Cyberpunk 2077

Cybsled

I use a Legendary Crash revolver as well that hits for 9k and crits for like 69k.

I just like the smart pistol because it targets up to 6 enemies at once and shoots 4 bullet bursts.

has anyone else noticed as you get to the higher levels (started happening around lvl 35-36) there start to be a good amount of legendary clothing mod drops? Im currently wearing 5 +30% crit damage mods, and 4 +15 % crit chance mods, totaling like 160% crit dmg increase with +60% chance. One of the best perks in the game is the one that removes mods from items when broken down. I have gotten almost 10! of those legendary clothing mod drops from random purple drops that I just break down and slot into my preem gear.

Ya, the crafting perk that removes mods from scrapped items is godlike. You get so many legendary mods from what would otherwise be shitty items. I would like to find more legendary armor crafting recipes, though, so I can actually make my character look halfway decent.

I got through to Act 2 and got the motorcycle. I stayed in Act 1 to build up funds, explore, and build up some character level(10). I look at my map and almost everything is "Very High" risk. I play Pistol and bought the legendary one from the guy just outside the apartment. I figured I should be able to work my way through those missions. That would be a no, as the enemy has a lot of armor and they practically one shot me. Now there are a couple of moderate difficulty on the map, but I feel as though I messed up somewhere. I figured I would be able to farm some money back(I need 15k for rogue) but I am a little wary of whether or not I could even do the main missions with my current setup. Friend of mine went sniper and I am beginning to see why. I might restart and go full melee/tank. Maybe I did not build up enough in Act 1? Its odd because I am just playing normal mode. I wanted to enjoy the story but have challenge with it. Did not think the challenge would esculate that quickly or I gimped myself by accident.

There should be plenty of spots. Don't just do gigs (yellow missions). Do the blue missions as well. They award lots of money, xp, street cred, and upgrades. Also, your street cred will dictate what missions are available. Do Claire's "The Beast in Me" quest line - literally all you have to do is drive and you can even use their car. In fact, if you do those missions in a certain way, you can get 2 cars for free at the end of it. Bonus tip: You don't get XP or street cred for downed enemies that aren't dead. If you're really hard up for XP/money, make sure to cap the people who are writhing around on the ground still (unless that fucks up a bonus objective, in which case hand in the quest completely, then come back and finish off everyone lol. This works for Cyberpsychos as well once you finish the mission with Regina - you can use lethal weapons against them and keep them alive, so long as you dont shoot them after they are downed. You can hand in the mission to Regina, saying you kept them alive. Once the mission is fully handed in and you get credit, you can kill the cyberpsycho and get XP/Rep if you want.

I know it was way too late to incorporate such a system, and it would take some creativity to pull off in a city environment, but I wish they could have pulled a Ghost of Tsushima and implemented a non-minimap system. Love that about GoT. You can really enjoy the beautiful environment they built. Because I just stare intensely at the minimap while driving and barely enjoy the amazing world they built. Of all the "quality of life" aspects of GoT, I think that's my favorite and I hope other open world games adopt it.

First complaint would be "2077 and there isn't a GPS navigation system??? WTF?". They already have a non-mini map navigation system as evidenced by the Beast in Me driving missions (path appears on road and UI elements show when there is a turn coming up). If they could implement that in regular play, it might help. One thing I see that might cause problems is sometimes the mini map directions get odd (like it will have you go up stairs that a car can't fit on), so that might cause an issue for the on-screen navigation points.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I regret touching the crafting system at all. I don't have enough stat points left to get it to 20 or whatever to be able to craft legendary items, so anything I can craft is basically trash at this point in the game.

Seems way better to just ignore it entirely and use the points elsewhere. There's so much free gear from all the open world crap that I've never actually needed to craft a single thing.

Arrion

Trakanon Raider
I ran into a kind of wall yesterday with the game.

I got through to Act 2 and got the motorcycle. I stayed in Act 1 to build up funds, explore, and build up some character level(10). I look at my map and almost everything is "Very High" risk. I play Pistol and bought the legendary one from the guy just outside the apartment. I figured I should be able to work my way through those missions. That would be a no, as the enemy has a lot of armor and they practically one shot me. Now there are a couple of moderate difficulty on the map, but I feel as though I messed up somewhere. I figured I would be able to farm some money back(I need 15k for rogue) but I am a little wary of whether or not I could even do the main missions with my current setup. Friend of mine went sniper and I am beginning to see why. I might restart and go full melee/tank. Maybe I did not build up enough in Act 1? Its odd because I am just playing normal mode. I wanted to enjoy the story but have challenge with it. Did not think the challenge would esculate that quickly or I gimped myself by accident.
Are you trying to sides missions near the city center? The ones mostly given by Dino? The different neighborhoods have level ranges, although it's not obvious looking at the map. Those in the city center are the highest level, 30+. I did missions in Westbrook when starting Act 2

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I regret touching the crafting system at all. I don't have enough stat points left to get it to 20 or whatever to be able to craft legendary items, so anything I can craft is basically trash at this point in the game.

