Crusader Kings II

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Patch Time!

2013-01-14: v1.09
-----------------------

MAJOR:
- Merchant Republic gameplay (Duke or higher tier Republics with a coastal capital)
- Added a 'Grant Independence' diplomatic interaction
- Titles can now automatically change name depending on the culture of their top liege
- The Reign length opinion modifiers are now dependent on how long a character has been the liege of someone, not how long the primary title has been held
- Added 1241 Bookmark - "The Mongols"
- Save file transfer now works on Mac
- Reduced max demesne size from ruler tier, especially for Dukes
- Reduced the effect of Stewardship on max demesne size (now 15%, down from 25%.)
- Added a max demesne size bonus (+1) for dukes with more than one duchy
- Increased the Prestige effects of a rank difference in marriages by a factor of 5
- All merc regiments now grow in max size over time
- Added more mercenary bands: Finns, Lapps, Abyssinians, Nubians, Lithuanians, Scots, Irish and Alans
- Added Ultimogeniture succession law
- Added Tanistry succession law

MINOR:
- Fixed a bug with religions that have become or stopped being heresies not being correctly reset on reload
- Sunset Invasion: Slightly increased the arrival strength of the Aztecs
- Increased the strength of the Timurids
- Added a hidden event that clears diplomatic immunity from faction members if the faction leader dies while waiting for the liege response to an ultimatum
- When forming the Roman Empire, de jure assimilation into the Byzantine Empire is now carried over
- Fixed a bug allowing you to declare excommunication wars on lieges above your immediate liege (the war would then invalidate)
- AI: Will not attach units to allied units unless they are in the war target area
- Fixed a bug where a king who was also emperor lost the empire title in a civil war, but retained all dukes as vassals under the kingdom
- Fixed a crash in the province view
- Retinues no longer cost maintenance when you are out of money ( since they do not reinforce when you are out of money )
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a character was exiled from the last existing republic
- Fixed a bug with de jure withdrawal out of empires where the counter would reset and nothing would happen
- AI: Infinitesimal chance that the AI will fold to faction demands from tiny factions
- Fixed some bugs with the outcomes of the Imperial Reconquest CB
- Fixed a bug with characters not always returning correctly from foreign courts
- Fixed a CTD with the GamersGate in-game store API if there was a network error
- Forbidding councillors from leading armies is now saved
- Forbidding councillors from leading armies will no longer lead to an out of sync in multiplayer
- Fixed issue where a settlement could be awarded to an enemy after a siege was won
- Character screen no longer moves to front when it updates its data
- When creating a new unit one subunit will automatically transfer over if the selected unit has at least two
- Added a message for when someone takes over as a faction leader
- Prerequisite building missing text in building tooltip is now localized
- Fixed issue where character browser was showing some rulers when set to "all characters" and "no rulers"
- AI: Fixed a somewhat borked odds calculation vs attached units
- Army AI: Fixed an indecision issue - will be more determined to hunt down certain armies
- Army AI: Fixed a bug with splinter armies putting the whole agent into retreat mode
- Army AI: Fixed a rare collection livelock issue if a splinter army was besieging a holding
- Army AI: Fixed a glitch with the potential target province calculation due to moving enemy units
- Claimant Factions are no longer valid for non-elective titles if the claimant has no claim
- Fixed a confusing "any demesne title" trigger tooltip
- Removed the kingdom of Pommerania from the de jure HRE
- Liege levy maintenance cost is now shared with sub vassals
- The old liege now only gets weak claims on members of successful independence factions
- Fixed a rare crash in AI flank leader unit assignment
- Fixed an issue that could allow vassals of vassals to launch independence faction wars
- Independence faction wars are now invalidated if the pre-war liege becomes vassalized himself
- Fixed a bug where the successor of an Ecumenical Patriarch (or a vassal Pope) could change religion to the liege's.
- Vassals of vassals can no longer start claimant factions for claimants in another realm
- You now correctly gain Piety for granting bishoprics to courtiers
- Muslim rulers no longer get Piety for creating a random mosque holder
- Hamburg and Celle now have ports
- Province of Alexandria adjusted to include the site of the actual city
- Gender corrections to certain characters
- Added missing parents for Roupen I of Armenia Minor
- Fixed broken House Oitir dynasty
- Fixed several Mongol characters having the wrong religion
- Constantine de Hauteville is no longer female
- Gytha Thorkelsdottir now has the correct deathdate
- Louis d'Evreux now has the correct mother
- Fixes to V?clav II and descendants
- William 'Adelin' now has the correct deathdate
- Miscellaneous database corrections to the de Luxembourg dynasty
- Miscellaneous database corrections for the Normans and the 1st Earl of Chester
- Fixed the birthdate of Saint Louis IX of France and his brother Robert of Artois
- Switched culture for two characters from Irish to Scottish
- Fixes to Danish and Norwegian bastards
- Added the Hvide Bishops of Roskilde
- The culture of Khwarizm now changes to Turkish at the correct date
- Updated the Jarls of V?sterg?tland
- Fixed various issues with wrong or missing mothers for Frankish characters
- Fixed the lineage of Erik III of Denmark
- Added new Maghreb Wikipedia links
- Tweaked deathdate of Mubashir, Duke of Mallorca, and made him eunuch
- Fixed the spelling of the de Cuiseaux dynasty
- Corrections to the Af Sverker family
- Fixes to the ruler history of the Perigord and La Marche counties
- The Pirate King Kyrillos is now correctly imprisoned when captured through event
- Added dynasty and descendants to Umar ibn Khattab
