Crowfall

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
A question from someone in PRX:
Q: Will there be summoning, theft/stealth/stealth detection similar to Shadowbane?
I want to see vanilla DAOC stealth balance. Archers two shotting max lvl tanks from 60 yards untargetable in a bush. Too bad I was that tank, not the archer
frown.png

Vitality

HUSTLE
A question from someone in PRX:
Q: Will there be summoning, theft/stealth/stealth detection similar to Shadowbane?
Necromancer type stuff was hinted at in the frostweaver lore. Druid might summon stuff?

Not too many details on the ranger class for stealth detection/stealth style stuff. He and the Assasin might share some similar traits each class with 3 promotional paths they can go down.

It's all speculation at this point as to what the promotion classes will be for a lot of these though.

rrr_img_91266.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They need to fix it. We have to come up with suggestions. My second suggestion is bar fighting. Bare knuckle only.

Vitality

HUSTLE
The biggest issue with this idea is that EK Fealty is completely separate from guilds. While it's likely that guild mates will swear fealty to each other, it's not enforced. Even worse - you can swear fealty to unlimited numbers of kings.

To be honest, at this point my care for Eternal Kingdoms is pretty damn low, and I think they missed the boat by making them solely social hubs with no meaning. They could have been used to really bind the campaigns and create continuity. Hell, even as a social hub, they could have been used to reinforce your social choices, but instead they're just going to be a place to circlejerk your epeens between campaigns.
You're probably right, maybe each player gets a trophy for being on the winning team and only they get the bonus to their characters.

Vitality

HUSTLE
They need to fix it. We have to come up with suggestions. My second suggestion is bar fighting. Bare knuckle only.
31. Can I attack another Personal Kingdom?
We are working on a design that allows Kingdoms to War with each other.

This idea is still very rough, and we consider this a secondary system to the Campaigns - meaning that, even when engaged in a Kingdom War, players will still be reliant on Campaign participation in order to secure materials and rare reagents.

The basic outline of the Kingdom War system is:

The Monarch of one Kingdom challenges the Monarch of another. They must agree on the duration or victory condition (i.e. how do we determine a winner?) They must both ante up a prize (in materials, items or coin) that will be placed "in escrow", meaning they can't touch it unless they win.

Once the War starts, Vassals can travel between the two Kingdoms, and there is open PvP in both Worlds (i.e. no safe zones.) The siege mechanics are enabled on those Worlds, and the buildings are destructible. The War ends either when the pre-determined condition is met by one side, or when one Monarch surrenders. The winner gets the rewards that were set aside at the beginning.

NOTE: the details of this system are still being worked out. If this sounds interesting to you, we invite you to jump on the forums and join the discussion.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't see it discussed, but it's basically confirmed in the Kickstarter FAQ that they're using Unity Engine:

Additionally, to make the game as efficiently as possible, we are leveraging trusted technology (like Unity, PhysX, and cloud computing) rather than building everything ourselves. The payoff from this has been enormous.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm on board with the whole 'characters matter, gear is replaced' but are they going to have a shallow cap on character advancement? That's part of the world building/exploring as well. If I'm capped by end of campaign 1 then just have to gear reset like WoW over and over with no perceived benefit...

Tol_sl

shitlord
Does the game have cloaks?
More importantly, how large will our shoulderpads be?

Stuff I'm interested in knowing: something along the lines of how many worlds do they plan to run, and how many players per campaign they want. I could see too many worlds and not enough players leading to EQLM ghost-towns.

Will the world have island chains and any sort of boat/transportation/logistical transport chains where players can sort of harass and hijack resources? These are clear concerns any panda pirate would have. I haven't followed everything 100% so not sure if those were answered already.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One question Id like to know is "are you guys planning to hide name tags of people in pvp?" Nothing bothered me more than in GW2 where you didn't know who you just killed or they could not know who killed them.

It's almost a deal breaker for me.

Give the people that don't want their name tags to be seen the option to hide it and let the true pvpers show off there strut.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Going to try and swap my 30$ KS to 150$. I normally have a strict "only buy the base game policy", but going to let my hopium run with this one. Btw, Tucbro, if PRX does swap, count myself in absolutely 100% (And most likely the wife too. She's a bit iffy on full PvP, but she loves crafting.)

Edit: In for 150.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One question Id like to know is "are you guys planning to hide name tags of people in pvp?" Nothing bothered me more than in GW2 where you didn't know who you just killed or they could not know who killed them.

It's almost a deal breaker for me.

Give the people that don't want their name tags to be seen the option to hide it and let the true pvpers show off there strut.
I feel like it'd be an insult to even ask this, haha.