Crowfall

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Beta talk no biggie. You'll be able to buy in and you know you will
I know I will.. the hype train game is better than any current MMO out. I hate to say it but I had more fun at one time on the Pantheon discussions than I have in some MMO's. Not paying for a sub and throwing my money at Kickstarters and then complaining and/or reading all the drama is my MMO.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Group 3 here.

This game needs friendly fire. If I see any kind of zerg stacking nonsense I'm bailing out faster than you can blink.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
FF is annoying and penalizes AE classes which are the heart of zerg-busting group specs. If you had FF zergs would just stack single target DPS classes. What you really need is large AE abilities with CC and no hit caps.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm sure the FFA server will have Friendly Fire for the most part just by nature of the ruleset.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm not on board enough to buy alpha yet, maybe if their kickstarter is awesome and/or they promise a three-headed hellhound minipet and a golden nametag for buying the alpha package I might change my mind.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
FF is annoying and penalizes AE classes which are the heart of zerg-busting group specs. If you had FF zergs would just stack single target DPS classes. What you really need is large AE abilities with CC and no hit caps.
Did you play AC1 or AC2? Did you play UO? What about the Planetside 1 & 2?

Friendly fire is fine. It doesn't penalize AE classes because there won't be any AE 'classes' - there will be AE 'skills' which will be situational, positional, and tactical. It's a much better experience.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Did you play AC1 or AC2? Did you play UO? What about the Planetside 1 & 2?

Friendly fire is fine. It doesn't penalize AE classes because there won't be any AE 'classes' - there will be AE 'skills' which will be situational, positional, and tactical. It's a much better experience.
There are some downsides like getting grief locked with a thumper or maelstrom because 19 guys decide to run into your plasma nade spam around a corner.

Even though plasma nade noobs were ridiculed, we all still threw them lol.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would be great if they did that and removed any UI indicator. I love the skill in being able to use twitch to determine accurate trajectories from short range grenade launchers in games like TF and Battlefield, and the spotter/operator pairs we'd have in GW2 when using trebuchets were awesome.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
from what I understand you'll have the option to see/not see your own UI indicators and telegraphs but you will not be able to see other peoples. Decent compromise. I'd rather have no telegraphs across the board. Don't know the range/arc of that siege engine or ranged attack? Better walk it onto the target until you do.

MK19 Grenade Launcher shoot. - YouTube

If that then requires forward observers to direct siege engine operators to targets of strategic significance, even better. Send in those mole/badger/squirrel people.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Planetside had the Flail + Laze pointer thing where it put a UI Target on someones screen. I liked that function a lot.

I was so ahead of the curve I named my character Laze before they even released the Laze.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Have they said at all what the beta groups means? My expectation is that beta would be a dirty word at this point and they won't want to associate beta with crowfall for another two years.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Have they said at all what the beta groups means? My expectation is that beta would be a dirty word at this point and they won't want to associate beta with crowfall for another two years.
Not that I've seen other than its been stated several times the end of the countdown does not indicate the start of beta. The groups, group composition, guild invites to test etc have not been spoken of yet to my knowledge. From a combination of what has been stated and what we can safely assume I'd wager that the end of the countdown will be a large scale reveal of whats going on, an official crowd funding campaign announcement, and the ability to buy intoalpha, archetype stretch goals etc.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I wish these forums worked like Crowfalls. Really cool with the trackers and notifications and news feed UI and all that.

I remember ESO's forums, god damn those sucked donkey D.