- Fleshed out the the Rassid dynasty of Yemen
- Additions to the Banu 'Amir dynasty and its descendants
- Various changes and additions to the Hammudid dynasty
- Added the Mayzadids of Hillah
- Updated the Scottish name list
- Minor changes and additions to the Italian name list
- The Umayyad and Hashimid now have Muslim-style Coats of Arms
- Added some missing Dukes of Brittany
- Namechanges for several Scottish characters
- Constantinople is now protected by the Theodosian Walls
- Some corrections to Swedish kings and their families
- Links for Hungarian names added
- Changes to the Baltic pagan setup
- Corrections to Birger Jarl's family line
- All Armenian characters are now Miaphysite
- Added descriptive texts of all buildings
- Fixed issue with certain buildings referring to an obsolete Seljuk title
- Updated the credits
- Basra and Tigris now have the correct ruler in 1152
- Blocked claimant factions for vassals of vassals under Medium or higher crown authority
- Blocked most factions for vassals of vassals under Medium crown authority in addition to High and Absolute
- Fixed a problem with the limit of children for heirs
- AI: Fixed a bug with it not dismissing liege levies when done with them
- The pre-spawned 1066 conquest armies in England now suffer normal attrition
- Event spawned civil war armies now suffer normal attrition
- Made the bastard birth event (450) more common
- If married, women now fool their husbands about the parentage of children born from the bastard birth event (450)
- Fixed a bug with kingdom adjudication and barony tier titles under lieges with split allegiances
- Lowered the inheritance chance a bit for most congenital traits
- Fixed some glitches with the Mongol conversion events
- There is now a chance that the Ilkhanate will convert to Nestorianism
- There is now a small chance that the Golden Horde will convert to Nestorianism
- AI: Tweaked the effect of the Content trait on the creation and joining of Claimant factions
- AI: A bit smarter about launching claimant ultimatums
- Diplomacy View: Fixed a minor prestige tooltip issue when marrying lowborn characters
- AI: Vassals of a conqueror's title should not support claimants of another culture
- DoW AI: Now more aware of the possibility of mercs and the military value of Gold
- AI: More keen on using mercs if even slightly outnumbered
- AI: Very rich states are now more likely to use multiple merc regiments if needed
- Renamed the merc fleets after sea zones
- Added a hidden event to disband William's special invasion fleet
- AI: Lords and their heirs always answer each other's call to wars
- AI: Fixed a bug that could prevent the passing of laws
- AI: Smarter about trying to institute Agnatic-Cognatic law
- Retinues are now correctly passed on to the _player_ successor, not the primary title successor
- Fixed a crash bug in the Diplo and Province views with character with a null list of enemies
- Fixed a bug where characters inherited debts
- Fixed a minor bug in the effect 'vassalize_or_take_under_title' that would allow vassalization of unvassalizable titles like the Hashashin
- The religious CB now vassalizes lords of your own religion in the target Duchy
- AI: Fixed an issue where lords would marry off their councillors matrilineally to lowborn courtiers
- Fixed a bug with succession law opinions of children not of their parent's dynasty
- Optimized the line of succession calculation code
- AI: Fixed some bugs with elective successor choices
- Fixed (hopefully) a gross bankruptcy bug with the 'transfer_scaled_wealth' effect
- AI: External powers now more aggressive against civil war revolters
- Various code speed optimizations
- Fixed another bug with dead character in the Allies list
- AI: Husband and Wife always answer each other's calls to war
- Reversed the order of rulers in the Title History View (latest now on top)
- Invasion AI: Fixed a bug where fleets were afraid of loaded armies on enemy fleets
- Army AI: Fixed a brain death issue when under invasion by a Mercenary company whose unit was destroyed
- Army AI: Fixed an issue where it would not raise its own demesne ships
- AI: Will tend to hand out the latest acquired baronies rather than the oldest
- The Traitor opinion is now inherited by ruler successors
- Calling someone to war now makes them dislike you by the same amount you will like them for answering
- Conquerors (rulers of conquered titles) can now call on rulers from back home (Cultural Bonds) while defending against other cultures
- Fixed a rare crash in the Diplomacy View
- The 'vassalize_or_take_under_title' effect now correctly restores the taker liege afterward
- Fixed a bug where certain event effects in CBs could take Patrician titles
- Fixed a bug with the backend poster not having a HTTP POST timeout
- Fixed a bug with the random seed in event effect descriptions not matching the actual effect
- Fixed a bug where rampaging mercs would make an invalid DoW
- Fixed a bug preventing you from nominating bishop successors
- Muslim pulse events are now triggered correctly
- Fixed misplaced IF in decadence_invasion
- Added additional rulers to Chalkidike in the history database
- Chancellor event while improving relations is now properly triggered
- Fixed error in polygamy event
- Fixed issue with event where a character tries to free his/her spouse
- Added missing parents to several Arabic characters
- Added additional Alan dynasties
- Fixes to several Welsh dynasty names
- Some Armenian dynasty names are now Greek as intended
- Fixed the dynasty of Udalard de Besalu
- Characters older than 50 will no longer fight in tournaments
- Fixed pronoun error in Guardian event
- Removed superfluous church opinion effect from several Muslim-only event modifiers
- Fixed issue where the wife of a courtier could suggest a new Lord Spiritual
- Fixed option effect in event 1009
- Added additional Irish and Welsh dynasties and characters
- Added missing parents for the Riyahdids
- Added Muslim Hafsids of Crete and the Anemas dynasty
- Tatikios now has Greek culture and is employed by Alexios Komnenos
- Various additions to Norwegian and Irish family trees

