Cyberpunk 2077

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wait is River gay? I thought Kerry was the gay option. There was an option to try and kiss him at the end of the quest but I assumed it was just lead to a very awkward 'uh im straight' moment, sorta like how Judy gets all huffy when you compliment how good her ass looks in that wetsuit but then parades around in front of you half-naked later despite not wanting to hook up.

Judy's quest being another great example of something I never would have done if I wasn't trying to get into her pants.
Lol he is not but it sure felt like he was hitting on male V.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The River quest is 2 main parts: investigating the death of the mayor, then trying to find a fucked up serial killer. The mayor thing introduces you to River, but opens up another subplot that has big implications in the game. Both quests are pretty well done.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Romance options in games are some absolutely silly shit that I have zero interest in. The Witcher 3 is the only game I can think of where the romance shit didn't make me gag.
The quest line isn't romance related at all - once you wrap up the quests you have an option to romance, or just bro it out. It's obvious when it happens and bro'ing it out with River doesn't affect the story at all.

The quest line to me was pretty L.A. Noire-esque and quite enjoyable for me, but my brother wasn't really into it. I thought it was engaging and well done.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The River quest is 2 main parts: investigating the death of the mayor, then trying to find a fucked up serial killer. The mayor thing introduces you to River, but opens up another subplot that has big implications in the game. Both quests are pretty well done.
V is not a superhero, he's a criminal. I mean sure they dilute the morality of the wetwork jobs by being sure to stress that they're all really bad guys, but you're still a murderer for hire. I wouldn't object to taking a job from a cop, but actually going on a B&E with a cop who I barely know at that point? And yeah I think you do have the option to bail on the quest but I'd probably bail on like 1/4th the side jobs if I was doing it based on common sense.

And yes, I did like the quest from an overall gameplay/design viewpoint.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Almost done with my 2nd playthrough (full on thug lezzy who abuses blunt weapons and gorilla arms - pretty fun!), and my biggest issue with the game currently bugs aside, is the lack of NG+ or just the lack of being able to continue after finishing the game period. I hope this is a priority as I'd like to get back into my original playthrough and wrap up a bunch of stuff in the city.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
He's a cop that you, a criminal, decide to become best buds with for no real reason aside from him being a romance option if you're playing chick V.
Legal and illegal is pretty flexible in night city.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Being an honest cop in Night City is tantamount to being a criminal, if that makes sense. In the game, almost the entire org is in the pockets of corps and is so underfunded, they just don’t give a shit because they can’t get anything done anyways.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I love that gig where you murder a good cop because her being a good cop is bad for business.

But V is totes a good guy.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mean, you can do that quest without killing her lol
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

• 8Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I may have an impulse issue, and no this is not all of them sigh.

photomode_29122020_154443.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The key is when she says stop and draws her gun, stop moving and talk to her. Then tell her you’re passing on a message and ncpd was behind this. She says fuck this city and you complete the quest and don’t have to kill her.

If you keep moving towards her, she starts blasting.