Cyberpunk 2077

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Wait what? Seriously? With all the bad PR and the CDPR refund announcement AND the Sony PSN refund announcement only 30k people followed through out of almost 14 million? You’d think they’d have at least 130k, just 1%, play the shit out of the game then refund request it a month or so later just to spite CDPR. I just can’t believe that number, only 30k.
I'm shocked, SHOCKED that the vocal ree minority who went around the internet, Redditt and twitter chicken littleing this game like it was the worst video game of all time made by phobic shit lords didn't follow through on refunds and CDPR made a bajillion dollars. It's almost like siding with the smooth brains over at Resetera puts you, without fail, on the wrong side of history every time.

That said, given the amount of REEEEE this game generated in December I'd have thought that # to be far higher as well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
CDPR had an investor meeting and revealed some interesting info

they were basically bragging about how much money they made lol
That’s what investor meetings are for. Brag about how well you are doing so investors don’t sell, and new ones buy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What happened will not effect the money this game made all that much. They released to early and they know it.

What it WILL Effect is there next big title. That is the money they will lose. I know I have no plans of advanced purchasing another one of their games. I will wait until the general consensus says the game is everything it was supposed to be and then happily purchase it.

2077 was not bad and it had its great moments but it was not even close to what they had promised. The city was supposed to be "Alive" with unique NPC's that were fully interactive. The NPC AI was supposed to be the next great thing.The city was supposed to be fully accessible. Every door was supposed to be open or breakable/hackable. Every decision made by my character was supposed to create consequence to my actions. None of that was true in the game.

Bugs aside, they did not develop the game they hyped. That in the end is what will hurt them for the next game.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The city definitely needed more dynamic content, even just adding a basic life cycle like Oblivion had in 2006 would have given it a much needed layer. I didn't notice it as much my first play through, but on my second and third, the illusion had shattered and it became glaring. The police system still isn't fantastic and could have a lot more life to it. I'm definitely worried the big pay day is going to get misinterpreted as a seal of approval, instead of being seen as the sign we are interested and want more than what we got this time.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What happened will not effect the money this game made all that much. They released to early and they know it.

What it WILL Effect is there next big title. That is the money they will lose. I know I have no plans of advanced purchasing another one of their games. I will wait until the general consensus says the game is everything it was supposed to be and then happily purchase it.

2077 was not bad and it had its great moments but it was not even close to what they had promised. The city was supposed to be "Alive" with unique NPC's that were fully interactive. The NPC AI was supposed to be the next great thing.The city was supposed to be fully accessible. Every door was supposed to be open or breakable/hackable. Every decision made by my character was supposed to create consequence to my actions. None of that was true in the game.

Bugs aside, they did not develop the game they hyped. That in the end is what will hurt them for the next game.
Some of the shit was promised, no doubt, but it was the fanboys too that are at fault for hyping this shit beyond anything that could be produced in reality. Which lead to a hype train of mass proportions, as is evident with sales numbers. I honestly dont think CDPR could ever match the level of hype this game spawned over the years preceding it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Some of the shit was promised, no doubt, but it was the fanboys too that are at fault for hyping this shit beyond anything that could be produced in reality. Which lead to a hype train of mass proportions, as is evident with sales numbers. I honestly dont think CDPR could ever match the level of hype this game spawned over the years preceding it.
But wasn’t the fan boy hype based on statements made by CDPR? Can’t really fault people for being excited by the company’s promises.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont purchase preorders or early access unless it has rave reviews (ie. Valheim). I cannot imagine I'm alone in the fact I didnt purchase the game simply based on reviews. I want too, but after everything thats been said... I'm just going to wait a while. So if it had good reviews at release, I wonder how many more conservative customers would have bought the game? There is no doubt in my mind that they are working on something like Hearts of Stone that will address most of these issues and add a pittance of content, followed up by a true content DLC like Blood and Wine. When that first DLC launches, Ill probably get the game then and be far happier about the game than I would be if I bought it now.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Some of the shit was promised, no doubt, but it was the fanboys too that are at fault for hyping this shit beyond anything that could be produced in reality.
Call me crazy but a game with a $300 MILLION dollar budget that was in development for nearly a decade should not have any of the kind of bugs it had at release. The ridicule was rightfully deserved.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I bought into the hype, not the pre-release hype but watching streamers play it. I was jelly and lets face it, gaming has been rather dry in the past 6-8 mos. So yeah I bought it, but I never regretted my purchase either.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Call me crazy but a game with a $300 MILLION dollar budget that was in development for nearly a decade should not have any of the kind of bugs it had at release. The ridicule was rightfully deserved.
I mean, im not going to apologize for these dudes, but I think its a case of bit off more than they can chew type of thing. They bought into their own hype, lol.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
PC has the same problem with the 3000 series of Nvidia graphics cards.