FOR MODDERS:
- The event trigger and effect 'any_faction_backer' without a 'faction' field now work for the backers of all factions
- The 'copy_title_history' effect now also copies de jure assimilation
- Fixed some bugs with the 'de_jure_liege_or_above' and 'de_jure_vassal_or_below' triggers
- Character event flags are now shown in the portrait debug tooltip
- The modifier 'assassinate_chance_modifier' on the acting ruler now has an effect
- Added trigger 'is_at_sea'
- Added trigger 'is_patrician'
- Added trigger 'is_merchant_republic'
- Removed unused on actions 'on_siege_won' and 'on_siege_list'.
- Added on action 'on_siege_over' which triggers for all characters in the province
- Exported PATRICIAN_CAMPAIGN_FUND_FACTOR to defines
- Exported DOGE_SUCC_RANDOM_FACTOR to defines
- Added effects 'embargo' and 'lift_embargo'
- Added trigger 'has_trade_post'
- Added event target 'trade_post_owner'
- Added event effect 'seize_trade_post'
- Added 'attrition' field to the 'spawn_unit' effect. This is an attrition multiplier.
- Added 'cuckoo' (impregnation) console command
- Added 'culture = random' to 'create_character' and related event effects
- Added 'rep_trade_posts' Plot type
- Added define 'ENFORCE_ONE_OF_EACH_HOLDING' (Require players to build at least one City, Temple and Castle in each province)
- Added event target 'plot_target_province'
- Added a 'capital_holding' event target
- Added trigger 'num_of_trade_posts'
- Added trigger 'num_of_trade_post_diff'
- Added event trigger 'any_trade_post'
- Added event effect 'any_trade_post'
- Added event effect 'random_trade_post'
- Added 'same_religion = yes' field to the effect 'vassalize_or_take_under_title'. It will only vassalize rulers of the taker's religion
- Added 'is_patrician' filter to events
- Increased max demesne size limit for Patricians by 1 (define DEMESNE_MAX_SIZE_PATRICIAN)
- Added trigger 'any_attacker' (war scope)
- Added trigger 'any_defender' (war scope)
- Added 'inherit' field to opinion modifiers
Oh, shit, it is a whole expansion for Republics:

?Experience a new and different type of game by playing as one of the great Merchant republics of Venice, Genoa, Pisa, the Hanseatic League or Gotland.
?As the head of a Patrician family, you must guide your Republican dynasty through fortune and misfortune in a world dominated by kings and emperors.
?Build Trade Posts and expand your Mercantile empire by controlling the sea lanes and coasts of Europe... and defend it against rival Patricians, Republics and greedy feudal lords.
?Improve your Trade Posts and your prestigious Family Palace with dozens of unique new buildings.
?Compete in the Doge elections, compensating for lack of age and Prestige by investing money in your campaign fund. May the richest man win!
?Survive feuds with other Patrician families and plot to seize Trade Posts from your rivals; new Plot and many special events for characters in the Republics.
?New Republican skin for the interface.
?Unique Clothes and ship models for Republics.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How does this game compare to Medieval Total War?

i invested at least several hundred hours of my life into Medieval I in college and a significantly lesser amount on Medieval II because I didnt like the movement system.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Warfare is not the focus of the game. For the most part it's bigger army wins with a few exceptions. Someone of your intelligence would find it quite challenging.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Game must have been downright impossible for you then, given how often wrong you are.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
There is no RTS low level mini's combat in Crusader Kings II like in the Total War type games. If you mainly played the Total War games for the big map turn based stuff, this is much more like that style of play.

