Cyberpunk 2077

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
What can you do in Cp2077 without following the main story? As I've seen most of it via streamers, I'm not interested in it much at all.

EDIT: you have to follow the main story to The Heist and once you meet Takamura at Tom's dinner, the three primary quest lines open up and you are free to do anything you want.

All the Fixer Gigs, NCPD Scanner Hustles and side quests (like Rivers quest line, Judy's quest line, Claires quest lines, Johnny's quest line, etc). Not of that is really needed for the main story. Not to mention collecting all the vehicles, unlocking all the apartments, etc.

There is connected content found in the lore than gives rewards. Finding all the Iconic weapons to complete your Stash Wall.

Anyone who says there is nothing to do outside the main story has not actually played the real game. If you do every Gig NCPD, and side quest in the game, its about 90 hours of content. The main story is maybe 20-30 hours give or take. The rest of the city has tons to offer.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I mean there is lack of side quests kinda like skyrim had. Not full blown stories but just hey go here and do this. There was a few like this, I forget what they were called, when your jobs dude for that particular area would get on your phone and tell you go do this when you got near one of them. But they were far and few between. I remember a few like rescuing that doctor chick, so you go in there clear out the thugs and find out shes operating on one of the thugs and you then have a choice of helping her (get some blood pack for her off the table, or just kill him and get her out of there) There were also a few I remember where you had to get a van full of goods from a camp and deliver it to some garage. There were a few others that had you hack into computers inside enemy base and retrieve infos. Or the dude that got the penis implant and it went bad so you had to drive him to ripper doc.

Then there was the whole car racing thing, then you had the boxing matches. Oh and ther was also the psychos too. There was SOME shit there to do other than story.

But yeah the rest was clearing out places called out by police and a few full blown nests of organized gang hang outs which yieleded some of the best weapon crafting schematics.

Yea, this is not quite accurate. Regina has 22 gigs alone. Also there are gigs with followup quests, like Sinnerman. From what I am reading on this forums, many people who have played this just scratched the surface.

Some things, like saving Bugbear or if you chose to save Brick early in the game, had an effect on things you do later in the game. The side quest Kold Mirage was pretty cool and is a follow on (also takes you back to Dex's body where you can get a Iconic gun for your wall, 'Plan B'.

Or the iconic Gun 'Skippy', where you choose the mode and after a number of kills ( this is not told to you in game, it just happens ), he remembers who his owner was and you have to choose to return him or keep him for your Stash wall.

For example, the racing car thing was part of Claires quest line. Some gigs are quick one off's like the penis dude, but in some cases there are things that get later unlocked. I went for the achievements where you complete the game 100%. There is a lot more content there than people just miss out on.

Should mention there are 5 or so endings, with a hidden bonus one. Games not for everyone, but I had a blast.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I never 100% this game nor do I intend to, but I also never said this game was lacking content. I had like 2 playthroughs one of which I stopped like 1/2 way through to start the second and I have close to 180 hrs in this.

1662504236163.png

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The street preacher side quest outside Misty's is pretty cool/funny too. Once you hear all his story's, you unlock the quest.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
JP is the storyline continuation I would most want to see, and could easily tie into that title. (LW was intriguing too - was this the same sort of scenario, or incipient cyberpsychosis? The writing was vague - or maybe that's just Grimes' voice acting.)

Despite the main storyline having you deal with dolls, JP was far more Interface (novel) - Wikipedia than The Public Eye (Dollhouse) - Wikipedia. Frankly, how the Cyberpunk Dollhouse operates was one of the biggest questions in the universe, unless its explained in the source books (I was on the Shadowrun side of the fence).

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd like them to revisit cyberware and its in-game appearance. For anyone who played Cyberpunk 2020, Hardwired, or any other pen and paper Cyberpunk RPG I'm fairly certain the inability to have a nice chromed limb or full Lizzy Wizzy experience is pretty disappointing.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah old school Anarchy Online had a good implant system they could have borrowed from.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The street preacher side quest outside Misty's is pretty cool/funny too. Once you hear all his story's, you unlock the quest.
Downside of that is you have to listen to all of CohhCarnage's dialogue to get to that point.

Noticed "ps4" is absent. Keke.
Yeah, ps4/xb1 support being dropped is the best news of all.

