Crowfall

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ut you have your 20 years of evidence, that we will likely never see.

I have a year of ACE putting up many videos, some with amazing truthful anecdotes of how and why some of those things failed. Other videos of why this time it could be different, a smattering of videos of them having fun and giving each other shit including the big boss and his pie in the sky damn near unworkable ideas. And of course with the fact of the videos and playing the game in an alpha state as raw as it was with explanations of WHY it was so raw and 2-3 different ideas of how they can and will fix it then actually having them change the entire control scheme, with explinations of what and how this will help things..

Maybe, just maybe you might be wrong this time. I know, Ut it is scary having a tiny bit of hope again, I too have been burned badly, oh so badly! The video games of the past have touched me in the naughty place too many times. But without hope what is the purpose in life?

Let some soothing water of hope into that dry crusty vagina of gaming love you hold so close. Maybe you can find love again in a kickstarter and easy $14.99 a month payments.

/grouphug!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
With that said, the people bringing you Crowfall!

BILL DALTON | VP OF PRODUCTION
Since earning a PhD in Astrophysics in the mid 90s, Bill has worked primarily in MMO development. Bill had the good fortune to work on some of the industry's earliest MMO products at Kesmai (Air Warrior franchise), Origin Systems (Ultima Online), SOE (Star Wars Galaxies) and more recently Bill has led technical development at BioWare (Star Wars: The Old Republic) and ZeniMax Online Studios (The Elder Scrolls Online).
^^ Boy howdy. He's your VP of Production folks. Quite the list of fantastic MMORPG's there!

THOMAS BLAIR | DESIGN LEAD
Former Marine sergeant, Thomas "Blixtev" Blair has been designing and building online worlds for over 14 years. In that time, he shipped two expansions as a designer on EverQuest (Planes of Power and Legacy of Ykesha). He transitioned to the Star Wars Galaxies team during the implementation of Jump to Lightspeed and remained through two more expansions, eventually becoming lead designer. Post Galaxies, he led the DC Universe Online team as lead systems designer while building the initial launch game. Blair is a very "technical" designer, getting his hands dirty in the underlying systems that make MMOs work. He's listed as the inventor on two patents for work on Star Wars Galaxies, specifically the Beastmaster system and the Entertainer "Build-a-Buff" system.
I am sure glad he got his hands dirty to make Star Wars Galaxies work.... Wait what?

TULLY ACKLAND | GAME DESIGNER
Raised in the UK, Tully is a fish out of water in Austin, Texas and has still not come to terms with the size of food portions. He has spent his entire adult life in the games industry, working on Warhammer Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3.
Another great representation of MMORPG's.

He has been VP of Online at Origin Systems, managing Ultima Online, VP and executive producer at Maxis, managing the Sims Online and VP and executive producer at Sony Online Entertainment for Star Wars Galaxies. Walton then went on to become the co-studio GM at BioWare Austin for Star Wars: The Old Republic and was most recently the VP and executive producer at Disney Playdom. Walton has personally developed more than 35 games and overseen the development of more than 200 games.
My favorite scam artist.

As the co-creator and creative lead of Shadowbane, Wizard101 and Pirate101, Coleman has built a reputation for pushing the boundaries of MMO design. His games have received numerous awards (including Game of the Year, Audience Choice and Family Game of the Decade) and he was personally recognized by Gamasutra as one of the top 50 developers in the industry and by Massive Gamer magazine as the #1 Most Influential Game Developer in the World.
Pushing the boundaries. He pushed those boundaries right out of the game being able to load properly.

So let's take a gander. Star Wars Galaxies. Star Wars Galaxies. More Star Wars Galaxies. Star Wars The Old Republic. Warhammer.

All of these games were terrible. And these are the remnants of the Good Ol' Boys club. The rejects from SOE-Austin.

Nothing notable has ever been released and credited with these people involved, and they have tanked project after project.

You would have better luck funding yourself taking a shit in a box and selling it on Ebay.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ut you have your 20 years of evidence, that we will likely never see.

I have a year of ACE putting up many videos, some with amazing truthful anecdotes of how and why some of those things failed. Other videos of why this time it could be different, a smattering of videos of them having fun and giving each other shit including the big boss and his pie in the sky damn near unworkable ideas. And of course with the fact of the videos and playing the game in an alpha state as raw as it was with explanations of WHY it was so raw and 2-3 different ideas of how they can and will fix it then actually having them change the entire control scheme, with explinations of what and how this will help things..