That said, it is a slow game with a learning curve and isn't for everyone. If you like that type of thing though, it is absolutley fantastic. Definatley one of my favorite games.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Anyone still playing this? Are the expansion packs worth it? I'm thinking of picking up the latest one, but was curious to see if it was worth the cost.

I love the base game a lot - its a really well done turn based empire builder. The random things you can do are pretty funny sometimes.

satael

Silver Squire
Expansion packs (except for the sunset invasion one) are worth it if you want to play around the area they affect (like Byzantium or the merchant states).
Personally I'm waiting for the next one so I can spread some paganism (but I do have almost all the dlcs including the song packs but that's just because I've enjoyed the game so much).

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Steep learning curve, right up there with Eve Online years back. Deep and rewarding gameplay. Slow. If you like grand strategy games this is something worth checking out.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
The big expansions, Sword of Islam, Legacy of Rome and The Republic (and the upcoming Old Gods) are all nice expansions that tend to add a bit more to the game overall a bit as well as open up more avenues of play.

The Ruler Designer is pretty good and lets you customize you starting ruler along a reasonable set of rules.

All the Songs, Shields and Portraits are just fluff but can't hurt.

Oo__sl

shitlord
Old Gods got released today.

Yes, it's the official release trailer
wink.png

---

And about portraits: Mongol and African are good, Mediterranean and Russian you might or might not like, personally I think they are shit.

wink.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Thread title should be Crusader Kings 2: Sister Rape Simulator, now with VIKINGS!

This has become one of my go to games when I"m bored, and every expansion that comes out makes it better, but the menu overhauls and 200 year earlier start date that comes with Old Gods are absolutely cannot do without now that I"ve seen them.

Tired of that huge HRE/France cockblock in the center of Europe? Now its like 8 different nations. Much better.

There's a lot of changes though to the internal systems as well. Gonna take awhile to dig through it all.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Been waiting for this, fuck yeah!

I've never seen a game so great from launch and just get better and better with each expansion (ok, maybe not the Aztec one, don't know what they were thinking there), but man do I love this game. I'm looking forward to spreading some proper religions!

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Really looking forward to this. I picked up the other 3 good (not Aztec) DLCs a few weeks ago and I love them. I'm sure this DLC will be great as well.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Pretty terrific so far.

Norse raiding is quite good. New technology functionality is a huge improvement over the previous system, though I am sure, like many of CK2 systems, I have more to learn of it.

Zoroastrian Persians, down in their little corner trying to crush Islam and conquer the middle east there is quite good as well, though I may be biased as I always liked Zoroastrian stuff myself.

But really just the earlier start date, in my opinion is a nice improvement, it gives a far more fractured, politically, socially and religiously, environment to play in and even if you cleave to the Crescent or the Cross I think it gives a better play format to carve your own destiny.

They even had a banner for the expansion on Rerolled! I don't know why but this made me happy! Yay Crusader Kings!

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Man, page 15, a crime!

Patch day!

MAJOR
- Ironman mode
- Steam Achievements
- Religious (non-heretic) rebels
- Women can now die in childbirth, and there can be other complications, like illness and sickly infants
- Added a bottleneck logic to battles where the defender benefits from the surrounding terrain to make the opponent fight on his terms
- Being outflanked is now much more devastating, especially through the center or from two sides
- Support for the metaserver dropped

