Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blame that on people that bitched about Witcher 3 main story being too long. It is like they took quests out of the main story and made them side missions to cut the time down.
Witcher 2 crybabies were even worse. You'll never see another game from them that has anything remotely close to the player choice and story branching that 2 did.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xerge

<Donor>
I can't remap the interact button. controller only game I guess?

The fuck is this trash. Glad I pirated first.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you had 25 to 30 crashes, it means your PC is shit. Some being a cheap ass and upgrade your rig. Most people who aren't playing this game on a system from 2011 have had very few minor issues only. And if you're playing on a console, I don't even know what to say aside from the fact that consoles suck and you should be a man and buy a PC.
That's bull. Is my desktop latest and greatest? No. It isn't shit either. I spent ~2000 eurobucks a couple of years ago. The game runs great (60+ fps) on medium settings. I don't care about ultra wtf bbq graphics. Every other game I run doesn't crash. In fact, if I sum up all the crashes on all the PCs I've ever owned, CP2077 still comes way way ahead.
Someone asked earlier if I kept playing after all the crashes (300+)... Yeah, there were very few *random* crashes, and very few bugs. 95%+ crashes I knew they were coming: 3-4sec after starting the game, mirror refections in cinematics, and #1 by far: selling crap to vendors. Whoever wrote that total piece of shit dialog, eff you: it's adding your and vendor's items 1 by 1 into the dialog and doing a full screen refresh for every single one of them, and if you have more than it fits on the screen it still keeps doing it for every one of them. And with every sold item (which triggers full inventory repopulation) it keeps lagging more and more , you can start seeing the refresh in slow motion, until it goes byebye (or it survives with a 5+ sec hard freeze on dialog close, but you know the next one is gonna get you). So yeah, quick save and sell some , goto 10, restart game (at least it loads very fast on my SSD).
It is a good game IMO, I wouldn't have kept playing it otherwise *but* obviously there is (was? I havent't patched v1.2 yet) something that's bothering it with my configuration that no driver updates, patches (I've uploaded at least a 100 reports) or tweaks would solve.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Witcher 2 crybabies were even worse. You'll never see another game from them that has anything remotely close to the player choice and story branching that 2 did.
Was it really player bitching, or was it just inevitability of more efficient game design? The more choice and branching you allow, the more you're splitting your dev time between content that not everyone is going to play. Bioware games started losing their significance of choice even before EA bought them out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have to wonder whether all the crashes on consoles, including PS5, have caused any damage to the machines. I'm including screen freezes necessitating hard resets here.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have to wonder whether all the crashes on consoles, including PS5, have caused any damage to the machines. I'm including screen freezes necessitating hard resets here.
Enjoy your $1.58 compensation on the future class action lawsuit.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I really like this game, and look forward to giving it another go in 6-12 months.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ok I threw the new patch notes into excel after the 531 bugs from the first patch. This one had 503 lines so it's now up to 1034 bug fixes total. So the total number per patch went down by ~5%. if they can lower the line items at their current rate of 5% lower per patch the game should be down to only a couple thousand bugs in 20 more patches. If the next patch is much smaller maybe they can get there sooner!

Both patch notes ended with 'and many more' so no idea what that represents.

1618229917995.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
c.jpg

Hotfix 1.21

Hotfix 1.21 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

In this update we focused on further improving the overall stability of the game and fixing the most common issues that could block progression. Here's what changed:

Quests & Open World
  • Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer... where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear's body temperature.
  • Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the "Send a crew" shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
  • Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
  • Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.
  • Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.
  • Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
  • Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
  • Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
  • Fixed various issues with enemies clipping through objects and floating in the air in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation.
  • Fixed an issue in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation, where progression could be blocked due to enemies being stuck in a hangar.
  • Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
  • Fixed Johnny's appearance in various quests.
  • Dennis' car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
  • Players can now enter Dennis' car from the right side in Big in Japan.
  • Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
  • Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
  • Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura's van in Down on the Street.
  • Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura's hideout in Search and Destroy.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player's car if it was parked in his way.
  • Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the "Wait for a call from distressed man" objective after player failed the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder's ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.
  • Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
  • Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
  • Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.
Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player's back.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
Visual
  • Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.
UI
  • Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
  • Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
  • Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance
  • Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
Console-specific
  • Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
Stadia-specific
  • Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Would love to play this... Can't find an xbox anywhere!
My kids been hunting for one too, all he comes up with is summer at the soonest, unless you camp the websites and faster than a bot. Hes got one of them discord things ringing him and they are all pretty much sold out before the shit loads on his phone.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
My kids been hunting for one too, all he comes up with is summer at the soonest, unless you camp the websites and faster than a bot. Hes got one of them discord things ringing him and they are all pretty much sold out before the shit loads on his phone.

Just blows my mind it's 4-5 months out and they still can't keep up with demand!!!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just blows my mind it's 4-5 months out and they still can't keep up with demand!!!
PC has the same problem with the 3000 series of Nvidia graphics cards.

I think it will only get worse as relations with China get worse. The shortage for computer chips is being felt across the whole spectrum of electronics now.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Ok I threw the new patch notes into excel after the 531 bugs from the first patch. This one had 503 lines so it's now up to 1034 bug fixes total. So the total number per patch went down by ~5%. if they can lower the line items at their current rate of 5% lower per patch the game should be down to only a couple thousand bugs in 20 more patches. If the next patch is much smaller maybe they can get there sooner!

Both patch notes ended with 'and many more' so no idea what that represents.

View attachment 347706
Yeah, but how many of those latter 503 bug fixes were fixing bugs introduced in the patch before? 🤔

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah im hearing the auto industry is now suffering too, lol.
Get prepared to pay above new car msrp on used cars. Discord’s to alert you when a 2017 Honda Civic goes up for sale. Xexx Xexx selling 2021 RAV4s at scalper prices, local pickup only. Haus Haus thinking about upgrading his 1983 Plymouth Reliant.

It’s going to get crazy.

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I played the game, and obviously im no game tester or whatever, and maybe I have a higher threshold with this shit before it bugs me. But I recall only a handful of bugs, none really game breaking, mostly shit being out of place, npc doing weird shit. Other than that game played fine, on PC at least. Biggest shit that bugged me was how the cars handled in game. That was probably my #1 gripe. Oh and again, how easy the game got later.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i remember this dumb ass bug i had, i was being chased by cars and after a set amount of time, i blew up and died. i was like "did i not shoot all the cars, why do i keep on dying at this specific time"

so i google and turns out you MUST have an assault rifle equipped or you will die...

so i equipped an assult rifle, and yea, i got passed that checkpoint, literally wtf