Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fortuna is easy to judge, since it's trivial to get to what should be 100% crit and it's immediately obvious that you don't crit with every bullet. The stat sheet doesn't update crit or crit dmg past the first one equipped either. It's also definitely not just a cap on crit, because you can reach 100% without using more than one Fortuna and every bullet/melee attack will actually crit. Only weirdness there is that the Kerenzikov katana does seem to crit every swing, but the Sandevistan one does not even if you have the additional 50% needed from other items/stats/perks.

Run speed, fall damage, etc. have no effect on the stat sheet either, even for the first one of each you equip, so those seem completely broken.

Stuff like the 25% damage to moderate/high threat enemies? No clue, and not like it matters when there's a dozen different ways to overkill everything by an order of magnitude already.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well after 90 or so hours I finished the game. Cleared all side quests and NCPD stuff, only thing left on the map were cars to buy.

I enjoyed the game despite the crashes and bugs, wish it was more polished obviously since it was annoying at times.

I thought the story was pretty cool, with a lot of interesting characters, the city itself felt amazing.

While I think it’s an amazing game, I think Witcher 3 was much better, it had what I felt was more interesting storytelling with more ambiguous choices where I didn’t know what to chose where in this game, I never really hesitated when choosing an option...choice felt clearer like there was a good and a bad choice where Witcher felt more like choosing between options that had bad consequences for someone no matter what you chose.

Still it was an awesome game, and looking forward to replaying it most likely when the PS5 version comes out, which is probably a while which hopefully means more stable, less buggy and overall more polished...and maybe more content too.

Great game, feels like it could have been better though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I finished my first play through only doing the main quest and thebNCPD open world ones. Didn't realize I was ignoring EVERYTHING else until I opened my journal for the 2nd time ever last night and saw a thousand quests. Laughed out loud and then went and did the quest that rewards Panams rifle.

Should I just start a new game instead of doing these after the fact? Whats the "funnest" build? Melee?

Jozu

Blade build is ridiculous.

But tech pistols is fun as hell too. Basically anything you want, except light machine guns lol. I think crafting is underrated, I have 20 tech and have made some incredible weapons. Crit grenades and ignore armor is preem.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If you build for cold blood 20 and stack crit+crit chance passive, its kind of like an all around build. Other than hacking of course. I think my choice would be 16 body, 14 reflexes, 18 tech so you can craft legendary, and 20 cold blood leaving int at 3. This basically gives you an all around build where you can pretty much use any weapon in the game since crit+crit chance is god tier stat. This also allows you to respec your perk points into additional weapon stats if you want. It costs like $100K to respec.

But I think If there was a really hard mode out there and I had to spec for the best. It would be the above tree, 16/14/18/20/3 with Doom Doom as my primary (yep still best gun because it shoots more than one bullet for shot gun effect), coupled with a shot gun for secondary (many good legendary shotties), and of course the ultimate katana in my 3rd weapon spot. If not katana then sniper. And I would roll my passives to give the best results for those weapons.

Of course now none of this shit matters because the game is EZ-PZ.

Also dont forget to level up ALL your skills. Even if you dont use them, because they still provide passives of their own and also perk points which you can then dump into either cold blood lv 20 crit perk or other weapon specs. Stealth for instance can be leveled up just by sneaking and dumping bodies into containers, yep, it even works when you do it after the fight. Only hard one I have not found a way to level up easily is athletics.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Game is easy, too easy, but a weird thing about some ai is they can be ruthlessly efficient depending on their position.

I've been one shotted coming around corner or climbing stairs by an enemy with a powerful weapon. But then on the next load that same guy is a non factor and gets obliterated. If AI was more consistent the game would be a lot better.

Vorph

Pointless theorycrafting ahead:

Cool past 14 (or even just 12 if you have Body >= 12 too) seems like some wasted points to me. I'd go with something like B18, R18 or 20, T18, I3, and C12 or 14 for a melee build. All Cool 14 really does is get you stacks of CB from crits instead of kills, and Reflexes 18->20 gives an extra 25% crit dmg which is probably overkill anyway. And Cool 14 lets you use Metabolic Editor and Heat Converter instead of Detoxifier and Fireproof Coating, which is a minor defensive gain. Only thing you get at Reflexes 20 for cyberware is legendary Synaptic Accelerator, doesn't seem useful for a melee build anyway.

I'd probably go with R20 and C12.