GAMEPLAY
- Waived the creation conditions (culture, religion) for most kingdoms and empires for human players
- Having a marriage alliance now increases opinion by 30 (quite useful vs liege or vassals)
- Reduced the overall revolt risk
- Fixed a bug where you could not fire the leader of the right flank if the left flank had no leader
- You now get and lose the -1 "raised troops" opinion penalty from vassals every 61 days instead of every 73 days
- You no longer get any liege levies from vassals with a negative opinion of you
- There is now a +50 opinion bonus when a liege is the primary defender in a war against foreigners
- Increased the opinion bonus to +75 when a liege is the primary defender in a holy war (and improved the check)
- A Holding owner's personal martial skill now affects the levy size (exported as HOLDING_LEVY_SIZE_OWNER_MARTIAL_BASE and HOLDING_LEVY_SIZE_OWNER_MARTIAL_MULT)
- Armies on ships are capped at 50% morale
- Levy maintenance costs increased by 50%
- Mercenary maintenance increased by 20%
- Increased the cost of reinforcing retinues by 20%
- Levy sizes now depend on the de jure region they are in (the most in the capital county, the least outside the capital empire.)
- No longer allowed to retract barony tier vassals from their de jure count
- Murderers are now revealed in Observe mode (no "suspicious accidents")
- Non-theocracy lieges are now only allowed to create single county or barony temple vassals (bishoprics)
- Non-theocracy lieges can no longer create neighboring county tier bishops
- You are now only allowed to have a certain percentage of counties under theocracy vassals (MAX_THEOCRACY_COUNTIES_IN_REALM)
- You are now only allowed to have a certain percentage of counties under republic vassals (MAX_REPUBLIC_COUNTIES_IN_REALM)
- Added major events for the enabling of Christian Crusades (the CB) and Holy Orders
- Added major events for the enabling of Muslim Jihads (the CB) and Holy Orders
- Added major events for the enabling of Pagan Great Holy Wars (the CB)
- Added some more detail to many heresies (Cathars can have female priests, etc)
- Added heads of religion for five heresies: d_fraticelli, d_iconoclast, d_yazidi, d_ibadi and d_hurufi
- Added major decisions to create the Fraticelli and Iconoclast religious heads
- Can now elect females as bishops in versions of Christianity scripted to allow that
- Fixed a bug with mercenaries and holy orders not disbanding their special troops
- Rebalanced the Volley Harass combat tactic
- Pagan festivals now provide the advertised opinion boost to vassals
- Heirs denied the chance to join the Varangian Guard no longer get the event where they return home upon inheriting
- The Saoyshant Descendant trait is now properly granted to grandchildren when becoming the Saoyshant
- The Saoyshant Descendant trait is now granted to all descendants regardless of gender
- Removed the checks in certain events for the obsolete Duchy of Oxford
- The heretic_friend_timer modifier is now properly hidden in event 100180
- Councillors in Republics now use titles appropriate to their religion and culture
- The Pentarchy events will now only trigger for Orthodox Byzantine/Roman rulers
- Baron-tier Patricians are now able to fabricate claims
- Eunuchs will no longer ask to be given a title
- Concubines will no longer have marriage ambitions as they cannot get married
- Concubines can now have the ambition to have a daughter
- Added non-Christian/non-Muslim option to event 4140
- Characters of a religion where priests are not allowed to marry will now divorce their wives if ordained
- Traits blocking inheritance no longer apply for Temple titles
- Fixed some bugs with how dead spouses are handled
- Most rebel units now disband if they win
- Fixed a bug with the 'potential' check of traits after a religion change
- Made adventures a bit less common
- Corrected some minor errors in various pulse events
- Increased the default bishop opinion of the Pope
- Increased the opinion of their liege for invested bishops
- Lowered the opinion bonus for bishops vs their liege under Free Investiture
- Slightly lowered tax rates from bishops to both the Pope and antipopes
- New randomly generated bishops and mayors now get the local liege's culture rather than the top liege's
- Installing an antipope as Pope now makes him like you a lot more
- Added event where rebels kill random characters after taking a holding (TOG.1190)
- Cut the Bektashi Shiite heresy
- The decisions to create Hungary and Leon can no longer be taken when at war
- Norse Pagan Reformed barons now use the correct title
- Event 100180 will no longer trigger for heretic characters
- Event 39001 will no longer trigger for heretic characters
- Fixed a bug where minor baronies could go independent when they should not
- Fixed a bug with the war score in revoke vassal title plots
- Reduced the amount of non-claimant adventures out of player empires
- Female rulers can now always get married, even in religions with polygamy and concubinage
- Made prepared invasions by AI vassals in player empires rarer
- Fixed a crash bug with real fathers set from event effects sometimes being deleted
- The Aztecs, Mongols and Seljuks now spawn with more but smaller regiments
- Added more severe opinion penalties to assassination plots being discovered
- Fixed a bug where counties could be deprived of _any_ holder through 'gain_settlements_under_title' and related event effects
- Fixed a bug with the subjugation CB where the winner could become the vassal of the loser
- Fixed a bug with event 3686 where you could fall in love with close relatives
- Fixed a rare memory leak in diplomatic actions
- Fixed a minor glitch with the Aztec emperor appearing in and leaving your court on arrival
- Fixed a bug where the grant minor title message would always say "REGENT"
- Fixed a bug preventing the granting of bishoprics to females even if the religion allows it
- Fixed a bug where the "cousin" relation would not always be correctly calculated
- A character's original birth name is now shown in the tooltip if he or she has a regnal name (e.g. popes)
- Tweaked the outcome of the Improve Relations chancellor job. The effect lasts longer, but is less powerful and somewhat harder to get.
- Fixed a potential CTD in declare war interaction
- Fixed a CTD caused by attacking siege leader dying while siegeview was open
- When ransoming a courtier that has money, that character's money will now be used towards paying the ransom, and if they have enough money for the whole ransom their liege will not have to pay anything at all
- Opinion boost for releasing a prisoner is now +5 opinion per tier of their primary title (so +5 for a Baron, +10 for a Count etc).
- Entering observe mode will now automatically lift FoW
- Charinfo console command is now a proper toggle and does not require additional input
- Tweaked Teutonic order to be more infantry oriented.
- Holy orders and Mercenaries are now split into several sub units which can be put on different flanks or different units.
- Now generates courtiers to mercenaries and holy orders so they can be put as leader for the sub-units.
- Fixed some bugs with the customization DLC's renaming of landed titles with cultural names.
- Fixed a bug where fabricate claims plot wouldn't end when the title was destroyed
- Fixed a bug where all constructed settlements were counted as trade posts
- Fixed a bug for multiplayer character selection which enabled multiple people to play as the same character
- Fixed a bug where invaders of the same kingdom weren't hostile towards eachother
- Fixed a bug where removal of certain traits caused the game to stop responding
- Fixed a bug where attached units would remain attached even if the leading unit was an enemy
- Fixed a bug where AI didn't invite people to the fabricate claim plot
- Fixed a bug where you could having a landed title with zero holdings under it's control
- Fixed a bug where character attributes for characters were in some cases incorrectly read
- Fixed a bug where all baron subvassals were transferred upon title usurpation

