Crowfall

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can't remember if I mentioned this here but they sent me (and I assume a lot of other heavy-hitting PvP guilds) general questions about PvP. I think they'll be covering that and likely Crowfall news that you'd already know if you follow it.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't remember if I mentioned this here but they sent me (and I assume a lot of other heavy-hitting PvP guilds) general questions about PvP. I think they'll be covering that and likely Crowfall news that you'd already know if you follow it.
im so so so sorry I didnt read the crowfall forums in time to get Osium to answer his PM about it. Im sure the results would have been entertaining.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I think you're a step up from Lords of the Dead Tuco. Don't insult yourself like that. I'm impressed they've managed to stick around this long though.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Should have said Sinister, to really get under his skin
biggrin.png

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Well i was right predicting how scavenging will work. Still waiting on more details for victory conditions for dregs.

Also still waiting on more details on warmth. not sure if its a resource that encompasses food consumption along with hunger (the undead legions) defense, or if its something else. only thing we really have to go on was a comment that centaurs would require more food to keep warm, and that warmth is a stat on your character sheet.

I'm hoping its a resource generated from defense structures (forts/castles etc) and that its used as a balancing factor vs player zergs. It should be a dial they can adjust when they launch each campaign, so some campaigns allow larger guilds/clans to stick together and other campaigns will favor smaller groups.

So in campaign A a castle produces enough warmth to support 200 players. In spring and early summer it only requires controlling 3 mines to support this castle, and there are dozens of castles on the map controlled by rival groups each with control of their handful of mines. But as summer draws to an end and fall and winter approaches the number of mines you need to control to keep your castle standing (thus keep your 200 players warm) increases, forcing groups to fight over control of more and more poi/mines.

This prevents players from just forming megazergs basically everyone all on the same team.

Campaign B could be set to 1000 players for the mega guilds to duke it out while campaign C could be set to 50.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well i was right predicting how scavenging will work. Still waiting on more details for victory conditions for dregs.
I missed the podcast, how does it work?

This prevents players from just forming megazergs basically everyone all on the same team.
This would honestly be amazing if the dependencies and resource upkeep were that deep.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
idk about any podcast, i'm talking about the update a few days agohere, and a post I made last week:

Ek is your lobby and manufacturing/trade. From how its worded it sounds like materials gathered in campaigns can either be used to make things in that campaign or some/all can be scavenged ie banked and then the percentage of banked goods you can bring back to ek is determined by ruleset/win conditions.

I see Ek and export rules as like getting things back to a npc station in eve. Its "safe" and can be used to trade/build certain things when you get back to safe space but its not on the front lines and you can't build big things for use on the frontlines, ie capital ships or in this game, fortifications/siege equipment etc.

So what you gather in the campaign you'll need to use some of it to build defenses and equip yourself etc but the more you keep "on hand" ie not scavenged, the more you have at risk of losing if someone comes and kicks over your sandcastle.

I see the castles or towers or whatever you build in the actual campaign world as a POS, a base of operations where you can store things, yet which can be attacked and destroyed by other players who can then take your shit.

Atleast that is how i interpret what's been said so far.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Of course individual performance is going to be a factor. I never said it wasn't. Maybe I misread what you wrote, but it seemed like you thought only one person won and that was it.
You don't think there will be a first place person that will be an individual in the Free For All server?

Edit to add: Who are the pussies giving me negs because some keyboard warriors got offended that I didn't want to personally play in a specific rules set and wanted to play a different rules set instead? Your Moms calling, she says it's time to go upstairs for dinner.....

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
You don't think there will be a first place person that will be an individual in the Free For All server?
It might be for one of the rule sets for dregs. until they release victory conditions you have no way of knowing. Personally i'll be extremely disappointed if k/d ratio is the primary (or only) victory condition there. It works as an optional ruleset for ffa and leaderboards/rankings/killboards make for good alternative goals during play, but i'm hoping that "survive winter" is the primary victory condition for the base dreg's module. Other alternatives in addition to k/d ratio are things like hold all mines for x time period, build special supercastle and keep it for x time period, destroy all other player structures on map, etc.

I can see a special dregs campaign, very short duration where it's is a survival of the fittest, every man for himself with no guild tags allowed, no grouping, etc and the victory condition is best K/D ratio after say, 1-2 weeks. That's really the only type of campaign I could see where first place is an "individual". But that's more of a one-off type campaign and I hardly see that being the primary game type.

You've either played too many faction based PVP games or too few pvp games in general if you don't understand what FFA is. it isn't a giant melee king of the hill in the center of the map.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I just want to know how they are going to make collecting resources fun.
They wrote about mines, mills and stuff. Meaning you don't harvest resources yourself, you get them from the structures that generate them. The fun bit is protecting your Lumberyard from flipping ownership (in GvG worlds), or sneaking to a Mine to get whatever was in its carts (Dregs).

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
It might be for one of the rule sets for dregs. until they release victory conditions you have no way of knowing. Personally i'll be extremely disappointed if k/d ratio is the primary (or only) victory condition there. It works as an optional ruleset for ffa and leaderboards/rankings/killboards make for good alternative goals during play, but i'm hoping that "survive winter" is the primary victory condition for the base dreg's module. Other alternatives in addition to k/d ratio are things like hold all mines for x time period, build special supercastle and keep it for x time period, destroy all other player structures on map, etc.

I can see a special dregs campaign, very short duration where it's is a survival of the fittest, every man for himself with no guild tags allowed, no grouping, etc and the victory condition is best K/D ratio after say, 1-2 weeks. That's really the only type of campaign I could see where first place is an "individual". But that's more of a one-off type campaign and I hardly see that being the primary game type.

