Crowfall

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Tonight they ran the biggest match yet. (75 people)

Although it was laggy (most had 10-20 fps in thick of it) ... it was very entertaining and showed the potential of what may be to come.

I have been testing the Knight almost exclusively (Played the other classes a few min each)..I can tell you it's a challenge.

If anyone is one the fence, but enjoys alpha testing...I know they are letting in Alpha 3 people now. (so not as expensive as it was before to get in)

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
New siege equipment coming within the next 30 days or so..

Crowfall - Throne War MMO | Key Elements of Sieging

also from that link:

In our most recent Siege Perilous test we had 77 people launch into a single map, which is our new record for concurrent players for most players in a single Crowfall zone! Remember, server numbers tend to climb in fits and starts, and we have a ton of optimization to do. The process is simple: every time we hit a new record it shows us where key bottlenecks are, and we clear them up for the next playtest. The engineers are confident that we are ready to hit triple digits in a single siege. It's right around the corner.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
last night's test was fun. Had 90+ players split on two factions beating the crap out of each other.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
The controls are a lot better. They still have * a lot* of work though.

Combat feels really spammy to met right now. I'd almost rather they give some 'overpowered' abilities with long cooldowns than just feel like I'm cycling through all my hotkeys.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Flex, they are working on it. Still a long way to go and it won't have the combat nor graphics of a Black Desert, but it might have pretty good castle sieges and smashface.

Worth trying the alpha playing a few times for giggles if you care about game dev stuff or to see how things work, but unless you have a direct line to the devs or can armchair dev like a beast, while playing 100 games of an alpha iteration it will get boring.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'll chime in here and agree, this game is going to crash and burn if they don't revamp their clunky and terrible combat system. It's completely awful. Spammy, non-responsive, you name it. I don't care how cool/amazing/innovative the scope of the game is; if you can't get the combat to feel good, then the game isn't worth playing.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
We are going to take as long as it takes, but instead of shooting for a singlelaunch date(and delaying that day until we complete ALL planned features and content), we are aiming for asoft launchto get you in, andplaying, as quickly as possible.
These crowdfunded, "early access", perpetual beta tests they call games these days makes me wistful for the era of "evil" publishers and feature-complete releases.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Early access and soft launches backfire because players end up with half a game. The unpolished look and feel turns players off. When they leave, they are unlikely to return.