INTERFACE
- Fixed a bug where titular titles would hide certain other titles
- Fixed a bug where character editor property values went out of range
- Family tree now shows dynasty relation
- Fixed a bug where dead popes would have the incorrect character portrait
- Fixed a bug for the title loss notification for republics.
- Fixed a bug with the ruler consort title being shown for the spouse a day after the ruler dies
- Fixed a bug in some messages with duplicate titles ("King King Karlmann")
- Fixed a bug with some dynasty names of event spawned characters
- Dying a "natural death" below the age of 45 is now called dying of "poor health" instead
- Added a missing tooltip for why you cannot nominate a bishop successor if the current bishop is not of your religion
- If there has only been a single ruler by a certain first name, the regnal number is no longer shown
- Improved the entry texts in the title history view a bit
- The black bastard blood drop is now shown correctly with the new bastard dynasty system
- Lowered the priority of faction messages to reduce spam
- Lowered the priority of heir choices under elective monarchy to reduce spam
- Added 'Random Character' button when selecting character
- Added 'Split in Half' button for units
- Player will no longer get a notification of being besieged if the besieging army is too small to take the settlement.
- Support for native clipboard functionality.
- Support to select text using keyboards
- Added Quick-Split icon menu to quickly split army based on mercenaries, holy orders and retinues.
- Tweaked amount of ships and shipbuilding tech for merchant republics.

DATABASE
- Changed some time period inappropriate names in Serbia
- Changes to the bastard children of Antso IV of Navarra
- Added the missing mother for Jeanne de Beaumont
- Various title corrections in the Latin Empire bookmark
- K?benhavn is now called Hafn when held by Norse characters
- Changed some time period inappropriate names in Malta and added Greek versions
- Changes to the Plantagenet monarchs
- Corrections for the Dukes of Silesia and other related characters
- Changed some time period inappropriate names in Estonia
- Louis II of Italy now has the correct Wikipedia link
- Fixes and additions for FitzAlans and early Stewarts
- Additions and corrections to the Roman Emperors of the Byzantine Empire title history
- Eudokia is now the Byzantine Empress for six months in 1067
- Added additional names for Ecumenical Patriarchs to choose from
- Fixed the dynasty of the several bastards belonging to the de Barcelona dynasty
- The Duke of Portucale now has an heir in 867
- Fixes to several Slavic dynasty names
- Character 217501 now has the correct Wikipedia link
- Updated Counts of Gilan to ensure proper regnal numbers
- Corrections to Wladyslaw II the Exile and his close family
- Added a dynasty for Grand Prince Feodor of Novgorod
- Hubert de Burgh is now correctly the Earl of Kent and Baron of Montgomery
- Miscellaneous Capetian/Valois fixes
- Anglo-Saxon England now has feudal elective law
- Added new Coats of Arms for Dregovichs, Severians and Radimichs
- Reduced effects of terrain on movement speed
- Battles in Crusade-type wars now only have half the normal impact on warscore

