then you can use EK as a testing ground for what works best, build your structure, test it out, then make a blueprint of it if you like it, and bring it into a campaign and create said structure once you have acquired the materials to do so. Dunno if this seems like a good idea or not, just something I was thinking about.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's an interesting idea, but building/importing was brought up on the forums and here's what Todd had to say:

Yeah, Crowfall isn't really a building game in that sense. It's just not part of our vision. We're much more "survival mode" than "creative mode".

Landmark is doing that, so it's worth checking out, and I think Shroud of the Avatar is doing user generated content, as well?

Both good games. Very different focus.

Todd
ACE

^ Personally, the only reason this game even has my interest is the campaigns. It solves the biggest problem in persistent PVP games: one faction / guild / whatever gain permanent dominance over a server and the other side just gives up and quits. Saw it happen in many games.

The only way to solve it previously is offer stuff like free transfers and those didn't really work imho. Campaigns are a much better solution where your side can lose after a few months campaign, then regroup and get 'em next time. No looking forward to being the permanent subjugated underdogs for the entire life of the game.

Flc_sl

shitlord
Honestly folks, the past two pages of posts I literally walked into their office and spoke face to face with Todd and Gordon to discuss the importance of EK's. We (LotD) wanted to have meaning to the EK's. We wanted to be able to war EK's. We wanted to have player loss. We wanted to go in and just fck people's shit up.
No offense, Valor, (and I agree with both your broader point about EKs in this post and appreciate you getting information from the developers) but it's been quite a long time since LotD went into a game and "just fck'd people's shit up."

Weren't you part of that fail alliance in GW2 along with Team Legacy (lol) and RUIN (double lol?) I believe PRX and that group of folks Tuco and company put together - Titan Alliance - destroyed your team regularly.
Wasn't your team regularly destroyed by Condemned in ESO until they broke up?
What's the last game you guys actually dominated in? ArcheAge (lol)? Age of Conan?

I'm really not trying to make this a "shots fired" post and again, appreciate your developer access, but come on dude...

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
it's been quite a long time since LotD went into a game and "just fck'd people's shit up."
giphy.gif

Flc_sl

shitlord
lol Don't be a pussy. Own that shit dude.
If I wanted to do that, I'd talk about how LotD has bled members for the past decade, including most of the individuals that made the guild competitive back in the day, still pretends to be among the elite PVP guilds out there when in actuality it's a shell of its former self, and with its only credit being its public relation officers that are masterfully fucking proficient at minimizing the sweeping defeats LotD experiences in game after game while trumping up minor victories as if they just won the MLG championship.

In other words, they're the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen of guilds.

Anyone who forms an allegiance with RUIN and its 5,000 shithead members and then still proceeds to lose so badly they're forced to change servers so they can compete against unorganized, unguilded players and then claim domination is ridiculous.

Can't wait to see them in the Dregs to test if they've figured out organized target calling and pushes yet.