Cyberpunk 2077

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't even remember there being any inventory issues in this game at release. Compared to Witcher 3 it was nothing. What little there was (weapon mods and consumables) is still the same now. Just have to not pick that shit up and then you don't need to deal with it. I will say that money is VASTLY easier to come by now though. I had enough to pay off Vik after doing like 2 gigs before going near the main story missions. I think it's somewhat offset by how much more you end up spending on cyberware now, but I'm pretty sure they overcorrected by a lot in spite of that. Plus before there was actually stuff to save up for to use to be OP at the start, like getting a legendary deck before the heist. Now all that shit's level gated and even if you have a pile of eddies there's nothing to spend them on. I guess the biggest effect will be that it'll be really easy to afford all the cars in 2.0.
Well I'm not constantly going through my inventory looking at random clothes I picked up for tiny changes in stats, and I haven't run into a single weight issue...
the main character only makes retarded decissions.
You've met people, right?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Money in 2.0 seems FAR easier to come by as well. I've only done the most recent item dupe for a total of an extra 10k credits but I'm already sitting at over 85k just playing through the Playing For Time and a few NPCD events. I haven't even started grinding the Gigs yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well I'm not constantly going through my inventory looking at random clothes I picked up for tiny changes in stats, and I haven't run into a single weight issue...
Should at least check new drops you get for face and chest slots. Masks can give resists, cyber headsets give quickhack speed, body armor vests give armor, tactical vests can give reload speed, etc. I've hit the weight limit a few times from picking up guns, but that's mostly because I tend to sell white and green drops for the cash since you end up swimming in those mats regardless.

Money is definitely easier now though, like I was saying yesterday. I set my save up for PL by doing almost everything in Watson besides All Foods and the heist, and even after paying off Vik I had well over 200k eddies. I also don't recall being L13 prior to All Foods in any previous playthrough either, and this is basically the same way I did it every other time. Already like 28 in Netrunner and 19 in Headhunter skills too, which is funny since the conversion process on my two endgame saves that had most of the old skills maxed didn't give me over level 40 in anything.

Edit: 21 Street Cred too...that always was fast to raise, but not sure it was *that* fast. Downside is that everything used to be street cred gated and you could go equip OP decks and other cyberware but now I don't even know what street cred does at all. Cyberware in particular is all level-gated and unlocks every 10 character levels. I'm pretty sure you can't go get legendary quickhacks right at the start of the main game (post-heist) either. Rewards for access points also appear to be purely based on your character level regardless of how much int it takes to hack a particular one. Plus you'd need a legendary deck (L40?) to equip the quickhack anyway.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Should at least check new drops you get for face and chest slots. Masks can give resists, cyber headsets give quickhack speed, body armor vests give armor, tactical vests can give reload speed, etc. I've hit the weight limit a few times from picking up guns, but that's mostly because I tend to sell white and green drops for the cash since you end up swimming in those mats regardless.

Money is definitely easier now though, like I was saying yesterday. I set my save up for PL by doing almost everything in Watson besides All Foods and the heist, and even after paying off Vik I had well over 200k eddies. I also don't recall being L13 prior to All Foods in any previous playthrough either, and this is basically the same way I did it every other time. Already like 28 in Netrunner and 19 in Headhunter skills too, which is funny since the conversion process on my two endgame saves that had most of the old skills maxed didn't give me over level 40 in anything.
I prefer to push the MQL through Playing For Time before I start the gigs in Watson so I don't miss any of Johnny's comments during them.

Edit: Also cyberpsychos are no joke in 2.0. They are tougher than most bosses.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I prefer to push the MQL through Playing For Time before I start the gigs in Watson so I don't miss any of Johnny's comments during them.

Edit: Also cyberpsychos are no joke in 2.0. They are tougher than most bosses.
My berserk melee build is fucking them up. Only ones I need to be careful on are the mech suits.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
My berserk melee build is fucking them up. Only ones I need to be careful on are the mech suits.
Melee builds will do well against them. My netrunner build is too squishy right now to deal with them when they close in. I'll need to upgrade my deck and daemons.

Vorph

True, I should probably have left the gigs alone and just cleared the NCPD spots.

In hindsight it seems like selling greens was a mistake too, since I now see that I can upgrade my shit to rare much earlier than I can buy T3 stuff at the docs. To do so requires a ton of white/green mats and then using the crafting recipe to upgrade them to blue.

