Cyberpunk 2077

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jesus fuck, it's like a 10year difference playing on console vs pc

it's like playing skyrim vs skyrim w/ mods

console is disgusting, welcome to amazon returns dept!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm really curious now to see just how bad it looks on Series X (I know, it's just the X1X version with faster load times, but still... it's got to be better than PS4 Pro, right?). Was expecting it to be here yesterday from GameFly but apparently USPS couldn't manage to take an envelope 350 miles in 3 days.

Edit: Watched the DF video on PS5 vs. Series X, guess it's not so simple as I thought, at least on Xbox. PS5 just runs the PS4 Pro version with uncapped fps so it's stable at 60. Series X gives you a choice between quality (~1600p30, very stable) and performance (1080p60, but not as stable as PS5). Think I'll try a cyber-nuker build and play it on Quality mode just to see how good it looks on my TV with HDR on.

Last edited:

faille

Molten Core Raider
anyone know any good macro software or some way to do batch crafting?
It's tedious having to craft certain things one at a time

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pressure to release before it’s done is more of a cancer than hype.
Yes.

And fuck people for accepting this level of unfinished shit and thinking it's okay. These type of people have made gaming into what it is today, a shitfest of crap.

• 6Faggotry
  • 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes.

And fuck people for accepting this level of unfinished shit and thinking it's okay. These type of people have made gaming into what it is today, a shitfest of crap.
That's why I am waiting on Pantheon.

• 9Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 12 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Haven't tried it yet, removed from Reddit lol

Greatly reduced my loading times. Frame rates about the same though.

Playing 1440P on a 3090 and I'm currently of the opinion that Ray Tracing is not worth using. It's playable with RTX+DLSS on, but everything has a soft blur to it thanks to lower resolution. Enabling Ray Tracing on Medium without DLSS drops me well under 60 and under 40 even.

I think the game looks better and gets higher FPS with Most settings in game maxed out, DLSS off, RTX off, Freestyle enable with Details filter with Clarity to 40% and other sliders at 0. It looks sharper, is true 1440p and I don't really miss the raytracing at all, in fact it's difficult to notice it normally unless you're looking for it. This gives me 70-100 fps generally.

Vorph

This is no worse than Witcher 3 was at release, yet for some reason only the fullest of retards complained about that game and here we have people who haven't even played it parroting game jo*rnalists and RDR2 fanbois who've flooded the game's subreddit.

I think the game looks better and gets higher FPS with Most settings in game maxed out, DLSS off, RTX off, Freestyle enable with Details filter with Clarity to 40% and other sliders at 0. It looks sharper, is true 1440p and I don't really miss the raytracing at all, in fact it's difficult to notice it normally unless you're looking for it.
Pretty much sums up the current Nvidia controversy going on. Ray tracing makes for good screenshots or capturing highlight reels, but for actual gameplay it's not even remotely worth the FPS hit.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
jesus fuck, it's like a 10year difference playing on console vs pc

it's like playing skyrim vs skyrim w/ mods

console is disgusting, welcome to amazon returns dept!
Which console? I am sure you have said it numerous times but I forgot.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes.

I agree but did you see the shit they got for pushing it back several times? I mean literal death threats for fucks sakes. I still believe in this company and will until they prove me wrong. They innovate every time they put something out. They could have easily slacked on the Witcher and instead made it Top 5 all time in the end. I would have loved them to push back and finish more but I trust they will and they still will get my money. How many companies nowadays push out unfinished shit and never fix a thing?

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
basic ps4
Ahh, I was thinking PS5 and was surprised, PS4 not so much. It is pretty old tech at this point but still the differences are glaring as fuck. I can understand drop off but it looks like two different games and from what you are saying plays differently too I bet.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm really curious now to see just how bad it looks on Series X (I know, it's just the X1X version with faster load times, but still... it's got to be better than PS4 Pro, right?). Was expecting it to be here yesterday from GameFly but apparently USPS couldn't manage to take an envelope 350 miles in 3 days.

Edit: Watched the DF video on PS5 vs. Series X, guess it's not so simple as I thought, at least on Xbox. PS5 just runs the PS4 Pro version with uncapped fps so it's stable at 60. Series X gives you a choice between quality (~1600p30, very stable) and performance (1080p60, but not as stable as PS5). Think I'll try a cyber-nuker build and play it on Quality mode just to see how good it looks on my TV with HDR on.
Do you find HDR that useful for gaming? I was under the impression that is more for movies even at this point? Let us know how it goes if you get a chance.

Vorph

Do you find HDR that useful for gaming? I was under the impression that is more for movies even at this point? Let us know how it goes if you get a chance.
Yes, I find HDR so good for games that use it properly (read: HZD, GoW, etc. not half-assed or fake implementations like RDR2) that I prefer playing games on my consoles these days. Part of why I rushed to get both XSX and PS5 immediately even though I have a computer built specifically for Cyberpunk... or at least I did before it got delayed two more times.

Not sure how good the HDR in this will turn out to be, and I doubt it would have much effect on performance modes running 1080p on a 4K TV, but there's potential for it to be really nice on XSX quality mode. I'll try out the nomad origin when the disc gets here and post back with how the badlands looks.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, I find HDR so good for games that use it properly (read: HZD, GoW, etc. not half-assed or fake implementations like RDR2) that I prefer playing games on my consoles these days. Part of why I rushed to get both XSX and PS5 immediately even though I have a computer built specifically for Cyberpunk... or at least I did before it got delayed two more times.

Not sure how good the HDR in this will turn out to be, and I doubt it would have much effect on performance modes running 1080p on a 4K TV, but there's potential for it to be really nice on XSX quality mode. I'll try out the nomad origin when the disc gets here and post back with how the badlands looks.
I generally keep up with the consoles shortly after new ones come out but foolishly because I play more on computer. I end up using them for a few games that come out solely for that console(generally sony stuff) and then they used to become streaming boxes basically lol. Now that all rooms that need it have smart tv's etc I wasn't sure about buying a new console. Your comment intrigued me enough that I am considering it.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider

I always have mixed results with HDR. Most games I have played simply look better with it off

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I think I'm done with this one, this game just doesn't have the story hook I was hoping for.

• 2Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users