Cyberpunk 2077

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Especially when it involves a studio that has made some crazy popular games while at the same time paying their employees like shit. The fact they don't get poached more heavily from is really the only surprising thing.

I used to speak with a freelance dev who did some work for them; supposedly even though they didn't pay well, they were good to their people in other regards. Kind of the opposite of Disney (pays well and has great benefits, but expects 60+ hour workweeks).

I guess it depends on whether one wants MONEY, DEAR BOY or QoL.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'd say it's relative. East Europe salaries are biggest in the IT sector by far compared to any other field. Need to understand that $40k a year is huge fucking money in Poland and Polish companies poach tech talent from Russia and Ukraine/etc constantly.

• 1Like

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Unlike everybody else, I hope this doesn't come out soon. My system can't handle it and RDR2 has proven to me again why I fucking HATE anything shooter on a controller. My i5 2500k is like a beloved relative at this point, I don't want to get rid of it.

• 2Like
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah, I'll be building a new PC at end of year for RDR2 PC and Cyberpunk. No real expectations of release before that though.

My current PC is from 2011 with a 970 in it :p

• 1Solidarity

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Upgrading from a 2500k myself heh, 2011 build that I threw a 960 in a few years ago.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My balls tingle every time there's a new post in this thread, but then I see it's just PC peasants lamenting their hardware

• 10Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 10 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Alright if they make a gun controller for this game I'm in 100000%. What the fuck.... We haven't had a gun controller in like 20 goddamn years.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
duck-hunt-2-920x518.jpg

This is the one upcoming game i'm buying on release. Even if i have to buy a gun to play it.

Of course if you think about it, we were shooting ducks with a pistol.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If they do a gun and VR at launch I'm going to blow my load on the best buy cashiers as I'm exiting the store with my new Vive.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure they have ruled out VR at launch but not all together.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
VR's just not ready for a game like this. I realllllllly wish it was though, because this would make for the perfect industry forming flagship product.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea. Dom is spot on.

If VR was on fire 2077 could be the milestone digital media entertainment platform that creates the impetus that leads to a Ready Player One esque type of scenario developing.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Upgrading from a 2500k myself heh, 2011 build that I threw a 960 in a few years ago.
I feel like there are at least a dozen or so people I've heard talk about that exact setup, myself included. Quite a few here on the forums, and other friends I've talked too. Crazy how popular that card was, and how we all just kept rolling with a 9 series card to leg it out a little further. Lol

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they do a gun and VR at launch I'm going to blow my load on the best buy cashiers as I'm exiting the store with my new Vive.

Please don't jizz on me (I haven't worked at register in years so it's unlikely) :emoji_umbrella:

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like its a day one buy for me regardless if it has VR or a gun! :p

But after watching that video, I get a very strong vibe that we're going to have PVP implemented in a way that includes a Battle Royale in the existing city. Several different PVP modes along with that one. A complete cosmetic shop where you can change the look of your character in a huge assortment of ways. Ranging from a swappable face, arms, legs and torso. Much less skins for your weapons. Different classes that have different weapon armaments and more. Its not a bad thing per say, but I just hope it isnt the focus of the game after it releases.

• 1Like