Once you get to T3 deck you can equip a T3 sonic shock and stop all that tracing nonsense by putting it first in the queue. Not sure if that will help with cyberpsychos finding you before you can put them down safely, since I am a couple rare mats short atm. I also wish I could see the stats of the T3 decks in game. At T2 the Militech starter one was still the best choice but I have a feeling that will change after the next upgrade.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Found some interesting hacks, not sure if they were in before this patch but suicide tier 4 just dropped. Description force to put gun in mouth and pull the trigger.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Speaking of cars bought the gecko for off-road but it is my go to car. Fast as fuck and not nearly as squirrely as cars that are same speed. Armor and guns are bonus as well.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Are cars actually decent now? When I played it seemed absurd to drive anything except a motorcycle. They handled so much better and went super fast.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did they improve mouse/keyboard driving for cars? I used bikes the whole game because cars were a pain in the ass.

Cybsled

Found some interesting hacks, not sure if they were in before this patch but suicide tier 4 just dropped. Description force to put gun in mouth and pull the trigger.

Suicide has always been around, it was just rare
Are cars actually decent now? When I played it seemed absurd to drive anything except a motorcycle. They handled so much better and went super fast.

Cars feel like they handle better than bikes now. I tried to use my Akira bike and the turn ability on it was pretty bad, I kept going up on the sidewalks. Didn’t try Jackie’s bike yet

• 1Like

Vorph

Very important thing to avoid doing:

Having the relic glitch stuck on for the rest of the game would be even more irritating than the old Delamain phone bug was at release.

Car suspensions are still really squirrely. Even on city streets you can start bouncing to the point where it's impossible to control without pretty much coming to a full stop first. Some cars that used to be good (Shion Coyote) are not great anymore. Some cars that used to be uncontrollable (Caliburn) seem much better now. Motorcycles have issues climbing hills and even some highway on-ramps, and if you go into a corner too fast, forget it. The old way of using e-brake to slide around will just make things much worse. I still like Jackie's bike for weaving through traffic in the city, but it's definitely a lot harder to control than it used to be. Bikes are still mostly useless outside the city, but with the Shion Coyote being ruined too I'm not sure what the best option out there is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Damn, that's disappointing to hear. I actually really enjoyed riding the motorcycles, especially the e-brake sliding around corners. Bummer.

Vorph

This was annoying to test, so hopefully it helps someone else getting started as a netrunner build:
Cyberpunk 2077-2023_09_25-16-07-35.png
Cyberpunk 2077-2023_09_25-16-04-33.png
Cyberpunk 2077-2023_09_25-16-02-37.png
Cyberpunk 2077-2023_09_25-15-58-35.png

No sign of the Raven deck yet. Rippler would be so nice if it was the other way around, non-combat followed by combat. I don't think it works to do Overheat then Sonic Shock though, pretty sure you'll get the trace that way. Which makes Arasaka the best for now I guess? 2 cost Sonic Shock is a lot more bearable, though it also makes the other effect the deck has useless... and there's no damage bonus at all. I think I'll give Rippler a test run first just to see if I can make it work.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Having the relic glitch stuck on for the rest of the game would be even more irritating than the old Delamain phone bug was at release.

Car suspensions are still really squirrely. Even on city streets you can start bouncing to the point where it's impossible to control without pretty much coming to a full stop first. Some cars that used to be good (Shion Coyote) are not great anymore. Some cars that used to be uncontrollable (Caliburn) seem much better now. Motorcycles have issues climbing hills and even some highway on-ramps, and if you go into a corner too fast, forget it. The old way of using e-brake to slide around will just make things much worse. I still like Jackie's bike for weaving through traffic in the city, but it's definitely a lot harder to control than it used to be. Bikes are still mostly useless outside the city, but with the Shion Coyote being ruined too I'm not sure what the best option out there is.
Happened to me, didn't notice right away. Ended up downloading the remove silverhand glitch mod from nexus to fix it because nothing worked.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Cannot say the quest option does not warn you....

This needs to be fixed..yeah.

Vorph

Gotta say, this is the most pathetic Twitch drops campaign I have seen any company do so far. Even mobile gacha games aren't this lame.

Not only are the items doled out one at a time, you can't even get the jacket until the middle of next month. And on top of that, there's a sniper rifle (iconic Ashura) that's only available if you gift two subs on one of the big channels (same limited set of streamers who can give out the helmet). So $10 for a single weapon when the expansion itself was $30.

The worst part is that in my testing the Ashura doesn't even work in 2.0. It just shoots flat and misses most of the time, while every other smart gun I have can still arc shots just fine. Bunch of reddit posts saying the same thing too. I assume the bug will affect the retarded twitch version too.

Last edited: