Crowfall

Vitality

HUSTLE
Hook a brother up and follow us on twitter so it looks like we're a thing:Crowns and Crows (@crownsandcrows) | Twitter
Watched the podcast, it was good mostly, had to skip some spots. Namely most of Lakez incomplete thoughts and Valors tangents. Bionic arms? Lol

No offense. The content was good when it stayed on topic. I felt like some of the topics could have been discussed into further detail but not in an hours time. I wanted to hear more about large scale pvp and the effects of this weeks information drops have on it and less about why the game is going to be good.

I respect LoTD for large scale pvp stuff and not much else. I'm biased though.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Maybe next show i'll ask some PvP questions. Still curious to see how they plan on making it truly meaningful. PvP can be deceptive in terms of gameplay. WAR and ESO all touted meaningful PvP but ultimately it wasn't. WAR was very disheartening as they had a good thing and ignored the core problems to the PvP. I'm hoping Crowfall does not fall to the same fate. PvP ideas can sound good on paper but some how doesn't translate perfectly into the live game.

I've like what i've read so far but i'm curious just how much PvP will impact the gameplay in terms of the individual, their clan, EK, or the entire gaming world.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Watched the podcast, it was good mostly, had to skip some spots. Namely most of Lakez incomplete thoughts and Valors tangents. Bionic arms? Lol

No offense. The content was good when it stayed on topic. I felt like some of the topics could have been discussed into further detail but not in an hours time. I wanted to hear more about large scale pvp and the effects of this weeks information drops have on it and less about why the game is going to be good.

It's hard to go into detail, as you know. Here's the challenge of being the host of the show. People tend to put their own bias and hopes and dreams into the features of the game that are being described. We don't have the game in front of us so it's very easy to get excited ab out shit that doesn't exist. My job as the host is to reign people in and stop them from going into tangents. Next week will be better as they get used to how I direct the conversation. I also think Lakez was a little nervous at the beginning and didn't really understand the nuance of my questions at first and fell back on to describing the same thing over and over like when each one of us described the behavior typical of Kickstarters.

There is no way to predict large scale pvp with relics and artifacts because the only information we have is that they effect harvesting and stuff. Not only that, we have the mount stuff and it's all about killing mounts and carrying them. I don't know if that can carry a whole discussion without getting boring.

I agree with the bionic arm stuff. It's fanboy wankery when we just want to hear about the game. We're all guilty of it though from time to time.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Maybe next show i'll ask some PvP questions. Still curious to see how they plan on making it truly meaningful. PvP can be deceptive in terms of gameplay. WAR and ESO all touted meaningful PvP but ultimately it wasn't. WAR was very disheartening as they had a good thing and ignored the core problems to the PvP. I'm hoping Crowfall does not fall to the same fate. PvP ideas can sound good on paper but some how doesn't translate perfectly into the live game.

I've like what i've read so far but i'm curious just how much PvP will impact the gameplay in terms of the individual, their clan, EK, or the entire gaming world.
We have no idea. We can only speculate.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco's Guide to Meaningful PvP:
1. Put stuff in the game world people want.
2. Enable the ability to fight over control over that stuff.
3. Build your PvP system such that when you lose a fight, you don't have the ability to just respawn and be fighting the same opponent against within a minute.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
botbbane800x6002.gif

in case imageshack reminds us why imgur exists, that's a picture of a bane from shadowbane. For those who didn't play SB, that is an expensive item that allows an attacking force to remove the property protection on a city.

You want to have your permanent homes somewhere safe where you can put your little dolls in and jerk each other off? fine. Do it in the EK. But let me have meaningful territory we can conquer, control, defend, lose and reconquer.

