Cyberpunk 2077

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even in the SR games they handle the Matrix way way better than this game -- its just plain garbage in its simplicity.

Well for starters you aren't playing a netrunner, and quickhacks aren't cyberspace. Second of all, Bartmoss destroyed the Net in like 2021 and it was never really rebuilt the way Shadowrun's Matrix was rebuilt in the aftermath of the 2029 and 2064 crashes. While obviously netrunning is still a thing, it requires those chairs you see periodically through the game (and potentially ice baths), you don't just hop in like you do in Shadowrun.

Cyberpunk Red/2077 is pretty dystopian compared to Shadowrun, and Night City is a particularly shitty place.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The quest where you find the painting from the ultra-rich space station resort. Did anything ever actually happen after that? I never got another quest. Also, the lack of closure on the mayor brainwashing one was also kind of annoying.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The system is inherently dumbed down how its described and implemented compared to SR via the Bartmoss netcrash etc. I'm guessing its by design because the creators don't think there's a way to implement it so I suppose its just a personal dislike of mine.

Its like uploading necromancer DoTs basically, just not a fan of it and it seems like there should be way more protection against netrunner types than there is.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The quest where you find the painting from the ultra-rich space station resort. Did anything ever actually happen after that? I never got another quest. Also, the lack of closure on the mayor brainwashing one was also kind of annoying.

I'm kind of hoping they add Orbitals as some kind of future DLC. That is, assuming there's anything left of their company after the various lawsuits, share crashes, etc.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It'd be really cool if they had kits in similar to Kingdoms of Amalur that matched the Cybepunk variant. Max out in Reflexes and get specific Talents to unlock the Solo tag, maybe even get a specific ability. Netrunner for Int, etc.

As it is, the Talents just feel a bit of a hot mess and it'll be ages before I decide on a "perfect" build.

Also, give me the ability to switch off headgear FFS. I'm struggling to look anything remotely like a badass in this game when I'm running around in bag-lady chic.

Let me pin locations to the map as well, it's tedious as fuck remembering where key Ripper Docs are or general points of interest.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Re: the first quest thing, as far as I can tell it's just vendor trash. It doesn't appear under junk, but if you go under your full inventory, it shows up with a 4k vendor price. I haven't found any quests that would use the item.

As for the 2nd question, I suspect they will address that in a DLC because it was a pretty huge plot point. Depending on how you finished that quest, you get a voice mail during the credits.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I wasn't really on the sober side of sober when I finished the game and don't remember the finer details. Regarding my ending:

I remember talking with Johnny and essentially giving him the "Sorry fella, I need my body and life back" speech. I didn't blow up Arasaka tower and I didn't kill Yorinobu. I always have subtitles turned off and had to scramble to turn them back on for some conversations, so I missed whatever Hanako told Yorinobu right when she walked up after I busted up all of his guards.

I think they took the shard out of my head and sent me on my merry way, but I honestly don't remember wtf happened. I thought I was going to get an opportunity to "rescue" Jackie and Johnny and blow up Arasaka after I let them pull the shard out of my head, but I just got a credit roll afterwards.

I'm assuming blowing up Arasaka is an option if you go along with Johnny? Is it basically just a video though show, or is it a real assault on Arasaka that adds more play time?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Well, corporations do run the world, just not in the direct way the authors envisioned (ie, corporation becomes the government itself).

Future predictions are always hard to do, because it is always going to be tainted by current events/developments and assuming they will continue on the same trajectory. Stuff like the Japanese corporations ruling the world was a direct response to the real-life instances of Japanese companies buying up US companies in the 80s. No different than the shit that goes on with China now, but at the time, no one was seeing China becoming some economic super power.

But that is also sort of the whole appeal of the Cyberpunk genre - alternate timeline where those trends in the 70s and 80s actually played out as hyped and created the world that fiction lives. No different than the Steampunk genre - the idea of Victorian Era being able to push steam and early electrical technologies to unheard of levels and the impact it would have on a still Imperial world.

I kind of miss the whole "The Japs are gonna own us!" from the 80s. Now don't get me wrong, I'd have prefered it if the West and the US in particular had remained King, but if some Asian country was destined to buy us up and rule over us, I'd have preferred it to have been Japan with it's code of honour, hard work ethic, neo-bushido and neo-samurai to China's deception, bat flu, dog meat meals and shit.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've had that thought before, too. I think it's because the authoritarianism from Japan seems more like a very strict American upbringing than authoritarianism elsewhere in the world?

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!

The painting can provide lots of cash. That was it. You can sell it/buy it back and make bank. Not that money is hard to come by...but ya know!

I hope the space station is part of FREE DLC they provide.

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I haven't been playing this game all that much, been really dissatisfied with the framerate and general video quality of the game on my GTX1060/6GB. I opted to try borderless windowed at 1280x720 with ultra graphics. It looks and plays great if I squint lol (getting 60fps)

Also the katana sword has pretty much ruined this game for me, I can dispatch an enemy with a couple of swipes and rarely use a gun.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I haven't been playing this game all that much, been really dissatisfied with the framerate and general video quality of the game on my GTX1060/6GB. I opted to try borderless windowed at 1280x720 with ultra graphics. It looks and plays great if I squint lol (getting 60fps)

Also the katana sword has pretty much ruined this game for me, I can dispatch an enemy with a couple of swipes and rarely use a gun.

Try the fix that was posted a few pages back, this really worked. Ran the program and got 20 more frames. Now my game runs at 60-70 fps on a 1070. Before I was getting 45-50. Does not look that much different except the only thing I noticed is finer textures like faces, etc tend to load when close by. I did the medium setting, but there is one thats even more aggressive they have set up for 1060s and lower.

Last edited:

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not seeing anything posted a few pages back but I had tried everything except adjusting my in-game penis size to save on vram :p

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Was China like that before they fell into communism?

From what I've read, it was a dodgy place. Very, very competitive. Since there were so many people and so few resources you had to be cutthroat in your ability, hence the lack of trust, and scheming to get away with as much as you could. To try and temper that, you had Confucisism, but it was still shit.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
But has ancient Chinese doctrine just disappeared whereas Japans has endured into modern times?

Or was China historically bankrupt?

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I have an issue with the ending's of a couple

When Alt splits Johnny and V why doesn't she just write the V engram to take over the body and rewrite the DNA like Johnny's engram did? Seems like that was retarded to say the body changed based on his engram and nothing could be done to fix. Also Alt says something that the host body has to be somewhat compatible with the engram right? If Silverhand was compatible enough to take over and rewrite V's DNA wouldn't the opposite be true?

• 1Like