Maybe, just maybe you might be wrong this time. I know, Ut it is scary having a tiny bit of hope again, I too have been burned badly, oh so badly! The video games of the past have touched me in the naughty place too many times. But without hope what is the purpose in life?

Let some soothing water of hope into that dry crusty vagina of gaming love you hold so close. Maybe you can find love again in a kickstarter and easy $14.99 a month payments.

/grouphug!
I am not wrong. Sorry. Course I was told I would be wrong with SWTOR, Vanguard, and TESO. With that said, it isn't hard to predict epic failure when you see the same people behind each fucking failure.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Each one of those games had some things I loved. Some things I also hated. (I have not tried every game that all of them have been a part of but have bought most of them over the last 15 years.) I didn't feel ripped off from any of them. I went in with hope but also with my eyes wide open. Same with Crowfall. I love the idea behind it. I adore the way they are showing us how they are making the game. I truly enjoy the sense of humor and how they poke fun at themselves and the bosses and have grouped and been in the alpha tests with many of them.

To me this is already notable, sure none of that may mean dick to you, but I give you one this you are always very consistent.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So let's take a gander. Star Wars Galaxies. Star Wars Galaxies. More Star Wars Galaxies. Star Wars The Old Republic. Warhammer.

All of these games were terrible.
SWG was pretty decent before CU, both its crafting and economy were quite innotative for the time. There was decent PvP going on every night, around NPC cities, player cities or mobs. Of course it had a lot of bugs and bad ideas, but I wouldn't call it terrible. Did you play it ?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
SWG was pretty decent before CU, both its crafting and economy were quite innotative for the time. There was decent PvP going on every night, around NPC cities, player cities or mobs. Of course it had a lot of bugs and bad ideas, but I wouldn't call it terrible. Did you play it ?
Yes. It had zero PvE Content. PvP was meaningless as they never had the GCW mean anything with no rewards or reasons to battle. Factories would eat high end mats continually. In Beta 2 our mission was to load the game and stand in a spot hoping the server didn't crash for 1 minute because they scrapped and redesigned the game in 16 months. Some idiot developer had the great idea of the militia for player cities, but then forgot maybe it isn't such a good idea that players would be able to build their cities on POI's across the planet, thereby being able to lock out content from anyone outside of that city. (Hilarious at the time, but I think you get the point of the short sighted morons behind the game now) PvE content consisted of completely broken buff systems which rendered a player invulnerable. It was a broken ass mess of shit. They are now in charge of this game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Each one of those games had some things I loved. Some things I also hated. (I have not tried every game that all of them have been a part of but have bought most of them over the last 15 years.) I didn't feel ripped off from any of them. I went in with hope but also with my eyes wide open. Same with Crowfall. I love the idea behind it. I adore the way they are showing us how they are making the game. I truly enjoy the sense of humor and how they poke fun at themselves and the bosses and have grouped and been in the alpha tests with many of them.

To me this is already notable, sure none of that may mean dick to you, but I give you one this you are always very consistent.
They should make fun of themselves. Those videos will be 50 times more entertaining when they are looking for new jobs in the next 2 years than the game ever will.

Word of note: I am not the consistent one. I am the effect of the consistent failures made by the same consistent people with the same consistent morons defending them. Rinse and repeat for the last 15 years.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am not wrong. Sorry. Course I was told I would be wrong with SWTOR, Vanguard, and TESO. With that said, it isn't hard to predict epic failure when you see the same people behind each fucking failure.
It is not a epic failure if they are constantly failing, just a regular failure I would think. I got my moneys worth out of SWTOR and TESO, I never tried Vanguard since I was playing either Dark age or umm.. what was that superhero one that closed down a couple years ago from NCsoft when it came out. But I heard Vanguard had one of the best class designs ever. The Blood Mage. It also had really good 5 man content I think.

Some really great games only get played for a month. Even in the MMO world. Hell some of the best content I ever played was Huttball.

Have you gone through the videos of Crowfall? Can you honestly tell me that it does not impress you how much more open they are than every other studio? Set aside the anger and mistrust for a bit and look at it with an objective eye.