AI
- Powerful kings and emperors will now sometimes set up antipopes
- Cynical rulers may now sometimes switch back to Free Investiture law
- AI characters will now hold Pagan festivals
- Magyars are now more willing to convert even before 930
- Fixed a bug where the AI would sometimes not marry at all if the only suitable candidates were of too low rank
- Fixed a bug that was causing AI armies consisting of a single large regiment to endlessly split off and reabsorb empty regiments
- AI: Will no longer split a stack if the split would create a tiny useless army
- AI: Now takes culture, religion and province wealth into consideration when choosing capitals
- AI: Much higher prio on holding to to the counties in its primary duchy
- AI: More prio on keeping its demesne concentrated in a few duchies
- AI: Will no longer accept a matrilineal marriage if the betrothal was non-matrilineal and vice versa
- When marrying betrothed characters, the AI will now always propose the type of marriage agreed upon in the betrothral
- Fixed some inconsistencies in AI battle odds evaluation
- Increased AI prio on building shipyards
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the AI from starting wars against characters with only barony level holdings
- AI: Higher prio on helping friendly armies in battle
- AI: Better at coordinating attacks together with their allies
- Fixed a bug that was causing the defensive war AI to not work correctly
- AI: Will no longer accept giving away women as concubines to characters whose religion they will not intermarry with
- AI: Will no longer destroy King titles if AI_EMPEROR_CREATES_KINGDOMS is set to 1
- Fixed a bug where the AI would incorrectly calculate retreating units as potential combatants when deciding to move to a province
- AI: Fixed a bug where two AI armies from the same country would change their orders back and forth due to reacting to what the other army was doing
- AI: Will no longer retreat from incoming enemies if it is already moving to attack those enemies
- AI: Muslim characters no longer consider prestige effects when determining who to marry
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the AI from reinforcing allies in battle if the enemy army was moving before starting the battle
- AI: More prio on besieging contested provinces when the enemy has ticking warscore
- AI: Better at coordinating its armies between fronts
- AI: Better at coordinating its armies with allies
- AI: Will now keep imprisoned characters that they don't want to execute/banish/revoke locked up for a while instead of instantly releasing them. The minimum lockup time depends on the importance of the character.
- Fixed several 'lockups' in army AI where armies would get stuck bouncing between two destinations
- AI: Will now consider the actual composition of an army when determining its strength, rather than just looking at numbers
- AI: Now factors in effects of terrain when determining whether to attack with an army
- Rationality now affects how well AI will calculate odds of success when attacking with its armies
- AI: Will no longer overcommit when pursuing small enemy stacks
- AI: Less priority on pursuing small stacks when there are more important targets
- AI: Will now prefer fighting in its own territory when in a defensive war against opponents of superior or equal strength
- AI: Will now consolidate several armies into a large HK stack when fighting a defensive war against a superior opponent
- AI: Will now create Hunter-Killer stacks to chase enemy armies
- AI: More prio on keeping its armies close together when advancing in enemy territory
- AI: Will now lift sieges to attack enemy armies when appropriate
- AI: Will now split up its armies into medium-sized stacks to avoid attrition
- AI: Will no longer assault unless it has at least 10:1 numbers

MODDING
- Added support in traits for tolerance of other religion groups
- Added 'on_vassal_accepts_religious_conversion', which now basically handles all the logic of the Demand Conversion interaction
- Added "evil_god_names" to religions, to be used in event texts
- Added a priest title to religions, that can be used in text
- Added trigger 'is_father_real_father'
- Added trigger 'any_spouse_even_if_dead'
- Added 'priests_can_inherit' to religions
- Added trigger 'historical' (character)
- Added 'score' console command cheat
- Added trigger 'score'
- MTTH in on_action events should now be written 'weight_multiplier'. Added log error.
- Added proper event id system for errors logs, including the namespace
- Added 'family_palace' event target
- Added 'on_become_doge' on-action
- Added trigger 'republic_total_num_of_trade_posts'
- Events with 'hide_window' now fire a valid event option if there are any
- Added system for events marked 'notification' to be shown as messages rather than full pop-up windows
- Added on-action 'on_county_religion_change'
- Added trigger 'has_heresies'
- Added event target 'parent_religion_head'
- The event target 'religion_head' now also works in province scope
- Added trigger 'any_province_holding'
- Added effect 'any_province_holding'
- Added effect 'random_province_holding'
- Added succession law 'Appointment' for feudal vassals of Holy Orders (titles revert back to the liege on death)
- Added event effect 'banish_religion = X'
- Added 'can_retire_to_monastery' flag to religions
- Added 'jewish_opinion' to traits
- Added 'dynasty = culture' possibility to the 'create_character' effect
- The trigger 'has_empty_holding' now also counts holdings under construction
- Exported LEVY_MAINTENANCE_FACTOR to defines
- Added 'monthly_income' field to landed titles for extra income
- Temporary modifiers can now be inherited
- Exported some AI raid parameters to defines
- Added 'hold_election' event effect for merchant republics
- Added support for female versions of event pictures
- Added 'force_picture' field to events, to ignore cultural, religious, and gender variants of event pictures
- Fixed a bug with the effect 'random_sibling' (it included dead siblings)
- Fixed some bugs with the 'can_marry' trigger
- Added 'GetFromFromRelation' text
- Added on_action 'on_adulthood'
- Added battle_warscore_mult setting to cb_types, this modifies the warscore gained from battles in wars using that CB
- Increased the number of galleys gained from shipyards
- Exported define AI_ALWAYS_CREATES_DUCHIES
- Exported define BASE_AI_ARMY_SIZE
- Added prevent decadence trait value.
- Fixed so titles can have their own graphical culture type.
- Added support for any triggers to count matches.
- Added various new on_action hooks to support the achievements.
- added like_better_than trigger
- Added event scope text hooks for dates.

