Cyberpunk 2077

Fucker

Log Wizard
I purchased on steam, refunded waiting to rebuy when video cards enabled, sideshow max settings 1070gtx.

I did the same. RTX 2070. No point in watching seizure inducing FPS in this day and age. There are plenty of games that manage to look great and perform well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
What a buggy piece of shit game this is lol. It needed another 6 months minimum. Sure, it looks amazing on a 3090 but step outside the story box for a second and you encounter an endless series of bugs and poopsockery. Glitches, NPCs clipping, dialog getting stuck, random hit boxes, textures not loading, resolution switching, UI elements getting stuck. Putting this on the shelf for now. Definitely the buggiest launch I've waded through in a long time. Seems like it will be a fun game once they fix it, but playing it now just seems like attempting to ruin your own experience.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm playing on a 2070 super and it's been great. Interesting characters and main plot and some cool interactions between sidequests and gigs and stuff like I've mentioned before. You do have to be on the lookout for these otherwise you'd just miss them. This release is on par with Witcher 3 to me in terms of bugginess. But between the other platforms I understand the issues people are having.

You need to truly be a pants on head retard to compare this to GTA tho. As you are just comparing it because there's driving and shooting basically.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm done with this one, this game just doesn't have the story hook I was hoping for.
The main plot really isn't that engaging to you?
Different strokes and all but... Damn dude lol.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You need to truly be a pants on head retard to compare this to GTA tho. As you are just comparing it because there's driving and shooting basically.

I don't get this. Why not? Especially based on their claims and marketing. Why not?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't get this. Why not? Especially based on their claims and marketing. Why not?
I didn't follow like any of the marketing so maybe my expectations have been different. I've said this.

I went in expecting witcher 3 quality stories in cyberpunk/dystopian atmosphere. So I haven't been disappointed. Being able to steal cars and shit is just flavor. It isn't like getting heat and shit is something I expected to do. I've had no run ins with cops. Driving and all that is just a mechanism to take in atmosphere and run into points of interest. Like witcher.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I didn't follow like any of the marketing so maybe my expectations have been different. I've said this.

I went in expecting witcher 3 quality stories in cyberpunk/dystopian atmosphere. So I haven't been disappointed. Being able to steal cars and shit is just flavor. It isn't like getting heat and shit is something I expected to do. I've had no run ins with cops. Driving and all that is just a mechanism to take in atmosphere and run into points of interest. Like witcher.

You can play this like GTA, it's just not GTA.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

did you play gta5? I went in to this game expecting a dynamic world that felt alive in a cyberpunk setting. Instead I got a good story on rails (expected) and a pretty but awkward world that i'll be just fine leaving behind when the story ends. I was hoping for some of that amazement that i've felt with other games that have similar "living world" claims. Given that gta5 is a seven year old game, I figured i'd get that plus a whole host of other shit I couldn't even fathom. Instead I got a really pretty farcry game with a lesser world AI

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Seems pretty reasonable, and basically confirms my earlier suspicions. Will have another look in a year or so.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm a little over 15 hours in and I'm loving it. This will likely overtake Ghost of Tsushima as my GOTY. I had about 12 hours played until I even saw the title screen. As TJT TJT has mentioned, I was expecting a Witcher 3 style game with a great story and a compelling and convincing world. This is so similar to Witcher 3. Contracts, ?s across the map, heavy focus on story and dialogue. Just the combat in this one is more complex and more satisfying.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Of course I played GTA 5.

well I like cyberpunk and don't feel bad about spending the money on it. In a vacuum it's a solid AAA game, but I think they deserve a lot of the shit being flung at them given their claims and the fact that most of their customers have played rockstar games that met and exceeded similar claims.

the rdr gta comparisons are a meme at this point, but like stereotypes, there's a reason it's a meme

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Night City delivers the most awe-inspiring cityscape since Rapture in the first BioShock. I'm continuously impressed by the environment.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Just the combat in this one is more complex and more satisfying.

see I just don't get this - it was difficult to "break" witcher combat on difficult settings. After a few levels almost all builds become broken in this game. Especially if you happen across certain legendarys.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
see I just don't get this - it was difficult to "break" witcher combat on difficult settings. After a few levels almost all builds become broken in this game. Especially if you happen across certain legendarys.

It's vastly now diverse. Witcher 3 combat is so boring because you just pump up fast attacks. It's by far and away the best build. You can adopt a number of play styles and unlock far more abilities (signs) in this game.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m putting this down for a while. It has everything to be a great game but too many issues right now. I’m crashing once an hour or so on the PS5, luckily the game is generous in auto-saves and load times are fast so it’s not like I lose to much time but it’s getting way too annoying at this point. The poor balancing is also an issue, tons of skills are totally useless, like the dagger ability. Seriously you throw your equipped dagger and it’s gone forever??? What kind of design is this or if a bug how can something so basic get past testing?

I’ll finish Valhalla, play Fenyx Rising and a few others and get back to it after a few patches because I feel it’s going to be great at some point.

While I enjoyed the story very much, this is not even close to Witcher caliber of storytelling. In that aspect it’s a huge disappointment because that’s the one thing I thought they would do well. Side quest are boring as hell with absolutely zero decision or emotional impact.

I hope they manage to fix it because even with all the issue I had a fun 25 hours so far, but it just got to be too much for me to go on in this state.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It's vastly now diverse. Witcher 3 combat is so boring because you just pump up fast attacks. It's by far and away the best build. You can adopt a number of play styles and unlock far more abilities (signs) in this game.

more /= complex and satisfying

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm only like 6 or so hours into the story on PC but I've run into very few technical issues. No crashes at all. The only issues are that sometimes an NPC will get stuck, most dead bodies "twitch" like they're moaning in a painful nightmare and I keep finding items on the ground I can't pick up. Saving and reloading fixes things other than items that can't be picked up,. a bug that existed in Witcher 3 too.