Cyberpunk 2077

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
This gender choice shit is so fucking stupid it hurts my brain. These motherfuckers are so ignorant they don't get that at character creation you are choosing your avatars PHYSICAL GENDER, not SEXUAL IDENTITY. It's fucking simple, you get a dick or a cunt, period. Just like real life.

And why the fuck are they picking on this game in particular?? What about every other game? What about games that don't let you choose a gender at all?? I can't play Tomb Raider as a man! WAAAAHHHHHH!
Eh, flip those.

Physical sex and gender identity. The first is biologically determined, the second is social bullshit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
n719a75e6ej11.png

iOOti

I wonder if chaos chaos will EVER live that down.

Probably not. Would have helped if he had owned and not run from it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
And why the fuck are they picking on this game in particular?? What about every other game? What about games that don't let you choose a gender at all?? I can't play Tomb Raider as a man! WAAAAHHHHHH!

It's a big, highly anticipated game, so professional victims have the opportunity to score more oppression points by going after it.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I had never seen "iOOti" before and had to google it. The first result is a page on the Michael Brown thread of this forum.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's a big, highly anticipated game, so professional victims have the opportunity to score more oppression points by going after it.

They score zero points by choosing to target a single game and ignoring all the rest. It's just doubling down on the stupidity.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't even know where to start with how impressed I was by that gameplay reveal video. Dayum.

I also wonder how our "professional victims" behave towards trying to land roles in a theater production or equivalent. You're assuming the role of another person, not projecting yourself into it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
iOOti

I wonder if chaos chaos will EVER live that down.

Probably not. Would have helped if he had owned and not run from it.

Didn't he quit the forum after getting shit on for a while?

I think part of the success of these games and why they're good is that this is a Polish(?) company that just focuses on good story and a fun game instead of all the political leftist bullshit that so much of the rest of the industry is focused on. The marxists haven't invaded Polish gaming yet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I had never seen "iOOti" before and had to google it. The first result is a page on the Michael Brown thread of this forum.

I've been here a while and never understood the iooti reference :(

• 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>
Didn't he quit the forum after getting shit on for a while?

I think part of the success of these games and why they're good is that this is a Polish(?) company that just focuses on good story and a fun game instead of all the political leftist bullshit that so much of the rest of the industry is focused on. The marxists haven't invaded Polish gaming yet.

omnobVt.jpg

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That T is great. Would like to wear that on a night out.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I've been here a while and never understood the iooti reference :(

Don’t want to derail from this awesome game but the SJWs brought this fight and not the other way around.

iOOti is home brew reference local to FoH meaning: “it’s only on the internet”.

When the whole gamer gate/SJW thing first got started, chaos chaos was pretty insistent that this was a vocal minority thing and that because he hadn’t personally witnessed these whackadoo behaviors, that it must be confined only to the internet; ergo iOOti.

He was repeatedly given examples of this nonsense breaking into the mainstream and he repeatedly stuck to his stubborn mantra that it does not exist in the real world.

Flash forward to today: every major release (and even minor ones) are run through the SJW filter of, is it diverse enough? Can you play a trans hero? Are there too many whites people? Are there too many men? And if there are, it’s “problematic”.

Shit even Witcher 3 took heat for being too white despite being deeply rooted in Polish mythology, where surprise, there were no black people.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Wouldn't be surprised if they just change gender to sex on the character creation screen. Honestly I'd laugh, they can then say "you can identify with infinite genders now!" All the while laughing at these morons.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope they just continue down the road of sanity and do not cave to the SJW idiocy.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I hope they just continue down the road of sanity and do not cave to the SJW idiocy.

It's hard to say. Their GOG team caved into some stupid SJW shit a while back and even sent over some of their PR people to the resetera forums (neogaf take two) to grovel to them about that Postal 2 debacle, and called GG an "abusive" movement, and the CDPR folks apologized after that tweet about assuming gender. They could just be appeasing them, but then it's just one close step to pandering.

Personally, I'm not worrying about it as I want to enjoy the games, but will stop buying them the instant I see that they're pandering to all of it.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Just add the 10,000,0000 gender tag to character creation as a flavor option and make it mean jackshit in the game. When people complain about it, simply reply that in the future this is set in, no one gives a shit about that, so there is 0 reason to bring it up in conversation.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users