You've either played too many faction based PVP games or too few pvp games in general if you don't understand what FFA is. it isn't a giant melee king of the hill in the center of the map.
Oh, I don't think it will be a king of the hill. I think at the end of the campaign (and probably during it) they will have rankings and one person will be at the top of those rankings. I expect in the Guild vs Guild server you will have rankings and one Guild will be at the top of those rankings. All I've said is it's more attractive TO ME to be high in the guild rankings and not all that important to be at the top of the gankers anonymous rankings.

I don't think it will be straight KDR. They have eluded to some other things in some of the screen shots and talks.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
No offense, but if the PVP is designed to appeal to large scale warfare and big guilds like PRX, this game will lose me. I worry about a PVP game without a pre formulated stout design document built for fun regardless of 'team'.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No offense, but if the PVP is designed to appeal to large scale warfare and big guilds like PRX, this game will lose me. I worry about a PVP game without a pre formulated stout design document built for fun regardless of 'team'.
No offense taken.

Keep in mind, however, groups like PRX and LotD (and SiN!) want a game that has a lot of small-scale and meaningful PvP. This happens in ArcheAge where someone needs to generate wealth by moving their resource (packs) across an ocean. They grab a few people, hop on a boat and avoid/fight pirates and the other faction to bring their goods across the sea. Often the people looking to poach these packs only have ~5 people on a boat, so it's a good example of small and meaningful pvp. We might spend an evening doing small-pvp like this and at the end get 70 people together to go kill the Kraken or do Halcy (like we did last night), but much of the time we're in separated groups.

I think this is their goal in CF though I don't know if they'll accomplish it. I think they want there to be an Irondick Mine out there controlled, defended and managed by a group of 8 people who tangle with groups of similar size now and then. This kind of gameplay is ideal for groups like PRX who would strategize and control a maximum number of resource nodes with separated groups. I think this gameplay is also ideal for a small group of friends too. The casual who doesn't have friends? He needs to make them.

But believe me, if pvp in CF ends up being one huge force continuously fighting another huge force over castles/keeps and the resource nodes are generally neglected, I think CF will have missed the mark and need to revise their plan. They have a built in mechanism for doing so, but I think they'll find that one month is too long for this.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh and a quick note on resource nodes vs keeps, in GW2 and ESO, the resource nodes were outlying defensive mechanism for the keeps, and the keeps were the strategically important targets. I think this is totally backward. Not only does a map full of huge keeps makes no sense, but the keeps themselves should confer no monetary benefit. I don't know if they plan on having campaigns that are devoid of human structures at the start ( I could see long campaigns (2+ weeks) having a blank slate and short campaigns (<2 weeks) having existing structures). But the keeps/towers should only matter in their ability to help extract/process/protect resources.

This means that keeps would only give the ability to rally/retreat to a safe spot, give a place to store(if not process) resources and possibly give some defensive help to the resource nodes (npc guards, siege weapon coverage, scouting ability etc). But if GuildX controls a keep, and other people control the resource nodes around a keep, then GuildX is wasting their time. This also adds another dimension to siege gameplay where you can 'starve out' an enemy group of players by simply raiding their lands.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I don't know if they plan on having campaigns that are devoid of human structures at the start ( I could see long campaigns (2+ weeks) having a blank slate and short campaigns (<2 weeks) having existing structures). But the keeps/towers should only matter in their ability to help extract/process/protect resources.
From what we've seen on their videos and description of seasons, I think we can expect harvesting structures to be in place, but the rest is in ruins. You repair these, or build from scratch in a better location (but that requires a lot more resources, which you won't be able to vault).

The resources are the spoils (if I understood right, that's the only thing you can export), but victory is obtained via different ways, some of which might involve directly those structures.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
The important thing artcraft has to do is make it so people want to win, so I can enjoy denying them their victories. I personally still don't care about EK or taking loot home to it.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I've been a work-a-holic for the past week or so, so can someone summarize any new updates and/or developments for me please?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Did you read about the bank/escrow accounts? There will be areas that you deposit your loot in the campaigns. You will end up with a % after the campaign ends.
Creates additional conflict points and the dichotomy of investing in the campaign vs. Future.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I've been a work-a-holic for the past week or so, so can someone summarize any new updates and/or developments for me please?
Export mechanics:
- Have to hike to a central location (summoning portal) and place items for export into an account bank
- Based on % export for the campaign your items are RANDOMLY chosen at that %rate after campaign completion

Engine:
- Unity5 (newest version) Art dev says major improvement, remains to be seen. Posts a Guineapig Centaur on twitter.
Videos:
- Centaur Animation snippet
- Knight Poster making (no one cares)
- G&G Podcast ep 4&5 (mostly talking about stuff they haven't researched or read up on, Episode should be called: "This would be cool if, oh wait they already are")

Kickstarter:
- Forum avatar/sig/banner graphics dropped in an update (no one cares)
- Almost at 1mill (970k ish)
- Talks about more videos this week (already got 2)

Forums:
- Dev personal AMA (no one cares)
- Bard class hype (dev posts on it dodging confirmation but building hype for the class type) cites Aion's Chanter as one of the best bard types.
- Dev hits on topic about seige mechanics and property protection being a focus for them currently in regards to player owned structures. Speculation abound about banes and property invulnerability as a resulting primary protection model.
- Tuco compares PRX to LoTD - screen shotted for future lols
- Conversation on RR sparks about PVP victory conditions (which we have near no info on) and how guilds will abuse certain situations. Devs stated in interview they encourage guild manipulation as part of the political aspect of the game also states funny business won't last longer than a campaign in most cases. Imbalances = Fun, Uncle bob = not fun. etc etc.

Edit: Draegan's interview approaches 2k views - beats latest EQN dev workshop - remains on first page of CF reddit and top search for recent uploads on youtube for CF.