Cyberpunk 2077

Cybsled

No different than other countries. Wasn’t the hypothesis that the Mao disasters caused most of this, since he caused millions to die of starvation and people became more stingy?

Cybsled

I have an issue with the ending's of a couple

When Alt splits Johnny and V why doesn't she just write the V engram to take over the body and rewrite the DNA like Johnny's engram did? Seems like that was retarded to say the body changed based on his engram and nothing could be done to fix. Also Alt says something that the host body has to be somewhat compatible with the engram right? If Silverhand was compatible enough to take over and rewrite V's DNA wouldn't the opposite be true?

Alt says the body changes basically overwrote or altered V’s DNA, which was due to the relic tech. I am guessing that while Alt could help with the software side of things, she couldn’t undo the hardware side of things

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was going to mention this earlier, but I thought maybe I was crazy or mistaken. But now I just save scummed to test it and i wasnt crazy.

There seems to be a bug in crafting legendary items. (maybe all items?) When you mouse over the recipe to build, it shows the dps and potential stats. But if you click off then click back on, sometimes it takes a few tries, the dps SKYROCKETS out of nowhere and lets you craft an insane version of whatever gun you were going to make.

I was looking at crafting the legendary version of panams sniper rifle and the first time i clicked on it it was at like 590 dps. After clicking off then on it again I saw it shoot to 1295 dps. I clicked off it then on again and crafted and it crafted the lower dps version. I re loaded, and clicked off it a few times again and this time crafted as soon as I seen it shoot up. I just made a 1561 dps overwatch with 209% crit damage and 20 bleeding chance and +100% ricochet dmg.

LOL what the fuck.

Vorph

All it's doing is rolling the various possible stats on the gun when you click repeatedly. A super high roll means it rolled crit chance and/or damage instead of the stats which don't factor into the gun's dps (stuff like charge damage, headshot multiplier, etc.). Those stats are sometimes stronger than the actual stats, especially if high dps means it rolls 100% crit instead of like 40% but you already have 52%+ from gear and perks.

And unfortunately, you're seeing the previous roll when you do the click thing, so when you actually craft it still rolls the gun another time. If you got the super high dps roll you wanted, it was just blind luck that the game happened to roll the same thing twice in a row.

Jozu

I dunno it seems borked. I just spent 15 minutes trying to craft the headsman purple shotgun. The "base" recipe is 545 damage or so, with +20 crit chance, 140 crit damage and 31 % bleed.

I clicked off and on it like I said and the highest the dps went up was to 980. Everytime i tried to craft the better version I would get a 790 dps with similar stats. After 7 attempts after re loading, I was just resigned to the fact that thats the best I was going to get for that gun. ( i wanted to try diff weapons instead of legendary) So I ran off and jumped out of the corpo building balcony and died. I didnt think I would die from the height I was at but I did.

SO It brought me back to my save before I attempted the headsman craft job. I tried one more time on the 980 roll and lo and behold, it created a 1292!! dps headsman with BETTER stats (+40% crit chance +160 dmg same bleed). That cant be fucking normal.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Got around to finishing this today. Mostly enjoyed it but all the weird balance issues with AI and crafting, and lack of interactivity kinda brought the game down in the end. Got my money's worth though, hopefully a year or two of patches and DLC can bring it around. Really feels like they cut content too, the montage in the beginning and some characters needed more screentime(mostly Evelyn).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I was intrigued when I saw it in game now gonna have to try to make it at home

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I like that dude, but as someone that bartended for a bit, his sloppy pours activate my OCD.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just beat it on hard mode and never spent around 45 perk points. Not so much a flex as a testament to how borked the balance is lol. Clearly wasn’t the emphasis though on their dev time which is fine for a single player game, I’d rather have the cool world and quests.
the endings really leave a lot open too; Like who the hell is mr blue eyes and also he was there during the peralez quests which were some of the coolest side quests. Definitely needs to be a dlc for that

Cybsled

With a few exceptions, you can more or less link the V lives endings into a singular core narrative for continuation (obviously with different characters alive in some and not others, and dif romances).

Rogue ending shows Mr Blue Eyes thinks they can solve your body problem due to Arasaka resources they acquired during the shit show. Nomad ending they confirmed they looted lots of Arasaka stuff during the raid and have potential interested parties, which probably goes back to Mr Blue Eyes. Arasaka ending where V chooses to go back to Earth has the royal family wanting you to do jobs for them. They could easily have Mr Blue Eyes use you to get access to Arasaka stuff from the other 2 endings. I think ultimately everything will come back to Blue Eyes and the Perelez mind control shit, which people suspect is rogue AI. My guess is the next major expansion DLC to continue the story will focus on that

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It will also probably tie in to Alt and her trying to keep the rogue AIs at bay too, or maybe she wants to release them not sure.

Is that what the voodoo boys want as well? Access to the rogue AIs behind the black wall, either to release them to spread chaos or just as blackmail to gain power over the corps. They could def expand on the voodoo boys storyline as well, and the Bart moss collective storyline too.

Cybsled

The head Voodoo Boys woman seemed to basically want to ally with the rogue AI past the wall because they wanted to be on the winning side. If you add up all the different plot elements in the game, a lot points to a rogue AI conspiracy.

