Cyberpunk 2077

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That's what 99th Min is there to show.

Yea and I don't buy their numbers for a second. Depends entirely on where they test - there's areas of japan town/downtown that will send nearly any system down to 30fps for a bit.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Let's not kid ourselves here. Just because it functions doesn't mean it's "fine" - anything less than like a 1080 TI is gonna have extremely noticeable dips in to the 20-30fps area in many parts of the game.

View attachment 325534
1060 is 30-36 FPS on medium settings at 1080p. It’s like the ps4 experience!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anything less than 2077 frames per second is unacceptable.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think they struck some deals with Nvidia too, did they not? To showcase all the bells and whistles on their RTX bullshit. THis is like the first game to encompass all the RTX bullshit in one package that everyone turns off because no one is playing this shit at 20fps so they can see reflections in puddles. Dont worry guys give it another 5 yrs, 2 more generations of PC tech and well have this running at 200fps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
"essentially unplayable" is the most millennial argument I can think of. Yes there are lots of bugs, yes there are too many crashes (more than 0 is too many) but to claim that makes it unplayable is... Super whiny.

Computer games I bought for the same price back in the early 90s barely worked. Step one was editing config specs just to get the thing to run. Then it was a bonus if you got to play a game for an bit without crashing. Bugs? You were lucky if you ever got post release patches. And still the games were so riddled with bugs you couldn't count them, and you didn't care, because it was all glorious and mind blowing. Bitches today want to file lawsuits because something is running at 29 fps instead of 32 fps.

Yea this is my "back in my day" rant, I get it, but holy shit this generation doesn't deserve anything good.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

Games almost never got patched back in the day. Once in a blue moon, I remember the local store would get some 3.5 inch disks with patches on them very rarely lol

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have found my share of bugs but so far I have always found work arounds like resetting the encounter or approaching from a different angle. I loved the one that had me exiting a truck right into the water that was 1 story below and a solid 50 feet away from the door. Did you know that you can swim in this game??? I kind of want to explore all of the underwater areas just to see if something was added.

I am having a blast with this game. It is a 10/10 for me. I have taken my sweet time just exploring and slowly working my progress through the main story. Some of the visuals that this game offers are just....real. Its odd. When I get into my mustang after having played this game at work, I get this game sensation that rolls over me as I first get in. Fortunately that goes away quickly as I drive my car, as it handles so much better.

I can hardly wait to see what kind of Mods people cook up for this game. Maybe making use of the unused areas and thus expanding the city. You could even go under the city. In a few years this game might actually be fully explorable. I know we will not see a game this good again for a few years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PSA for anyone doing a new playthrough, finally figured out how to get the 10k off the Militech cred chip. All you have to do is not hack it until after you complete the Pickup mission (and not give it to Royce during the mission, obviously). There's a progress meter and it shows the money going into V's account.
Games almost never got patched back in the day. Once in a blue moon, I remember the local store would get some 3.5 inch disks with patches on them very rarely lol
Yeah, I remember getting patches off BBS and then FTP sites once I was in college every once in a while (~1990). Usually only when a complete game-breaker of a bug slipped through though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
shoutout to whoever recommended to not ignore the NCPD blue missions on the map as a money maker. Was blasting through those in about 5min each last night and made a ton of money. Got some decent loot out of it, too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, the baseball bat and "?" events are great. Not only is there always a decent amount of money there, you get a free cyberware of up to rare(?) quality from the bat ones and usually some good gear from the second part of the "?" ones. Far as I can tell none of it is random either, I've made a note of where I got blue armor and ex-disk mods and they are in the same spot each time I start a new game. Ditto for the first blue Overture revolver you can find, etc.

I started prioritizing those ones over the skull spots even, since the skulls are just crafting recipes that you generally can't even use until much later (or possibly even never).

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve been playing this on Series X using performance mode. It looks great. Few bugs, but nothing even close to game breaking. No crashes.

I don’t care too much about game difficulty, but I understand the complaints here. I haven’t spent an attribute point since near the beginning of the game and never used a perk point. I think I have 12 attribute points saved up and 27 or so perk points. Not really sure why I’m saving them, just haven’t needed them.

There’s something off about the atmosphere. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I think it comes down to two things for me:

1. The side quests don’t feel organic to me at all. I think RDR2, Witcher 3, and Valhalla all did a better job of having you happen upon side quests as you’re going through the story. Here, I feel like I have to make a conscious decision to hunt down side quests. The closest this game comes to organically introducing side quests is the phone calls. Hardly a creative/interesting way to get quests. And I get so many calls I usually answer and ignore them. I don’t actually do the quest until I’m in “side quest mode” just going down my list in the journal or finding whatever’s closest on the map and heading there.

2. It’s open world in the sense that you can drive around anywhere and there’s side quests to find etc., but I don’t think they did a good job of making the world feel alive. The non-quest NPCs have zero personality and say one line, at most, when you try to talk to them. I say “at most”because at least 25% of them don’t say anything even though it says on the screen I can press X to talk. Must be a bug. But it just feels like a bunch of mindless robots walking/sitting/dancing with an occasional quest NPC thrown in to spice things up.

At the end of the day, I still like the game. But if they were trying to raise the bar for open world games, I think they failed on that front. I’d call it on par with the open world games of the last 2 or so years.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah game could have been much more. They could have shelved release for another year and went through more polish and add in more meaningful side shit. There is plenty there right now but most of it is dumb, go here kill mobs, loot box type of shit that is 80% of the games open world.

I also think they could have spent more time fleshing out the character advancement a bit more, the interface, AI and also the difficulty curve. Petty much once you reach lv 15 and get one of the op broken ass weapons, the difficulty in this game is nil, even on highest setting. I would like to see lv above mobs heads and maybe even content that auto scales to your level, because there is so much of it, and you level so fast, its almost impossible not to trivialize 50% or more of the open world content.

Would of been nice to see more hidden shit like NPC you stumble upon and they give you quests. Its almost as if this game was made for the LCD, and everything is on auto.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don’t care too much about game difficulty, but I understand the complaints here. I haven’t spent an attribute point since near the beginning of the game and never used a perk point. I think I have 12 attribute points saved up and 27 or so perk points. Not really sure why I’m saving them, just haven’t needed them.

Seriously? You haven't run into unhackable terminals or doors you can't force open until you have more attributes?

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seriously? You haven't run into unhackable terminals or doors you can't force open until you have more attributes?
I have, but there’s always been a way around it. For example, there was an apartment I needed to get into. Could have done it with a couple more points in strength, but instead went out the window onto the fire escape and jumped across to another fire escape and went into the window.

Could be missing items or something by not hacking or forcing doors open. /shrug

faille

Molten Core Raider
Decided on my next playthrough to start with balances stats, and then not pick any attributes or perks. Figured I'd get to 20 or so, then create a good save point from which I can just try out any build I want. Hoping I can do it all in act 1

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah first time I heard of patching was EQ, my first online game.

Was “wtf is patch notes”

• 1Solidarity