Or the iconic Gun 'Skippy', where you choose the mode and after a number of kills ( this is not told to you in game, it just happens ), he remembers who his owner was and you have to choose to return him or keep him for your Stash wall.
Skippy was cool, but so damn annoying/confusing. First you have to select pacifist, then you have to say you aren't sure you made right choice after 50 'kills' and it will switch to the mode that actually does huge damage permanently... but then 3 days later you get that quest to give him back to Regina, which you have to accept but then never actually complete. If you try to refuse the quest to give him back he just screams BAD USER at you and becomes too irritating to use.

Plus there were bugs that caused him to get stuck in the wrong mode even if you did everything correct. Not sure if that ever got fixed.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah old school Anarchy Online had a good implant system they could have borrowed from.

It's funny how this hasnt been adopted. It was a great system, had a ton of flexibility. Implants + buffs allowed some crazy things. And its another entire progression system for people to chase. Yet no MMO or other game has done it(at least that I have played or really red deeply about).

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean to me these games are all about the loot and character progression. Yeah the story shit is cool and all, and I did like the stories in this game, but its not what hooks me into the game. I like the feeling when the character is actually getting stronger by items, levels and skills and the deeper and more varied that system and items are, the better. Again I think they missed the boat on the armor, guns are just bigger numbers, not enough variety, but not as bad as the armor. Implants definitely could use more variety and depth too as mentioned above. Crafting system in this game, they might as well remove it it was so shit.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Say what you will about Bethesda, but they really ruined me with the whole "open world, do what you want" feeling. Like Skyrim, spend 1 and a half hours doing the main quest til you unlock shouting, then the world is yours. You never really have to think about the main quest again and can spend dozens of hours just exploring and doing what you want. I wish CP77 was like that too, a huge fucking city to explore, quests and interesting shit going on everywhere, but alas.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm so glad I stopped playing at release and waited until now. This game has quickly turned into one of my favorites over the last couple weeks. I hit the 'point of no return' and I'm now working on finishing all the gigs, sidequests, etc. Really enjoying it, though I feel my tech weapon build feels very overpowered, blasting dudes through walls. Makes me sad they had such a controversial launch. They should've ditched the Xbox One and PS4 a long time ago. Hyped for the expansion for sure.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Say what you will about Bethesda, but they really ruined me with the whole "open world, do what you want" feeling. Like Skyrim, spend 1 and a half hours doing the main quest til you unlock shouting, then the world is yours. You never really have to think about the main quest again and can spend dozens of hours just exploring and doing what you want. I wish CP77 was like that too, a huge fucking city to explore, quests and interesting shit going on everywhere, but alas.
This game has that feeling. Youre never stuck on any quest unless youre doing that particular step. You can walk away anytime from a quest line and do other shit, then come back to it. But yeah Skyrim was on another level with all the side quests (close to 300 quests total) and sheer amount of areas (over 600 unique areas) and the huge ass map you could explore. There was always another cave/ruin on your radar that was unexplored.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I heard they opened up modding and mod tools. Don't know anything about it or how robust the toolset is but if anything could turn it around for 2077 it's easy modding.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

If that is the case, then you know Lovers Lab is probably going to be one of the first mods lol

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
God if that's true then it could transform the game. I hope they will be able to mod the AI and create a more persistent world (i.e. cars don't disappear when you turn your back on them).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's funny how this hasnt been adopted. It was a great system, had a ton of flexibility. Implants + buffs allowed some crazy things. And its another entire progression system for people to chase. Yet no MMO or other game has done it(at least that I have played or really red deeply about).

not the first time funcom innovated. TSW has yet to be borrowed from either. Id put TSW original systems over anarchy online.

Either way they have a track record of engaging build systems/prog across multiple game releases.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
not the first time funcom innovated. TSW has yet to be borrowed from either. Id put TSW original systems over anarchy online.

Either way they have a track record of engaging build systems/prog across multiple game releases.
TSW I probably the coolest progression system I've ever experienced in a game. I played it for a long time, and the fact that you could learn every single skill and then just mix and match was amazing. I stopped playing before Japan was released due to being busy at work, and finally got a chance to fire it back up and then they shifted it over to Legends or whatever the hell.

All the crap that I had unlocked didn't transfer over, and I never touched it again. I played the damn thing back in beta and that release, it's still to this day probably my favorite MMO. Fusang valley PVP on the weekends with a couple of buddies was always fantastic. I don't remember what server we were on, but we were all Templar, three of us had a good combination of builds we used to test out, simply going in wreck people. Swords and chaos magic was my schtick, and used to run what I called the AIDS build. I don't really remember what it entailed, but it was a lot of damage back upon your attacker, and dots.

God damn it was such a fun game.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users