1) Cohh Carnage's avatar goes on rants about overlords from Alpha Centauri. In Neuromancer, one of the plot points features an AI from that star system.
2) We know Netwatch, in the background, has been trying to find rogue AI (like Alt). The data that agent was getting in Pacifica, presumably from the Voodoo Boys trying to get past the blackwall, was so valuable to him that he was basically to give you whatever the hell you wanted just to keep that data secure
3) Yorinobu is revealed to have wanted to sell The Relic to Netwatch, which puzzled a lot of people as to why. The most important element of the relic is that is allows engram constructs to inhabit a human body. He seemed bent on destroying the company and even the world when pressed to it (Devil ending)
4) Voodoo Boys were convinced a war was coming and they wanted to side with the AI, because they believed they would win
5) The brainwashing/mind control plotline is even suggested by Johnny to potentially be the work of rogue AI.
6) Mr Blue Eyes is probably either a rogue AI in a body, or is working directly for them
7) Alt wanted to destroy Mikoshi, but the real prize from that was she wanted to absorb all the engrams in order to evolve herself (much like Delamain evolves when you combine all the AIs+Delemain into a singular entity)
8) Side plot point, but people are mystified on how Delemain was able to maintain a license to operate in the city, considering the AI fears, so someone is pulling strings behind the scenes

This is my theory:

Netwatch is being run by a rogue AI(s) and the whole organization is a long con. They are also the same ones behind the brainwashing shit, and Relic tech would be useful because it could potentially allow them to insert themselves into human bodies/take over hosts (AI would still benefit from having a real world presence and having human "machines" to use would be easier than having to takeover a full robot). I think Alt represents an X-Factor and Netwatch is trying to hunt her down because she runs counter to the plans of the other rogue AI faction for whatever reason (she was an AI born from a human's mind could maybe be why?). The expansion DLC will probably explore this and you'll be forced to choose between the different AI factions, or pick neither and side with humans only.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Ran into my first game breaking bug tonight. I was doing the side mission "The Hunt," and when I got to the part with River where you have to watch the Brain dances, it wouldn't update the quest and allow me to exit the BD. I even went on YouTube to make sure I was getting all the info, and I was. So I loaded an earlier save, redid the BD, and this time it updated and allowed me to exit the first BD, and start the second, only to have the exact same thing happen on the second BD. I tried reloading several times, but it would never update the fucking quest and allow me to proceed. I tried it at least 10 times, took almost an hour of my life, and wound up having to abandon the quest altogether. Needless to say, as far into that side quest as I was, I was super pissed off that it was broken and I had to abandon the fucking mission. I may give it one more try again tomorrow, but this was the first critical bug that I ran into, and I hope it's something that they're aware of and gets fixed in an upcoming patch.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ran into my first game breaking bug tonight. I was doing the side mission "The Hunt," and when I got to the part with River where you have to watch the Brain dances, it wouldn't update the quest and allow me to exit the BD. I even went on YouTube to make sure I was getting all the info, and I was. So I loaded an earlier save, redid the BD, and this time it updated and allowed me to exit the first BD, and start the second, only to have the exact same thing happen on the second BD. I tried reloading several times, but it would never update the fucking quest and allow me to proceed. I tried it at least 10 times, took almost an hour of my life, and wound up having to abandon the quest altogether. Needless to say, as far into that side quest as I was, I was super pissed off that it was broken and I had to abandon the fucking mission. I may give it one more try again tomorrow, but this was the first critical bug that I ran into, and I hope it's something that they're aware of and gets fixed in an upcoming patch.

Only problem I had with that quest is I couldn't figure out how to get out of the first braindance. Turns out I just had to hit X.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Only problem I had with that quest is I couldn't figure out how to get out of the first braindance. Turns out I just had to hit X.

Nah, this wasn't a matter of hitting any buttons, it literally just froze on me at the end when the teacher turns into a cow. Said it was the end of the brain dance, then just froze. I thought I had missed something, until I reloaded an earlier save, and then the next time through, it showed me the updated files and I was able to exit the brain dance and start the next one, only to have the same issue again at the end of the second one.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder when they plan on updating this for the PS5 or at least optimising it so it doesn't crash every hour or so.

I'm starting to get distinct Warhammer 40k: Space Marine vibes from this company. Hope it doesn't end up going the same way.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nah, this wasn't a matter of hitting any buttons, it literally just froze on me at the end when the teacher turns into a cow. Said it was the end of the brain dance, then just froze. I thought I had missed something, until I reloaded an earlier save, and then the next time through, it showed me the updated files and I was able to exit the brain dance and start the next one, only to have the same issue again at the end of the second one.
It froze for me there as well but a reload fixed it for me.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I wonder when they plan on updating this for the PS5 or at least optimising it so it doesn't crash every hour or so.

I'm starting to get distinct Warhammer 40k: Space Marine vibes from this company. Hope it doesn't end up going the same way.

I haven't had any issues since the last patch - well, not as bad anyway. It was every hour up until the past patch - now it's almost non existent. Seeing as we have so much space on our SSD's (I literally have to delete games to run an Apex patch) you may want to double check to make sure the latest patch didn't get stuck and you ran out of room. Should be in your notifications or if you manually update. If you are at the latest though, that sucks.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

What?

You think CDPR is going to shut down?