Cyberpunk 2077

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some of these side quest chains are surprisingly really long and deep. There is a lot to miss if you rush through.

I started as a Nomad and the intro was brief. Which disappointed me at first, I was hoping for all kinds of backstory and uniqueness. Well, I found the Nomad-like questlines out in the badlands and am super happy with em.

Seeing the trees thru walls etc was the kick in the ass I needed to remember to update gfx drivers. Huge improvement all around.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Anybody else randomly find Skippy? Great gun and its funny as fuck...also tunes itself with your level.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anybody else randomly find Skippy? Great gun and its funny as fuck...also tunes itself with your level.
It's a great gun if you can put up with the shortcomings of smart guns in general. Too many enemies are able to just deflect every bullet you fire.

Also, like I posted a couple days ago, do NOT choose stone cold killer if you want to use the gun long term. It switches modes PERMANENTLY after 50 kills and you're stuck with pacifist mode if you choose incorrectly at the start. Supposedly you can choose headshot mode and put a Pax (non-lethal) mod in it prior to hitting 50 and it will never swap, but I haven't tested that myself. Better to just not screw it up from the start so you can use a better mod than Pax imo.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I'd like to see some mods that help out the hud. Cold blood specifically doesn't even show how many stacks you have...how difficult is that?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'd like to see some mods that help out the hud. Cold blood specifically doesn't even show how many stacks you have...how difficult is that?

Feels like the regen isn't doing anything sometimes from the regen per stack of cold blood talents

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What is the point of non-lethal mods? When are you ever shooting someone and you don't want them dead?

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What is the point of non-lethal mods? When are you ever shooting someone and you don't want them dead?
I wish I knew. I can't figure out what impact going in guns blazing does on anything, except possibly less money (at least for side jobs)? In which case who cares because they give you a shit amount anyway.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I wish I knew. I can't figure out what impact going in guns blazing does on anything, except possibly less money (at least for side jobs)? In which case who cares because they give you a shit amount anyway.
I think it's some kind of mesh of design decisions they tried to make work but then abandoned at some point. Cyberpsycho quests where you shoot them in the face don't kill them unless you shoot them in the face again when they're on the ground.

I can only guess they had some ideas about playing non-lethal and shit but it didn't work and now its just some janky shit in the game.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I assume they wanted to give players an option to try deathless runs but apparently knocking out your enemy doesn't reward xp. lol

there are also quests where the storyline wants you to keep the "bad guy" alive

• 1Double Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
There are many missions where the quest giver is asking for non lethal and your rewards are directly tied to your performance.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but you can shoot someone in the face in those missions and it doesn't kill them. You have to execute them on the ground.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Unless I explode their skull in the initial fight I always go up and execute. It's just the right thing to do. Also I love just plugging gang members out in broad daylight in a crowded area and it being perfectly legal. Brings joy to my cold dead half mechanical heart.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unless I explode their skull in the initial fight I always go up and execute. It's just the right thing to do. Also I love just plugging gang members out in broad daylight in a crowded area and it being perfectly legal. Brings joy to my cold dead half mechanical heart.
That, plus I'm pretty sure Kiroy is right and you don't get xp if they're just squirming around on the ground. I don't know about level xp, but I'm 100% sure that you get skill xp for the weapon you use to finish them off, sometimes even a weirdly large amount of it.

Feels like the regen isn't doing anything sometimes from the regen per stack of cold blood talents
I think it's a % boost to your current active regen? So you might have the regen perk from Athletics but that only works in combat, and outside of combat it's possible you have none besides the thing that makes your hp regen to 60% (70/80/90% with perks).

I'm not completely sure what all is boosting my healing, but when I use one of those 40% green medkits it almost always heals me to full. If I knew exactly what made that happen, that's the only perks/mods/cyberware I'd ever use. No need to bother with anything else, other than maybe the 18-20 body implants that give you 3 lives if I was playing a full melee build. I definitely don't take the Athletics regen perk anymore, that's for sure.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If it makes the regen elements of the stim heals 500% faster at max stacks then it's still mad good

Cybsled

I haven’t been able to replicate it, but I once pounced on an enemy with mantis blades, impaled their chest, then hoisted them into the air like I was Predator. One shot kill on a mini boss.

I got the upgrade for cheaper because I found an illegal chop shop in a ripperdoc’s basement and he gave me a perma 20% discount to ignore his involvement

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
So I figured a way to make money, as well as kind of bork the crafting in this game.

To get right to it, for some mystifying reason, epic consumables can be broken down for epic components. So, if you get the recipe to make a health booster epic item, it only costs like 15 regular crafting components to craft, you craft about 10 of them, then instantly break them down, and you get a good amount of epic crafting components.(lol) I was able to upgrade the Overwatch sniper rifle in like 6 minutes lol.

This is completely broken and should be fixed. I believe you can break down epic grenades as well, not sure.

Anyway, in regards to making money, Ive found the best way is to find enemy camps/assault taking place spots and kill them all, loot them all and sell every single item you get unless its epic or better. Rinse repeat 3 or 4 times you can make an easy 20k-30k. I finally sitting at around 75k money now, and already paid off everything and bought most cybernetics. (lvl 24)
Just keep making the blue med kit and sell off your excess rare upgrade components. You should have 1000's of them if you do it often enough.
You''ll actually run out of the common components first so you need to save all the junk stuff for disassembling.

If you want to stock up on good components in general, make the purple med kit. You'll run out of common and green a lot faster, but you'll get blue and purple components out the wazoo.

Not sure if it's a recipe or a perk but you can craft legendary components from 6 rare.

Combing all these, means you should have as much mats and money as you'll ever want, depending how much you enjoy clicking and holding a mouse button.

note: I have 22 points in crafting, so got a lot of discounts and bonuses to make my numbers really efficient

Fadaar

That guy
That, plus I'm pretty sure Kiroy is right and you don't get xp if they're just squirming around on the ground. I don't know about level xp, but I'm 100% sure that you get skill xp for the weapon you use to finish them off, sometimes even a weirdly large amount of it.

I think it's a % boost to your current active regen? So you might have the regen perk from Athletics but that only works in combat, and outside of combat it's possible you have none besides the thing that makes your hp regen to 60% (70/80/90% with perks).

I'm not completely sure what all is boosting my healing, but when I use one of those 40% green medkits it almost always heals me to full. If I knew exactly what made that happen, that's the only perks/mods/cyberware I'd ever use. No need to bother with anything else, other than maybe the 18-20 body implants that give you 3 lives if I was playing a full melee build. I definitely don't take the Athletics regen perk anymore, that's for sure.

that is correct, you'll see street cred gains after you actually kill