Cyberpunk 2077

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Will be fun to play this again. Haven't touched it since beating it at launch.

Pretty sure the build I used then(hacker, that just spread plague via cameras through the whole floor/building) is nerfed to ground.

May try actual guns this time or maybe melee.

I’m in the exact same position, haven’t touched it since release and was playing the same build which was fun but trivialized the game. I always planed on doing another play through With different build, and making different choices, I was a pretty nice girl, who was polite, and did the right thing most of the time. Most likely going to play as a guy and be an asshole...so myself. :)

Cybsled

Will be fun to play this again. Haven't touched it since beating it at launch.

Pretty sure the build I used then(hacker, that just spread plague via cameras through the whole floor/building) is nerfed to ground.

May try actual guns this time or maybe melee.

Apparently monowire is getting updates to be the netrunner/hacker weapon of choice - you'll be able to upload free quickhacks if you are close enough. Hacking will also get a new ability called overclock where if you run out of ram, you can basically spend health to cast quickhacks.

Update will also be adding some cyberware limits, so you can't just equip every slot in your body without consequences

They're also nerfing healing items - there will be a cooldown, so you can't just spam heals anymore to survive. Guns will also use stamina to fire, so there will be a limit on how much you can fire a weapon before you get tired.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Update will also be adding some cyberware limits, so you can't just equip every slot in your body without consequences
In the pen and paper game you lost "humanity" with every cybernetic upgrade you got. First making you cold and unfeeling then into cyberpsychosis.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently monowire is getting updates to be the netrunner/hacker weapon of choice - you'll be able to upload free quickhacks if you are close enough. Hacking will also get a new ability called overclock where if you run out of ram, you can basically spend health to cast quickhacks.

They're also nerfing healing items - there will be a cooldown, so you can't just spam heals anymore to survive. Guns will also use stamina to fire, so there will be a limit on how much you can fire a weapon before you get tired.

Cool. I'll do some research before I start again.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Guns will also use stamina to fire, so there will be a limit on how much you can fire a weapon before you get tired.

Upgrade your guns to keep firing your guns.

yo dawg.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>

This sounds like it will be an entirely new experience when Phantom Liberty hits, and I am down for it. Its been a long time since I have played; On the PS5, I was right at the end before the long wait and Johnny made his choice to not make a choice; I am going to start a brand new game on the PC this time from scratch and see how it turns out.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I remember crafting providing significantly better gear that it was hard not to incorporate it into my build.

Cybsled

This sounds like it will be an entirely new experience when Phantom Liberty hits, and I am down for it. Its been a long time since I have played; On the PS5, I was right at the end before the long wait and Johnny made his choice to not make a choice; I am going to start a brand new game on the PC this time from scratch and see how it turns out.

I think they mentioned for the Phantom Liberty DLC that if you decide to start a new game, you can choose to skip the intro until past the part where you have to get the robot as part of your heist of the relic if you want.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I think they mentioned for the Phantom Liberty DLC that if you decide to start a new game, you can choose to skip the intro until past the part where you have to get the robot as part of your heist of the relic if you want.
That would be great. Overall looking forward to this dlc and revamp.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like this will totally be worth a playthrough when the DLC drops. I also haven't touched it since launch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That's retarded.
Yeah, that sounds awful. I don't even remember any really large guns that could even begin to make sense on. It will be so exciting to have to take a five second pause after firing a clip of my Comrade's Hammer pistol. I hope they rethink that or it's not as dumb in implementation as it sounds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Some of the gun specific trees have stamina usage reductions I believe, so I suspect they're trying to force you to pick specializations more since the new skills are less "do 2% more damage" type of things and more things that actually change how abilities work. You'll be able to have unlimited skill point refunds and they'll give you 1 attribute reset per playthrough coming up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could see it for a huge missle launcher, gatling gun or other large weapons, but if its something like a pistol, smg, rifle, its just a way to slow the game down(and a round about way to make it harder).

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
100% going to be using melee or mantis blades again. Felt much more satisfying than any of the guns. Hope monowire got a glow up too.

Fadaar

That guy
game kinda ran like ass on my 1080ti but once i got a 3090 it was infinitely better. didn't even change any other hardware at the time either.

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Monowire might be fun. Will see. At least it matches the theme of the game. Also will be fun to see the game on a more modern machine, instead of the old ass i5 6500+ 1070 I played it on.

I always personally felt using something like a sword or war hammer, would just be weird in a game with sci-fi guns.

Why the hacking route was so interesting. It melded with with the overall feel of that game so well.

Cybsled

Ya, all the melee shit is getting updates. There will be a new skill tree (relic tree) that buffs a lot of the melee skills. Like monowire - you can shoot the wire out and it connects to a person and will upload a quick hack. But with a certain relic skill, if you do that and then attack the person you uploaded the quick hack to, then the quickhack becomes AOE on every enemy nearby you hit with the wire.

Gorilla arms getting a skill that lets you AOE knockdown stuff, Mantis blades get a skill that is an improved pounce that cripples enemies and has a high dismemberment chance on hit. Plus they're adding finishers for melee I believe.

There is also an Edgerunner skill you can get (that is literally the name of the skill) that lets you install more cyberware than normally allowed and you can occasionally get a frenzy buff that makes you do apeshit damage, although not fully cyber psychosis.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I could see it for a huge missle launcher, gatling gun or other large weapons, but if its something like a pistol, smg, rifle, its just a way to slow the game down(and a round about way to make it harder).
A roundabout way to make it conform more closely to tabletop. My dude in CP was switching freely between all the firearm types, katanas, and mantis arms, normally a character will have a single combat form they're specialized in and maybe a backup skill if their primary is prone to being completely neutralized/useless in certain situations.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A roundabout way to make it conform more closely to tabletop. My dude in CP was switching freely between all the firearm types, katanas, and mantis arms, normally a character will have a single combat form they're specialized in and maybe a backup skill if their primary is prone to being completely neutralized/useless in certain situations.

Yeah I just did hacks and had a pistol for backup :p

Never played the tabletop, so couldn't comment there. Will have to see how it works out, since in just the wording its sounds terrible.