Another thing about melee, from what I understand attack speed does basically nothing, at least for katanas.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No, cool 20 with cold blood lv 20 perk lets you stack crit and crit chance per point spent, which is still best passive. And its for ALL weapons, not just certain ones, like the other trees have. So no, its not wasted. The tech 14 is only to equip that one implant where it allows you to dodge while in the air, so you can do the bunny hop thing. Jump--->dodge in the air, repeat gives you superman travel.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
OK, guys, I'm going to need some graphs of all of this
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

No, cool 20 with cold blood lv 20 perk lets you stack crit and crit chance per point spent, which is still best passive. And its for ALL weapons, not just certain ones, like the other trees have. So no, its not wasted. The tech 14 is only to equip that one implant where it allows you to dodge while in the air, so you can do the bunny hop thing. Jump--->dodge in the air, repeat gives you superman travel.
My reasoning:

Tech needs to be 18 or you're using a crappy store legendary instead of one of the iconic katanas. Probably Jinchu-Maru, then you can rely on Kerenzikov for all your slo-mo and use a Berserk OS instead of Sandevistan.

Reflexes has to be 18 for the best Kerenzikov+Nanorelays (and 16+ for Microvibration Generator, since epic Dense Marrow isn't actually in the game).

Body 18 is required to use the iconic Zetatech Berserk, plus Second Heart (16), Adrenaline Booster, and Bioconductor.

Leaves 12-14 for Cool and the unavoidable 3 in Int.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My reasoning:

Tech needs to be 18 or you're using a crappy store legendary instead of one of the iconic katanas. Probably Jinchu-Maru, then you can rely on Kerenzikov for all your slo-mo and use a Berserk OS instead of Sandevistan.

Reflexes has to be 18 for the best Kerenzikov+Nanorelays (and 16+ for Microvibration Generator, since epic Dense Marrow isn't actually in the game).

Body 18 is required to use the iconic Zetatech Berserk, plus Second Heart (16), Adrenaline Booster, and Bioconductor.

Leaves 12-14 for Cool and the unavoidable 3 in Int.

The problem is youre coming at this as a melee sword build. I can use whatever the fuck I want to use, pistols, ar, shotty, sword bat, whatever I want to use that day without a respec or reroll.

Reflex 18, useless because I dont use the Kerenzikov, like I said I use the Maneuvering System that gives you dodge while in mid air so I can glitch and run around like superman at 1000 mph and it only requires 14 reflex. Besides I dont like those dodge kerenzikovs anyway even if they fixed the bunny hop speed jump glitch. For melee I like that other implant, Zatech Sandevistan or whatever the fuck as your OS, that you hit E and time slows x amount for x seconds. Right now looking at my dude, I have a green one equipped that slows time to 75% for 8 seconds, which is plenty of time to sword a whole camp or at least most of them before they even have a chance to react. I suggest you try it over the useless berserk. But I have seen other better ones that slow time to 60% and last like 20 seconds or some stupid broken shit. And in 20 seconds you can pretty much kill a whole camp easy. Thats a way better mod than the Krenzikovs. I can do it when I want, not while im dodging. Which feels awkward to me.

And again cool 20 for merciless which gives flat 10% crit chance and 25% crit dmg, and every point you spend in it it raises crit chance by another 1% and 3% crit dmg which works for ALL WEAPON TYPES not just pistol or sword, or whatever. Plus it saves you points in other trees because you have crit chance and crit dmg covered.
You dont need berserk when your crit chance is already 100% from Cold Blood Merciless + clothes and other basic sources. Not just for your sword, but for ALL WEAPONS.

Body 16 is all thats needed for the one implant that revives you upon death. (Not that you die past lve 20 lol) Thats the BIS IMO that relies on Body. But were theo crafting the perfect dude if the game WAS hard right?

Tech 18 is a given for the iconic crafting at 50, youre just gimping yourself by not crafting all those lovely lv 50 legendary iconics which are the best weapons in game.

Anyway thats just my take on it, play what you want though the game is easy enough that none of this shit is necessary anyway right now.

Last edited:

Vorph

If being completely generalized is your only goal just put 20 into Int/Cool, and anything else is just a bonus. Then you could not only pick up any gun (legendary Short Circuit makes even LMGs not suck ass) but also use all the best quickhacks if you get tired of killing one thing at a time and want to clear whole buildings instead.

Re: Berserk, I think you're overlooking Beast Mode. I used Sandevistan on the first character I made; it's nice but after getting used to Kerenzikov while doing Beat on the Brat gigs on my non-melee builds I much prefer it for slo-mo. That's with gamepad though, dodging with the keyboard sucks ass.

Cybsled

Ya, I saw that. Neat easter egg.

The bug where that nice clothing shop doesn't rotate schematics sucks, though. Only good source for legendaries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user