CONVERTER
- Fixed trigger issues for the default national ideas from EU4. Now you should get national ideas based on your culture.
- Added Jerusalem Ideas.
- Added Knights Templar Ideas.
- Added Israel Ideas.
- Added Jewish religion.
- Added Jewish cultures.
- Added support for major heresies to be converted to EU4.
- Added missing horde files.
- Fixed bug where Aztec became eastern tech group.
- Now the Holy Roman Emperor no longer gets cores on his old vassals in EU4.

Also there is a new expansion, "Sons of Abraham" fleshing out Christianity and Islam and adding Jews. It... doesn't seem to do much?

Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham DevDiary Archive, Interviews Manual

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Gives you an interactive curia of cardinals and pilgrimage stuff, but yea it's pretty limp imo. Half of it was just an excuse to put it on the same footing as EU4 with achievements.

The best change is probably the flanking data. Not that it's all that well balanced, I don't know. I just like how they're making defensive ground less abstract.

Damn, this game keeps on getting better and better. Glad they're doing away with some of the creation requirements on empires/kingdoms and lowering the random rebellion rate - it was fucking annoying as hell having territories you owned for 100+ years constantly rebelling due to culture or whatever when a newly conquered province of a heathen religion is sitting just fine. Especially if you have a massive empire on hand

Still so proud of my current playthrough. Dublin -> Kingdom of Ireland -> being heir to Scotland and England simultaneously -> Inheriting Wales and France -> Inheriting the whole HRE

Agraza

Registered Hutt
That is a sick turn of events. Did you use the awful potato face DLC when you did it?

I'm obsessed with restoring the roman empire or fashioning the latin one. Sometimes I steal the HRE and punish the germans, but usually the roman/latin empire.

I also usually embrace umbrian/mediolano/occitan culture and try to latinize the mediterranean coast. I wrote an event to accelerate the conversion of romance cultured coastal provinces when Sicily+Italy+Burgundy+Aquitaine+Aragon are owned.

That is a sick turn of events. Did you use the awful potato face DLC when you did it?

I'm obsessed with restoring the roman empire or fashioning the latin one. Sometimes I steal the HRE and punish the germans, but usually the roman/latin empire.

I also usually embrace umbrian/mediolano/occitan culture and try to latinize the mediterranean coast. I wrote an event to accelerate the conversion of romance cultured coastal provinces when Sicily+Italy+Burgundy+Aquitaine+Aragon are owned.
Yeah I want to form the latin one... which might happen anyways now that my heir is married to someone in the line of succession to the Byzantine Empire

Really lucked out on HRE - they switched to primogeniture succession so it became just a matter of waiting for a female-only heir of a primary claimant in a claimant civil war (which the HRE has every few years it seems) to be wed to my successor. Of course, helping out by sending your armies to make sure they're enthroned is key - as is helping out in any challenges.

I also really lucked out on inheriting Scotland and England simultaneously. My daughter was married to the claimaint to Scotland (which I helped put him on the throne) and my grandson married to the female heir of England. Eventually it was just a case of bethrothing the two children (some weird son-aunt shit) and magically both kingdoms fell into my lap. Then marrying the son to the queen of wales and inheriting all of Brittania in one swoop. Keeping an eye out on claimants, inviting them to court and force marrying them matrilineally to your daughters is an easy way to get your dynasty spread out throughout Europe.

rrr_img_49987.jpg