Crowfall

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I wish I still had this pic some guy posted on the p99 forums right before the red server launched.

He had his computer with all three classic eq boxes and cloth maps in front of it. Couple six packs of natty ice. Couple bottles of shit tier tequila. A ridiculous number of big ass red bulls. A garbage bag of pot and like three eightballs of coke. All ready to go for firebeetle slaying. Eq character creation screen in the background to punctuate the sadness.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Couple six packs ofRogue Hazlenut Brown Nectar. Couple bottles ofMakers Mark. A ridiculous number ofRockstar Punch. A garbage bag of pot and like three eightballs of coke. All ready to go for firebeetle slaying. Eq character creation screen in the background to punctuate theepicness.
Edited. Now it's a party.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are we getting excited again ? I'm not being sarcastic, I'd just like to hear community's bullet points around Crowfall.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Bondurant, read about the game, there's not much text. Basically it's an open world pvp game with loot on death, and a continuously resetting set of different worlds with different rulesets. Also voxels.
Let's face it gents. The MMORPG horizon is so bleak because everybody knows that by 2018/19 VR will be widely accepted.

Any MMORPG that still exists with 2d monitor based interface is going to tank harder than horse & buggies did after Henry Ford came along. I'm guessing this is (one of the reasons) why we haven't heard anything about WoW 2 yet.

But ya, this looks good if it comes out in the next 18 months.
MMOs sound like they make complete sense for VR, but I think the opposite is true. MMOs could be immersive experiences where you enjoy an alternative universe and adding VR to have true presence would make a ton of sense. But I think of them as a community experience wrapped in a layer of gameplay fueled by a reward system.

In other words, VR just hurts your ability to communicate and hit your skill rotation.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bondurant, read about the game, there's not much text. Basically it's anopen world pvp game with loot on death, and a continuously resetting set of different worlds with different rulesets. Also voxels.
Sounds good, I'll keep an eye on it.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Bondurant, read about the game, there's not much text. Basically it's an open world pvp game with loot on death, and a continuously resetting set of different worlds with different rulesets. Also voxels.

MMOs sound like they make complete sense for VR, but I think the opposite is true. MMOs could be immersive experiences where you enjoy an alternative universe and adding VR to have true presence would make a ton of sense. But I think of them as a community experience wrapped in a layer of gameplay fueled by a reward system.

In other words, VR just hurts your ability to communicate and hit your skill rotation.
Fair point, if you assume reliance on keyboard to communicate. I envision VR to pair more naturally with voice comm + gamepad myself.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yep, my friend says NDA drops on the media guys on Tuesday so theres going to be big dumps of info coming out very soon.

a lot of them are calling it better than most finished games already.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The only thing so far that has sent up a red flag for me is the realistic movement with inertia. I will give it a chance but many times that type of movement turns in to ice hockey.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Anyone got quick links to infoz for me? I'm trying to catch up on thread but I'm only half way there.

Vitality

HUSTLE
yep, my friend says NDA drops on the media guys on Tuesday so theres going to be big dumps of info coming out very soon.

a lot of them are calling it better than most finished games already.
HOLY FUCK LETS ALL GET NAKED!

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
It will blow my mind if this game is way further along than anyone thinks.

I remember a lot of people thought that was going to be the case for EverQuest Next. We saw how that turned out, though.

Anyone got quick links to infoz for me? I'm trying to catch up on thread but I'm only half way there.
Just read their FAQs and the MMORPG interview, it's pretty much all we know.

Crowfall: MMO - Throne War Simulator

Crowfall | Building Upon Star Wars Galaxies' Crafting | MMORPG

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It will blow my mind if this game is way further along than anyone thinks.

I remember a lot of people thought that was going to be the case for EverQuest Next. We saw how that turned out, though.
Everyone was being batshit stupid about that and what was even better is that they were thinking it was going to be launching on PS4 that year, lol. PlanetSide 2 hasn't even officially launched on PS4 and we're in 2015. I bet they're still a ways off, but I bet there's a game to be played and they're probably inching toward some Early Access goal to secure some extra funding.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's pretty amazing if it's almost finished and they managed to keep it a secret this long.
Crowfall isnt almost finished by any means. Its still a pre-alpha and very rough. They are just loving the various systems in place and the overall feel of it. Add in a little hopium and you have some very positive journalists.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
My prediction for where Crowfall is right now: They've got the skeleton of most systems in, though not fleshed out. They've got 1-2 rulesets working. You can play a very stripped down version of the game, but it is something "playable"

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Permission to go full hype mode yet or should I wait until after Tuesday? Honestly, MMO hype has been the best game i've played over the last 5 years.