Cyberpunk 2077

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I was apparently shadow banned or some shit from this thread for some reason. Can a mod undo that or at least explain how I offended someone with mod rights?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I was apparently shadow banned or some shit from this thread for some reason. Can a mod undo that or at least explain how I offended someone with mod rights?
Don't see any evidence of an action on your account. What do you mean shadow banned?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I don't see this thread in the sub forum. I only see if its the most recent commented thread or I search for it. I don't have the thread on ignore or anything that I can see that would make it behave this way.

It's been like this since back when the game was released and I was active in the thread.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So it sounds like the run of the mill stealthy netrunner build doesn't work anymore (due to intentional changes compounded with some bugs that likely won't be fixed right out of the gate). There's all sorts of weird shit going on with the way the trace mechanism works now.

Anyone else done any testing of monowire? So far I'm seeing:
  • Scales entirely with int. Increasing reflexes does nothing.
  • It does not appear to be a blade anymore. I took all the blade perks and my stamina usage and attack speed is unchanged.
  • It's also not a melee weapon. Dense Marrow cyberware does not increase its damage and attack speed anymore. Microrotors don't increase attack speed either. This really sucks.
  • Killing fools with it gives Netrunner skill XP. Using the finisher you have to unlock with a perk seems to give extra.
  • Biotech Mk4 seems like the best deck. +25% monowire damage vs. enemies that have a DoT on them, and pretty much everything about the deck is built around DoT hacks. Probably best to swap to the toxic monowire in this case too? Bought it but haven't tested it yet.
  • For starting fresh, keep in mind that the first monowire doesn't unlock at ripperdocs until level 10.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Melee is incredible once you get the leap on a heavy attack and double jump/dash.

Feels like I'm clearing areas much more quickly now compared to using rifles.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think they mentioned if you use the new game "skip to DLC" feature, you end up just past the part where you get the robot for the Relic heist.

Although that does have me wondering - considering there are some choices you're forced to make during that part, I wonder what choices the game automatically makes for you in terms of Miltech and the Maelstrom crew.
HUh? Thats like the second mission in the game, lol. Actually the first REAL mission in act one. Like skip what? The tutorial and saving the iced bitch? Like 30min to 1hr?

Last edited:

Cybsled

Oh never mind, it looks like it picks up post-Relic Heist. I had read some incorrect information.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Oh never mind, it looks like it picks up post-Relic Heist. I had read some incorrect information.
I figured you'd have through The Heist before any story changes started occuring. That entire sequence of quests is just too tightly written to really change much.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
What sharpening level is everyone playing this on?

Also caved and decided to do GeForce Now for the 4090, because I just can't bring myself to give Nvidia $1,500 for a GPU the size of a PS5... Greedy homos. 100+ fps on RT Ultra on 1440p. Oh well, it's worth the $20 for the month I'll play the game.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Btw this is on sale on Steam right now for base game and expansion at 60 bucks. Expansion by itself isn't on sale.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm just had a crash. Was just getting into my car to drive off and crashed to desktop.

Cybsled

Found the secret playable "Wolfenstein 3D" game. If you fast travel to the protein farm and then head north from that, you'll see a small wooden church with a garage with a car next to it. If you go in the church, you'll find the arcade machine.

It's fucking rough, though. Not sure if it has secret doors like Wolf used to have, but healthpacks seem few and far between lol

meinlamen.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game is actually fun now that I'm not spend 80% of my time in the inventory screen.

Also holy shit it looks fucking ridiculous on my OLED G8.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Its weird starting over again with all the changes to the systems and such. I still hate Jackie though.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm having a blast running around with a katana. Deflecting bullets to hit enemies is just so satisfying.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Apparently in the DLC, there is a shop in Dogtown that you can buy iconic weapons from. So if you missed shit like the dildo or the doom doom weapons because of ingame choices, you can at least still get them later.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some of the writing is so cheesy in this game but I can see myself having loved it i my late teens. It’s actually kind of cute in a way because this is a great demonstration of what naive Eastern Europeans consider to be ‘hip’ American culture and diversity (ie guys like Jackie). If there was any attempt at realism going on then Jackie would be day gigging as a roof repairman and painter