Crowfall

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
The name branding should also be easily transferable to ridicule in case your game fails to achieve it's desired sustainable playerbase: Crowfell, Crowfailed, CrowfallenandIcantgetup, etc.

Not saying it will, but at least it's got that built-in branding right off.

I think that's one of the reasons SWTOR never actually caved. TORtanic was a dumb-ass burn.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Wasnt the ball healing idea kind of a mess for monk in WoW? I legitimately don't know myself, but I had heard it kind of sucked.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the monk dropped the ball where he stood. This is at least targeted somewhat. It worked in Tera pretty well. I do at least hope they are in the world as objects and can be destroyed by enemy fire/physics. Might have to long into Test once the druid gets into the alpha.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I think the monk dropped the ball where he stood. This is at least targeted somewhat. It worked in Tera pretty well. I do at least hope they are in the world as objects and can be destroyed by enemy fire/physics. Might have to long into Test once the druid gets into the alpha.
I forgot Tera used the mechanic, it did work well there.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I forgot Tera used the mechanic, it did work well there.
It worked meh, DPS are a bunch of retards as usual. However in a recent TERA patch, they did a pass on healers and one of the changes is you can "throw" the balls, so you can throw them at the retards' feet and all they have to do is press F or whatever button pops up, so it's a lot easier.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
From official website:

'CROWFALL LIVE!' BROADCAST JUNE 27
Wednesday June 15th, 2016
Mark the date: June 27th, 2016 down on your calendar - for our first-ever Crowfall 12-hour livestream!

It's an exciting time for us here at ACE as we begin to transition from our "modular" testing approach (Hunger Dome, Siege Perilous) to building the MMO proper. We've been working on a bunch of new features creating the framework for the core systems (like harvesting and crafting and parcels) that have been on the back burner. We figured a 12-hour live stream from our office would be a fun way to show off our new tricks.

We will start the broadcast on twitch.tv/Crowfall at 8 am Central (Austin) time on Monday, June 27. We promise new updates every hour, on the hour-including a couple of big announcements, tech demos, cool content and design reveals. and a full day of developer chats, Q&As, "Beat-the-Dev" playtests (see the playtest schedule here) and hourly prize giveaways!

Whether you're new to Crowfall OR you've been with us since Kickstarter, this show is for you!

We hope you'll join us for at least a portion of the broadcast and see what's next for Crowfall! You don't want to miss the announcements and unveilings we do during this livestream!

Todd Coleman and Gordon Walton
Co-Founders, ACE

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Been enjoying the Druid in the hunger dome module tests. Was wondering what two other games / classes were referred to as in regards to the myrmidon / Minos archetype coming next.

" wouldn't really call his style, mitigation. It's much more unique than that, (seen something somewhat similar to it in 2 games I can think of) and requires a considerable amount of skill to pull it off."

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Today is the 12 hour livestream event.

They are giving away game access every hour or so...fyi.

Twitch

Edit: They are offering the packages on Sale today..in case anyone is on the fence

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Today is the 12 hour livestream event.

They are giving away game access every hour or so...fyi.

Twitch

Edit: They are offering the packages on Sale today..in case anyone is on the fence
Tempting but I can't watch at work, I'd check it out if I won a giveaway but I've been burned too many time son pre-releases to throw cash at this. I want to see a finished product before I make a decision.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Tempting but I can't watch at work, I'd check it out if I won a giveaway but I've been burned too many time son pre-releases to throw cash at this. I want to see a finished product before I make a decision.
They are doing the giveaways at the top of each hour, fyi.

(So far they have been packages.)

First 2 hours they have shown much better graphic enhancements coming, announced Euro partner, and have shown land parcel and castle designs.