I think it will only get worse as relations with China get worse. The shortage for computer chips is being felt across the whole spectrum of electronics now.
Screenshot_20210422-212026_Facebook.jpg

• 1Pathetic

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The same people that didn't get a refund will be the same group loudly complaining the next time a game comes out unfinished and buggy they don't understand why game companies keep releasing them.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
most ppl probably didn't even know you could get a refund, since you normally can't get refunds on games

I'd agree with this statement, most people don't even know about patch notes even though steam puts them on the home page of your library. There are always a ton of questions and posts created on discords and forums about shit that is answered in the patch notes every time a new patch comes out for any game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'd agree with this statement, most people don't even know about patch notes even though steam puts them on the home page of your library. There are always a ton of questions and posts created on discords and forums about shit that is answered in the patch notes every time a new patch comes out for any game.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

yaph

Molten Core Raider
The bugs were real but a distraction of the games bigger flaws. The world was lifeless, the story was weak, and the crafting system was atrocious.

Game should have been the adventures of V and Jackie and how they accidentally found themselves involved in the mayor election and mind control subplot.

With all that, I didn’t mind buying the game. It just should have been a lot better than it was.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I don't think it was so much the world felt lifeless, but that people were really expecting a much higher level of interactivity.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
No, lifeless is the word. Everything was basic motions and no attempt to make the world feel alive. The little things in all the R* games that just add layer upon layer of immersion create a sense that is unrivaled in any other game and CERTAINLY in this one. People made fun of the horse balls shrinking in the cold but that attention to detail makes the world LIVE.

NC is like the most basic mannequin cyborgs populating a dead town. Between that and the shitty traffic the whole place is a pretty prison. I can't play too long before it gets to me and I have to quit. Because I WANT it to feel like GTA. I want that immersion because the city IS beautiful but man did they fuck it up. Unless they spend years correcting it at the most basic level, it'll never live up to it's potential, and that sucks, because I was hoping for a real online experience.

Oh well. On to the next disappointment.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
While I loved the game more than most, I do agree that the city itself could feel more "alive" and immersive. You start to notice the same characters walking around the streets pretty quickly, which seems like lazy development. Also, I was expecting more of a faction system involving the different gangs, and even with the police, which I think was promised, but obviously not delivered. I would love for them to continue to develop this game and make the city more interactive and immersive. I think that's something that they should absolutely be working on. I'm still also waiting for the multiplayer, which I'm very disappointed hasn't been implemented yet.

That being said, I do understand that in the end it's a business, and that after a half a decade of development, they wanted to release the game and start making some money. I don't fault them for that, but I do hold them accountable to the fact that they haven't updated the game at all almost 6 months post release. I know they've had a few patches to fix bugs, but I think a serious content update is necessary. A lot of the areas of Night City were obviously not finished. I think at the very least they could work on those parts of the game and give players something to look forward to. I'm not asking for a full DLC yet, but at least finish the parts of the game that were obviously not completed at launch.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I want them to make W4. Cyberjunk is sunk cost.

they can't make a proper W4 any more because Geralt is not woke enough for the mainstream, plus they said they're done with his story. They'll most likely need to make W4, just because how shit 2077 was at the launch, and still is when compared to what was promised/hyped up. Just so they can somewhat redeem themselves. But the main protagonist (whoever it may be) will be watered down for me masses for sure, and that is bad. Or even worse, they make a "strong female main character"

• 1Picard