Crowfall

Vitality

HUSTLE
I don't think I can agree that top tier crafted items won't be found in the dregs when they've said that the dregs have the rarest materials out of all the campaigns.

Embargo Vault is Secure Storage in the dregs. From what they've said.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
dregs is also like, full loot/loss. Yes you will get the materials to make the uber weapons in dregs, no, you won't actually build them or use them in the dregs. you will embargo that shit and sell it in EKs to carebear fags for 80 million wood or whatever.

Embargo vault is a one way export from campaigns > EK. it's not like a bank vault to store shit in.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Where did they say dregs was full loot/loss?

The content in the emargo vault is protected. It's even called a Vault. You can't take anything out of it sure but you can still store things in it.

Not sure how you got confused about that.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Look around first. Do some research. I put in 150 but that doesn't say much because I'm a whore with a loose wallet for new games.

Small team with aspirations of covering the EVE/Shadowbane/UO design peridigms. PVP focused (So they say) etc.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think I can agree that top tier crafted items won't be found in the dregs when they've said that the dregs have the rarest materials out of all the campaigns.

Embargo Vault is Secure Storage in the dregs. From what they've said.
I somehow picture that like the weapon cache in the hunger games. Total murder ball trying to run in and access it.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
DCUO + Tera supposedly. A lot is up in the air. But if you have the cash and want something pvpish toss them a few bills. They have been open and friendly and pat you on the ass afterwards when you give them money.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
The guy who made combat in DCUO is on the team. He likes Tera combat too.
My favorite part of DCUO combat is where you have a button that makes you do 1/3rd your normal damage but you can now slot heals on your hotbar and can do nothing but cast a big heal, a small heal or a mediocre heal over time! That was a fantastic idea. I want to give that guy a blowjob.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Where did they say dregs was full loot/loss?

The content in the emargo vault is protected. It's even called a Vault. You can't take anything out of it sure but you can still store things in it.

Not sure how you got confused about that.
was in one of the info graphics during the kickstarter, but I can't find any information about it now. It listed their ideas for import/export rules, win/lose/kneel %s of spoils after campaigns, and touched on potential losses on death based on campaign type. It didn't specifically say dregs was full loot/loss it just hinted that it was being considered. I'm kinda mad now that they took that down, i know it's all in limbo and none of it was concrete but now they can totally backpedal and be like "no the risker area's are riskier because there's more pvp, nobody loses anything ever on any death"

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
They had always said that there will be varying risks. They also always said it will be tested and tweaked one way or another as they go.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My hope is that the campaigns will be large enough to be interesting, but small enough that they'll be able to support a handful simultaneously. That way they can have, say, 3 dregs campaigns, each with different levels of death penalty.

I'm not a fan of equipment loot on death because I don't want to deal with extra armor sets / re-equipping / looting other players, but I definitely want the winners to win and the losers to lose. I'm a fan of gold and some inventory loss on death.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
My hope is that the campaigns will be large enough to be interesting, but small enough that they'll be able to support a handful simultaneously.
Wild ass guessing:

Let's say that campaigns are tailored for a peak of 1000 simultaneous players.

Typical ratio is 5-to-1, i.e. 5 times more players than actual connected players at peak prime time, meaning a campaign is actually 5000 players who have joined.

Finally, lets say you have a ratio of 10% of potential players that are interested enough to do early backing, meaning the 18k backers translate into 180k players for the game.

Then, let's say about half of the people doing are willing to play at a given difficulty level and half would go higher, that gives you, scaled:

- 96k people who play in Faction-level campaigns
- 48k people who play in Godwar-level campaigns
- 24k people who play in Guild-level campaigns
- 12k people who play in Dregs campaigns

That would mean between 2 and 3 Dregs campaigns. This is highly assumption-sensitive WAG, but it sounds fairly plausible. And, before you object to the fact that this scheme has only 12k Dreg-level players while 18k backed the game with only a firm promise of the Dregs, what I'm saying here is that I wouldn't be surprised if a number of backers, given a choice, will probably play at a more "leisurely" level.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think everything will depend on how alpha goes. They could come up with some really enjoyable mechanics that favor the dregs over factional pvp. I don't even know what the difference between dregs and guild-level campaigns are. If you're not in a guild you should be in the factional campaigns (faction or god war) where the game gives friends to you like your mother signing you up to an after school program.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My hope is that the campaigns will be large enough to be interesting, but small enough that they'll be able to support a handful simultaneously. That way they can have, say, 3 dregs campaigns, each with different levels of death penalty.

I'm not a fan of equipment loot on death because I don't want to deal with extra armor sets / re-equipping / looting other players, but I definitely want the winners to win and the losers to lose. I'm a fan of gold and some inventory loss on death.
If there isn't any equipment loss, there really is no difference between this game and any other shitty MMO pvp game.