Crowfall

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You just said you were looking for a GOOD MMO. So why would you be looking at EQN?
So far, EQN is as bad/good as this, which neither because they don't fucking exist. Could argue against the art style and shit but that's whatever, if you don't play good games because you don't like how they look, that's just pretty fucking dumb. Now EQN might turn out to be complete shit(I'd say pretty good chance, I'm not super optimistic), but until it does, saying it's shit is fucking stupid. This game is also likely to turn out to be complete shit, because hardcore pvp focused and "we're totally doing it like you guys love and this time it's gonna rock" is Brad level of bullshit-ness. Maybe it won't, but until they can actually show anything about the game(or EQN), it really doesn't matter much.

Unless you were comparing concept arts quality or something, in which case you might have a point, maybe. Still subjective.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Crowfall's art looks great and I love the characters, too. It's so early on though and we've just transitioned into another MMO with a lot of fun buzzwords. I'm taking the same wait-and-see approach here, but probably even more cautious than usual. This game is being made on a (currently) tiny budget. I'm rooting for them, but we'll see.

Also, I feel like Flex might body slam me for this but I'm still hopeful for EQN.

Vitality

HUSTLE
It's great everyone here is still so passionate about the genre having been dragged through the mud so many times. I agree with the meat of the last few posts, mostly, keep a skeptical arms distance from these two titles until more information is released.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Really don't know shit about either. The reason some people shoehorn EQN into every damn MMO thread is they feel ownership of EQ and SOE raped their childhood by not staying with the spirit of the IP. If that game was titled anything but Everquest you would see almost no hate towards it except for the art design for some. We should at least be thankful that we have probably seen the last games trying to copy WoW. I know people like to shit on GW2 here, but we should thank them for coming up with new ideas and trying something different. Both Crowfall and EQN look to do the same.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So far, EQN is as bad/good as this, which neither because they don't fucking exist. Could argue against the art style and shit but that's whatever, if you don't play good games because you don't like how they look, that's just pretty fucking dumb. Now EQN might turn out to be complete shit(I'd say pretty good chance, I'm not super optimistic), but until it does, saying it's shit is fucking stupid. This game is also likely to turn out to be complete shit, because hardcore pvp focused and "we're totally doing it like you guys love and this time it's gonna rock" is Brad level of bullshit-ness. Maybe it won't, but until they can actually show anything about the game(or EQN), it really doesn't matter much.

Unless you were comparing concept arts quality or something, in which case you might have a point, maybe. Still subjective.
You can call it kind of shit/not shit if you think basing your opinion on Landmark is a valid way to go.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It's great everyone here is still so passionate about the genre having been dragged through the mud so many times. I agree with the meat of the last few posts, mostly, keep a skeptical arms distance from these two titles until more information is released.
It's funny because I do still let myself get excited and want the best for a lot of MMOs but it never gets me bent out of shape when they launch and totally shit the bed. Pretty sure Vanguard was the turning point on that. Followed it for years only to quit it in days.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

This is pretty well thought out.

EQN had some very good ideas to move the genre forward and even had a playable demo. Crowfall has nothing but good ideas so far.

Vitality

HUSTLE
New update today about the knight

Screenshot:

rrr_img_90166.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like the cartoony style they are going with. They should have trolled with a pic of huge fucking shoulder pads though and then 30 min later post the real one.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm also down with the art style. At this point the first thing I look for in pre-alpha engines is, "Ok how is this going to handle 100v100v100 people at a time?".

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder if they are going to have a bard like class this go round. I remember the bard class from shadowbane as being pretty enjoyable.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I wonder if they are going to have a bard like class this go round. I remember the bard class from shadowbane as being pretty enjoyable.
Well the lead designer of SWG's entertainer class (patent holder for the buff system in that skillset) is on this project in some form. I'd imagine that will bleed over to some degree.

I'd like to see the vanguard version of bards or maybe skalds from DAOC in this one.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm also down with the art style. At this point the first thing I look for in pre-alpha engines is, "Ok how is this going to handle 100v100v100 people at a time?".
I really the art style myself as well. I hop the game is not gearing for 100v100v100 as the primary way for PVP as those zergs are incredibly boring and the only fun is the people at the top directing strategy. I hope we have a game that emphasizes smaller scale fights.

Hopefully they can handle it though.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I really the art style myself as well. I hop the game is not gearing for 100v100v100 as the primary way for PVP as those zergs are incredibly boring and the only fun is the people at the top directing strategy. I hope we have a game that emphasizes smaller scale fights.

Hopefully they can handle it though.
The sneak peak at world rulesets showed things like FFA pvp, Guild vs Guild and what looks like faction pvp settings. Among a few other worlds.

I'd imagine the default strategy would be 100v100v100 in this one or atleast in the faction pvp world.