I worry about you sometimes Ut, the sheer hate and vitriol that you spew can't be healthy, even if you have been right much of the time, the way you come off is damaging to every argument you make. You are like the Trump of Rerolled.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It is not a epic failure if they are constantly failing, just a regular failure I would think. I got my moneys worth out of SWTOR and TESO, I never tried Vanguard since I was playing either Dark age or umm.. what was that superhero one that closed down a couple years ago from NCsoft when it came out. But I heard Vanguard had one of the best class designs ever. The Blood Mage. It also had really good 5 man content I think.

Some really great games only get played for a month. Even in the MMO world. Hell some of the best content I ever played was Huttball.

Have you gone through the videos of Crowfall? Can you honestly tell me that it does not impress you how much more open they are than every other studio? Set aside the anger and mistrust for a bit and look at it with an objective eye.

I worry about you sometimes Ut, the sheer hate and vitriol that you spew can't be healthy, even if you have been right much of the time, the way you come off is damaging to every argument you make. You are like the Trump of Rerolled.
I have gone through the videos. I see a shit sandwich. Which is to be expected because it is pre-alpha. Know what I also see? Some idiot here telling a poster that they won't have such an issue with combat ability responsiveness once they learn their class and hop into a voice chat channel. I see the same morons scamming a donation/early access/player fund the game system while on their island of misfits which were air dropped from Austin Texas directly after they were all shit canned from SOE and Bioware-Austin. I see moronic posters come to the defense of early game development bullshit, using word wrapped innuendos of scap, painting a picture of something it isn't, with common sense deflections already happening in this very thread.

The game is a fucking fraud. These people are a fraud. And if I were you, I would look to someone developing an MMORPG outside your circle of trust with the has-been's and never were, because you actually may find yourself playing a game for more than your admitted month and a box sale.

Think

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
They should make fun of themselves. Those videos will be 50 times more entertaining when they are looking for new jobs in the next 2 years than the game ever will.

Word of note: I am not the consistent one. I am the effect of the consistent failures made by the same consistent people with the same consistent morons defending them. Rinse and repeat for the last 15 years.
And they will get jobs in two years because they ship things. And they have contacts in the game industry. They will have contributed to the overall industry, they might be minor or be as hated as Derek Smart, but the lowliest of them will have been a part of the industry.

Is that why you are always so damn butthurt? Where is your vaporware again?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And they will get jobs in two years because they ship things. And they have contacts in the game industry. They will have contributed to the overall industry, they might be minor or be as hated as Derek Smart, but the lowliest of them will have been a part of the industry.
Are you a liberal? Also, do you work for this company?

The only thing they contributed to was the sinking of a fucking genre.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes. It had zero PvE Content. PvP was meaningless as they never had the GCW mean anything with no rewards or reasons to battle. Factories would eat high end mats continually. In Beta 2 our mission was to load the game and stand in a spot hoping the server didn't crash for 1 minute because they scrapped and redesigned the game in 16 months. Some idiot developer had the great idea of the militia for player cities, but then forgot maybe it isn't such a good idea that players would be able to build their cities on POI's across the planet, thereby being able to lock out content from anyone outside of that city. (Hilarious at the time, but I think you get the point of the short sighted morons behind the game now) PvE content consisted of completely broken buff systems which rendered a player invulnerable. It was a broken ass mess of shit. They are now in charge of this game.
It had Corellian Corvette, Mandalorian Forge and other PvE instances IIRC, also there were a lot of spots you could camp / farm named NPCs like Acklay Cave, that underground dungeon on Dantooine, the Krayt zone and the Nightsister caves in Dathomir. Not sure why you're saying it had zero PvE content. Also since all those mobs dropped rare materials it was a fun gig for outdoor PvP encounters.

About GCW, there was the whole Jedi hunt which was quite fun, GvG wise. Of course the Bounty Hunters droids were broken for a year after release but it was kinda cool to hunt down the first Jedi since a Jedi death implied losing the character (they nerfed that afterwards, you'd only lose XP). I really don't get why you're saying its PvP had no reason to battle, losing your character / XP it all but meaningless in my opinion.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are you a liberal? Also, do you work for this company?

