Crowfall

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Perks for relics take the form of being able to craft better stuff for campaigns you import items to, right? I'm absolutely expecting terminator-style campaigns to 100% equal footing as far as gear goes, and no essentially passive advantages like a permanent +harvest buff from a relic either.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Draegan stop spending time editing the interview and publishing it so you can give updates and information about the interview!
Some people are going to hate the interview because there aren't any concrete updates but I loved it. It was more high scope development philosophy on how they plan on creating the game. I think the core lesson to be learned is that the game is still in early development and details are fluid but the scope is very much there. It's really a matter of tweaking. Imagine a dev armchair debate on these forums but with an actual dev. There are some specifics in there as well though.

The point of the interview was to get their intentions and their design ideas on the plate so we can see where they are going with the game. All the specific details are really not finalized at all and it's still in the early development cycle. I'll do a follow up interview in like 3-6 months.

There was a dumar reference in the interview.

If you were expecting specific details on EK vs. Campaign and how X specifically works, you'll be disappointed. But that should be expected with how Todd has been talking about the game. They are very much in the weeds discussing the details of the game.

But towards the end you'll learn how the day-to-day play of the game could be like. I thought that was really cool.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Depends, they haven't said terminator disables trophy effects.
I asked this question specifically. Basically there will be campaigns that are fresh and no advantage is given except by a player's skill progression. There will be campaigns that allow you to bring a whole fucking army of specced out people in too. So new guy can join a campaign and be on equal footing for the most part. But PRX can man up, gear up and go toe to toe with any number of guilds in a fresh campaign with the full backing of an uber EK behind them.

They are developing the game from the ground up to make the campaigns an iterative process. You're literally going to see live game development with campaign tweaks.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Raw interview video will be up in 30 minutes. I'm going to see if I can tweak an intro in there with the youtube editor. I don't have any video editing software anymore.

You also get to see my wife bring me some donuts.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Depends, they haven't said terminator disables trophy effects.
I guess I dont see a real point to it being a "start naked" setting if you not only bring some of the rewards you reaped in the months before, but they cant even be destroyed or taken away. But my understanding was that the rewards/relics dont actually give passive effects in any campaign. The way I read it so far is that they provide their advantages only within the EK, in the form of better craft workshops or special recipes, and you can profit from them in campaigns where you can bring that special relic-crafted sword along, but if you lose it there it's gone until you make a new one with the relic recipe/forge/gimmick.

Vitality

HUSTLE
It says on the FAQ that the trophies provide passive advantages to the holder that carries over to other campaigns.

Straight from the FAQ:

Meaningful Trophies (like a Super Bowl ring, or the Stanley Cup) are much cooler. And remember, many of these trophies provide in-game benefit: they can be used to make your Kingdom stronger,or make your team more viable in other Campaigns.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
They won't answer yet. But I did get out of them that they want to be able to make rivalries and make sure you can get revenge. Todd said that is a big part of what he wants to make. Todd specifically has no problem with them, but it appears that there are some people internally that are against them for whatever reason.

Vitality

HUSTLE
If people internally are against them, then they should just have a toggle option for nameplates like any normal game would.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the easiest way to limit campaign length is to create a finite amount of resources in the world (perhaps with a way to salvage supplies from items/structures), and make food actually matter for surviving. Eventually everything runs run, the world becomes too hostile - and it dies. Whoever is left standing (or is the closest to the win condition) at that point, wins.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What is it about MMO's that make people so scared to see who killed them? Every other kind of game that has PVP you see the name of the person who kicks your ass. For some reason MMO players are treated like fragile children.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
It says on the FAQ that the trophies provide passive advantages to the holder that carries over to other campaigns.

Straight from the FAQ:

Meaningful Trophies (like a Super Bowl ring, or the Stanley Cup) are much cooler. And remember, many of these trophies provide in-game benefit: they can be used to make your Kingdom stronger,or make your team more viable in other Campaigns.
Except if you keep reading, it basically says the trophies are just relics and supplies used to build items that you can take into other campaigns.

"Campaign Trophies include relics, artifacts, materials and rare resources ? the things that are required to build structures, craft equipment, and fuel the economy in your Kingdom."

What is it about MMO's that make people so scared to see who killed them? Every other kind of game that has PVP you see the name of the person who kicks your ass. For some reason MMO players are treated like fragile children.
Too many PvEers that want PvP to feel like PvE.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the easiest way to limit campaign length is to create a finite amount of resources in the world (perhaps with a way to salvage supplies from items/structures), and make food actually matter for surviving. Eventually everything runs run, the world becomes too hostile - and it dies. Whoever is left standing (or is the closest to the win condition) at that point, wins.
This is where Vitality spends spring and summer digging a huge hole in the ground, hoarding all his shit and just sitting inside his hole and having a pint until the whole thing blows over and he emerges the victor.

Vitality

HUSTLE
This is where Vitality spends spring and summer digging a huge hole in the ground, hoarding all his shit and just sitting inside his hole and having a pint until the whole thing blows over and he emerges the victor.
God you know me so well.