Cyberpunk 2077

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been pretty much been using knife or smart assault rifle and mowing shit down on hard. I am going to nab those epic mantis blades and give them a shot.

One of the bigger issues in this game I have found with the AI (beyond some of the stupid stealth shit where it magically moves to see you breaking any pattern) is it seems to have issues pathing and aiming at you if you are significantly different from it on the Z axis. Like bad pathing to get to you, inability to track you with shots, and so on. Also if you manage to bypass their little premade setups and come in the back of a camp/encounter, their patrol patterns are laughably easy to stealth kill because they set up all the patrols purely to dick over the path they expect you to be forced to enter by. Both of these aspects make the super jump legs one of the more ridiculous items in the game, because you can jump in the air and confuse the combat AI as you drop in and knife the enemy and you can trivialize some of the harder bases by using the super jump to sneak to the end of an encounter. Fun and neat that there is this much variation, but maybe should not be quite so good.

Still enjoying the game and feel its the best open world game I have played since Vice City, but its definitely got its flaws.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have been pretty much been using knife or smart assault rifle and mowing shit down on hard. I am going to nab those epic mantis blades and give them a shot.

One of the bigger issues in this game I have found with the AI (beyond some of the stupid stealth shit where it magically moves to see you breaking any pattern) is it seems to have issues pathing and aiming at you if you are significantly different from it on the Z axis. Like bad pathing to get to you, inability to track you with shots, and so on. Also if you manage to bypass their little premade setups and come in the back of a camp/encounter, their patrol patterns are laughably easy to stealth kill because they set up all the patrols purely to dick over the path they expect you to be forced to enter by. Both of these aspects make the super jump legs one of the more ridiculous items in the game, because you can jump in the air and confuse the combat AI as you drop in and knife the enemy and you can trivialize some of the harder bases by using the super jump to sneak to the end of an encounter. Fun and neat that there is this much variation, but maybe should not be quite so good.

Still enjoying the game and feel its the best open world game I have played since Vice City, but its definitely got its flaws.
My silenced magnum revolver crits 100% of the time for 50000 dmg or more from stealth.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I saw the Stadia offer of free premier, free controller and 4k chromecast ultra, with purchase of this, and figured I would give it a try. Runs pretty good and smooth, impressed with Stadia so far, seems like a good option until I stop buying tools and get around to upgrading my computer. Spent like an hour going through character creation for both genders, feel a little bad for the guy who decided what big means for dick size. Just got through the tutorial but pretty fun so far.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Ya for some stealth missions, a silenced hand cannon is great for instagibbing an enemy from range.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I put a point in to throwing knives while in stealth.

Seemed great the one time I used it and never got the knife back.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They actually have cyberware that prevents smartweapon targeting. If you're using quickhack you can use cyberware malfunction to disable it and then smoke them with your smartweapon.
Can't disable because I'm using Sandevistan OS. I guess I just didn't expect the anti-smartgun stuff to be so common. It's like 80% of the enemies I've faced in the last two days playing, and even if I could hack them I'm not wasting time on that shit. Final straw for my smartgun last night was rolling up on a 'very low' difficulty spot where two gangs were having a shootout. I walked up behind a dude crouching and completely unaware of me being there, maybe 6' away, and emptied 4 magazines without hitting him once. Even after all that (no silencer, don't think there's even such a thing as a muzzle slot on a smartgun) he still wasn't aware of my presence and I shot him in the head with my revolver for like 80k.

pick it up.
One of the big complaints over on reddit was that it's impossible to pick up thrown knives, was that more bullshit too?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Wrapping up the main side quest lines today before finally finishing this hopefully tonight (sitting at 67 hours now), some of these are some of the best story quests I've ever played in a game.

Finally wrapped up "The Hunt" with Ward... mother fuck

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Question about end game...

I’ve only done the corpo ending and there wasn’t an option to continue playing after the credits. Is there an ending where you can keep playing?

nu_11

GOG (CDPR) now submits to CCP.

Devotion was already delisted from Steam because it mocked Xi as Winnie the Poo. And Red Candle Games is a Taiwan based developer.

• 4Pathetic
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Vorph

Messages from "gamers"... Yeah, I'm sure that's what it was.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

Should give mantis blade a try, really craze and immerize experience!

Wasn't there for me. Just a standard loot chest.

edit: nevermind reloaded and it was there I think I just looted too fast and you don't see it in your inventory until you goto a ripper

Vorph

Question for anyone who went full into Int stuff: what's the point of crafting quickhacks? Recipes seem super expensive compared to the cost of just buying hacks. Not sure if there's extra bonuses or if there's some hacks you can't buy, or what...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Question for anyone who went full into Int stuff: what's the point of crafting quickhacks? Recipes seem super expensive compared to the cost of just buying hacks. Not sure if there's extra bonuses or if there's some hacks you can't buy, or what...
I think hacks are pretty rare. I haven't came across many merchants and I still only have a handfull of blue/epic hacks.

• 1Solidarity

gak

<Gold Donor>
GOG (CDPR) now submits to CCP.

Devotion was already delisted from Steam because it mocked Xi as Winnie the Poo. And Red Candle Games is a Taiwan based developer.

I wonder if you can ever recover your social credit score if you bash Drumph enough, or just one Xi insult qualifies for the 3am pick up and mandatory organ harvesting...

a.jpg

• 1Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
There is a ridiculous amount of clothing variety on the NPC's. I've noticed that a lot of it doesn't appear to be wearable by the player?