Cyberpunk 2077

Cybsled

These fucking children just need to shut the fuck up, no one cares about your opinions. "I was 2 years old in the late 90s, I have zero context about the whole cyberpunk genre!!!"

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Nice too see it getting ripped a new one in the comments for that article. Hopefully it will kill itself. With a katana.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

my-god-its-full-of-cringe.jpg

• 1Worf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't sure I wanted to buy the game, but now? It's one of those "Buy the game while half-erect" type of things

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i didn't get a chance to watch that gameplay video until just now. i'm INCREDIBLY excited, obviously. i tried to get into dues ex, but the controls felt unintuitive, which this seems more straight forward.

also, i love that they blurred out the nudity during character select, but then 30 seconds in they show a fully naked woman for like 3 minutes straight. good times

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Uh...is there any actual content in this article?

From the demo's opening mission, in which you have to rescue a woman from black market augment harvesters - think organ trafficking but in a far-future dystopia - the game's script was full of tonally iffy dialogue. It was packed with gratuitous swearing and vulgarities, which substantially undermined the amazing work that CD Projekt Red’s environment artists and level designers have put into ensuring that Night City is, as the developer said in the demo, the most convincing open world ever made.

Cyberpunk 2077: The script needs a major upgrade | British GQ

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

From the demo's opening mission, in which you have to rescue a woman from black market augment harvesters - think organ trafficking but in a far-future dystopia - the game's script was full of tonally iffy dialogue. It was packed with gratuitous swearing and vulgarities, which substantially undermined the amazing work that CD Projekt Red’s environment artists and level designers have put into ensuring that Night City is, as the developer said in the demo, the most convincing open world ever made.

You can't get good content from actual games related websites, and you expect to get some from GQ? Their one and only purpose is to generate clicks. An easy way of doing that is to spout lame bullshit about the most anticipated game of the past ~5 years.

That said, I don't disagree that the little bit of storytelling we saw wasn't all that special, but it's way too early to form an opinion on such a small (unfinished) section of it.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even OAG lost their fucking minds talking about the game.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...-with-the-cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-demo/68130/ (OAG is somewhat NSFW, for those who aren't aware)

Horseshoe theory in action I guess. The article is so terrible that I was going to archive it, but it lost all the pictures and that makes it much less clear just how much of a retard Billy D was being when he wrote it.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Anyone who criticizes a game's writing using a phrase like "tonally iffy" should have their hands cut off.

Edit: OMFG...

"the source material, which is the tabletop board game Cyberpunk 2020."

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone who criticizes a game's writing using a phrase like "tonally iffy" should have their hands cut off.

Edit: OMFG...

"the source material, which is the tabletop board game Cyberpunk 2020."

i guess i'm just impressed it wasn't written "bored game"

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Taking a wild guess here, but maybe it's to replace "you guys" and "you people" as those would be the same as raping someone?
Ah, didn't think about "people" excluding otherkin. Definitely don't want to word-rape all those top tier societal contributors now do we?

• 1Like