The only thing they contributed to was the sinking of a fucking genre.
Nope to either. The genre is not sunk. We still have Wow going strong. <Ducks and runs>

I don't support every game, I do support most PC games though with at least a box purchase for the MMO's. This is the first kickstarter I have been a part of and I am happy so far with my money spent. I am enjoying the launch of Blade and Soul but wish it had a bit more to it, I am looking forward to Black Desert even though I know it will not hold me for but a month or 3.

Games are part of the entertainment world now. Every show will not be a breaking bad or Game of Thrones, sometimes we get a Xena Warrior princess.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It had Corellian Corvette, Mandalorian Forge and other PvE instances IIRC, also there were a lot of spots you could camp / farm named NPCs like Acklay Cave, that underground dungeon on Dantooine, the Krayt zone and the Nightsister caves in Dathomir. Not sure why you're saying it had zero PvE content. Also since all those mobs dropped rare materials it was a fun gig for outdoor PvP encounters.

About GCW, there was the whole Jedi hunt which was quite fun, GvG wise. Of course the Bounty Hunters droids were broken for a year after release but it was kinda cool to hunt down the first Jedi since a Jedi death implied losing the character (they nerfed that afterwards, you'd only lose XP). I really don't get why you're saying its PvP had no reason to battle, losing your character / XP it all but meaningless in my opinion.
Yeah I remember all those. It was too little too late for a lot of that content, which came later. About the only thing to do was run through the Imperial Theme Park missions at launch.

Meaningful PvP in SWG could have been a million times better and also used systems in place to play to it's strengths. And believe it or not, they were on the table, but shot down because it would require this thing called effort.

* GCW impacted areas with rare resources on a 1 week timer. Winning side gains access to plant harvesters here. Those materials used to create rare and powerful weapons/unique armors/unique housing furniture, you name it. Schematics drop off dungeon area mobs within the lock out zone after a faction victor was declared.

* The ranking system reward program could have been used to increase the viability of a war in the first place using pet systems. For instance as an imperial Colonel, you could spawn an AT-AT (Timed carnage prechosen path) as a pet to reach objectives to win the week (See above) while a rebel Colonel would spawn a T-47 to counter. The same goes for a lot of offense and defense counter-measures alike within the ranking system - again, to win the faction war for a set period of time. A carrot for ranking obviously would be able to use increasingly powerful pets/vehicles.

Those two alone would have brought about some much needed depth to the game. Something that would have played to the strengths of achievement gamers and those who wanted to craft/live in the world. It would have opened up the market to rare cyclled resources (Changing every week) with a new set of rare items/furniture able to be created and sold. The options here were pretty much endless. instead? Even with the later added PvE content, it didn't matter because all I had to do was head over to Goontown and grab my buffs and be invincible for 4 hours.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Nope to either. The genre is not sunk. We still have Wow going strong.
Without WoW, the genre would have been dead. And the folks that made WoW, came from here. They weren't relic shit designers like these people continually are time and time again. What does that tell you? It's time to start blaming the source. (Long overdue)

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Games are part of the entertainment world now. Every show will not be a breaking bad or Game of Thrones, sometimes we geta Xena Warrior princess.
WTF IS WRONG WITH XENA!!!

I was agreeing with you until this massive faux pas. With that said, it is more fun to support some bad games you may be interested in than just writing them off. While most of these games have massive flaws, there is short term fun to be had. I don't think games will scratch the itch perfectly until SAO is made and Ut somehow finds a bunch of failed designers he can butcher at whim.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
WTF IS WRONG WITH XENA!!!

I was agreeing with you until this massive faux pas. With that said, it is more fun to support some bad games you may be interested in than just writing them off. While most of these games have massive flaws, there is short term fun to be had. I don't think games will scratch the itch perfectly until SAO is made and Ut somehow finds a bunch of failed designers he can butcher at whim.
What's SAO?

You want to know the sad thing? They are *always* the same, exact, fucking, people. Every fucking time.

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
There are some newer devs for this project who do real work, and they're much better than some people (*cough, SOE*) about responding to feedback.

In 2005 this entire process would be under total wraps, tight NDA. But it's completely open which is a risk but imo a good one. Honestly the level of community involvement should be enough to satisfy even the most jaded FoHer...guess not though.