The idea is simple, you have territory with different tiers:
1. Irondick Mine: No protection. Low investment, easy to control, easy to conquer. Valuable to players because it generates wealth.
2. Strongshaft Tower: Medium protection, moderately priced banes can bring down the protection a few hours after being placed. Has NPC guards. Valuable to players because it offers some kind of scouting feature and guard patrols.
3. Chode Keep: High protection. Expensive banes can bring down the protection at a time of the defenders chosing (or primetime NA, idc). Valuable to players because it offers scouting features, guard patrols, respawn locations and is centrally located in or near a town. Maybe it grants taxing rights to that town.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Request denied. No offense to people on the hopium train but I'd rather be on podcasts once I've played alpha.

Valor_sl

shitlord

haha, I was not intending on bringing up that Bionic idea, but while during the cast I'm unable to see Draegan's stream and when Lake finished his topic and we were supposed to be moving on, nothing happened. After watching again, Draegan simply had his mic muted.

I just threw out a few minutes of conversation that gave him time to fix his set up. I didn't know if he'd dropped or had a seizure or what!
wink.png

Either way, I agree with yo uabout staying on topic and anytime you put a new team together for a cast like this, it just takes a little time to work out some kinks.

Valor_sl

shitlord
To Tuco's suggestions. I've spent about an hours worth of time inside Artcraft's studio discussing almost exclusively the importance of a persistent meaningful legacy for communities to rally around. Whether it was allowing EK's to war each other, or allowing loss of ownership of EK's.

What they responded with was this:

The EK's are the salad bar at the steakhouse. They are not going to be anything more than a place to regroup and prep for future campaigns. They will also be a trophy case.

The plan is to have some sort of comprehensive ladder system that allows players/guilds to enter "Tournament Campaigns" where the top tiers will be able to compete for the championship trophies. This has not been explained further as they have simply not started working on it yet. What I can explain is that they want whatever their ladder system is, to revolve around what is happening in the campaigns, not the other way around.

I expect a very long alpha period where they simply test out what is working and what isn't and tweak it until it's as good as it could be. They've mentioned on many occasions that they intend to milk the "hivemind" of the community for as much as they can in order to build a durable game.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I dropped $35 on this game earlier but I still haven't read a lot about it. Will you be able to raid/Take over peoples Eternal Kingdoms or is it just fluff?

Also, What is the purpose of Eternal Kingdoms? Is it just a vanity hub?

I want to be able raid peopls towns like I did in Shadowbane

Vitality

HUSTLE
I dropped $35 on this game earlier but I still haven't read a lot about it. Will you be able to raid/Take over peoples Eternal Kingdoms or is it just fluff?

Also, What is the purpose of Eternal Kingdoms? Is it just a vanity hub?

I want to be able raid peopls towns like I did in Shadowbane
EK is like a personal minecraft server you have full control over. They're talking about letting people challenge each others EK. But other than that it's just a personal housing instance with very minor resource harvesting etc.

Raiding peoples shit ala shadowbane will happen inside the campaigns. How much EK's impact campaign performance is still up in the air. Gaining blessings from guild stored EK Artifacts and personally stored EK Relics is still a bit of a grey area. As is import rules for bringing items from your EK into the start of a campaign.

From what I can tell... the single major impact an EK has right now is that you need to bring in (or purchase from players) building materials from the various campaigns in order to make a building that stores a particular relic that then in turn boosts your character(s) by a small amount.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yeah, the campaigns are the game. Not EK. You wreck people's shit in the campaign, then it resets, and you do it again.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Things I would love to hear about.

Are the resources going to have a object in the world. (Think packs in Archeage) If so how long will they last in the real world.

Will a hole or collapsed portion of a wall be able to be restored as a resource. (Maybe with a % amount lost)

Will tradeskillers be able to make things in the world like bridges.

If I slaughter a pack mule of an enemy and kill him and take his shit, can I butcher the mule for meat in winter? If I am a were can I use the enemy corpse as a snack? (Blecchh)

Will it be full item loot on a corpse, or random/partial.

Since there will be the degradation of a world, it's npc's and materials becoming more scarce/corrupted will you think there will be a point of F this, this is not fun anymore and an abandonment of the world. Is there a way to kick off the eating of the world so the winning people are not stuck in an unfun campaign for months waiting to win.