Seems way better to just ignore it entirely and use the points elsewhere. There's so much free gear from all the open world crap that I've never actually needed to craft a single thing.

Well shit I started beefing up that stat based on the overwhelmingly positive crafting feedback here.

• 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will try the suggestions. I guess they separated difficulty by region rather than just having some of every difficulty within each region. Back to the fight.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Smart pistols are for errand boys too squeamish to see a fight up close. Errand boys, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill. I have felt the weight of my mantis blades, horror and moral terror, so long that they have become me and I have become them.

It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared.
Moral terror? Is that like mortal terror?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well shit I started beefing up that stat based on the overwhelmingly positive crafting feedback here.
I mean it can be worth leveling technical up a bit for disarming explosives/opening doors, but there's no value into just dipping your toes into crafting. Either go deep enough to craft legendaries (which is at 18 iirc) or don't bother.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure what the name of my build would be but if I don’t blow off someone’s head with my tech sniper rifle (which works thru any number of obstacles it seems), then they get the business end of my iconic vibrator up and close. Pretty much destroying all enemies with this dynamic duo (snipe-gimp? )

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Last night I finally put other games aside, grabbed a drink and sat down to make a character. I put some time into it, too. The character almost looked like Krueger from Elysium.

I finally finished up; was feeling good about how the character looked. I clicked through the final creation 'recap' and approved everything.

And the game instantly dropped straight to a fucking crash report, LOL.

10/10, would totally waste 15m-20m making a character again

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im currently wearing 5 +30% crit damage mods, and 4 +15 % crit chance mods, totaling like 160% crit dmg increase with +60% chance..
Negative on that. Those mods don't stack, you get one of each and all the other ones are wasted. Ideal modding is one Fortuna, one Bully, one Zero Drag, rest 150 armor Armadillos.

Oh and don't even bother looking at the Deadeye mod that combines Fortuna and Bully into one slot....it doesn't work at all.

Yeah, Tech 18+ is strictly for when you've made a build around an iconic gun and you need to craft a max level legendary version. And anything below 18 is just wasted points.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Crafting is very good, but as others have said, you need to go all in to get the most benefit from it. If you do, though, you can basically make best in slot gear for everything very easily, have a lot more control over how your character looks clothing wise, and get big buffs to iconic weapons (which you can make legendary quality).

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Crafting is very good, but as others have said, you need to go all in to get the most benefit from it. If you do, though, you can basically make best in slot gear for everything very easily, have a lot more control over how your character looks clothing wise, and get big buffs to iconic weapons (which you can make legendary quality).

Even though I'm almost 40 hours in I feel I still have a long way to go. Currently only using two legendary items - one of which being the 4 socket legendary Samurai T you can buy from that one side quest. I'm lvl 20 or something and have already dumped 12 into that stat so might as well go all in at this point. Already crafting some slots that are way better than anything else I'm finding. My crafted tech sniper rifle can one shot everyone through walls.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are you sure it doesnt work because my stats show 149 crit damage and 54 crit chance?

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
They don't stack. In fact, they will sometimes negate each other when you equip multiple. You have to un-equip everything and re-equip just one of each to get your correct stats.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's all just nitpicking anyway. Maxing any one of the major combat-related stats basically turns you in to a god eventually, be it remote hacking and melting everyones brains or running 20 second bullet time or regenerating infinite health - it's all just pure wank and everything is ridiculously OP, so just pick whatever you think is the coolest.

Except stealth skills, don't play like a boring bitch.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Have they been steadily patching this or they still focusing on getting the ps4 version back on the ps store? Probably finishing up the Witcher 3 in a few weeks, not sure if I should go for this yet or just switch to another hobby for a bit.

Cybsled

Except stealth skills, don't play like a boring bitch.

Stealth is the most fun tbh. You get so OP with guns that the best challenge is the "try to clear a spot using stealth takedowns only/don't get caught". There are even a couple gigs out there where you can't even do stealth takedowns to get the bonus...you literally have to just flat out not get detected by anything.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Have they been steadily patching this or they still focusing on getting the ps4 version back on the ps store? Probably finishing up the Witcher 3 in a few weeks, not sure if I should go for this yet or just switch to another hobby for a bit.
On last gen consoles? Hard pass. PC or new ones, yeah worth every penny IMO.