Cyberpunk 2077

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
As long as the story is interesting enough to keep me moving forward. GTA was so much driving around I’d play the story for a while get bored of driving point to point then just spend hours driving around killing pedestrians and ramping shit before getting tired of it.

Stealing helicopters so I didn't have to do that took a significant amount of my playtime.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hrmm witcher three was massive with a lot of horse riding around but there was also a bunch of stuff to do every few minutes of travel. My guess is yes you can drive around but instead of GTA V where it was “look how far you have to drive, because the world is so massive” it will be more compact and driving around will just constantly unlock interesting locations.

For how many POIs witcher 3 had very few were copy and paste combat encounters. They good at this and I trust them to do the same here.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hrmm witcher three was massive with a lot of horse riding around but there was also a bunch of stuff to do every few minutes of travel. My guess is yes you can drive around but instead of GTA V where it was “look how far you have to drive, because the world is so massive” it will be more compact and driving around will just constantly unlock interesting locations.

For how many POIs witcher 3 had very few were copy and paste combat encounters. They good at this and I trust them to do the same here.
That’s my hope as well.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If this game is anything like GTA 5 it will be a roaring success. GTA5 is old as fuck now, but its still a fantastic game and was by all accounts quality. But I think it will have much more of an RPG feel to it due to the different choices one can make with upgrades and weapon types and mods.

So Witcher 3 plus GTA 5 plus Dues Ex?

• 2Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
This ia 10 bucks off on Amazon ATM.
Thanks for this, between this and rewards credit I preordered for 16 bucks, my video card needs an upgrade so I just snagged the ps4 version, but will get the free upgrade to PS5 whenever I make the plunge (or whenever it releases on the next gen consoles)

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I’ve never even heard of resetera before this, but I looked it up and found the thread you’re talking about. What is it, a forum for SJW gamer trannies? Seems like a bunch of loons.

edit: found this, guess that explains it. Bunch of fuckin’ zeroes.

It's a website/forum created after the pedophile running neogaff was busted being paedophile.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
GTA 2077, anyone who says otherwise is a fool, blinded by fanboyism. It's not like it being a GTA type game is a bad thing, clearly people like those types of games.
If this wasn't from CD Projekt Red nobody would question it.

biggest sustained criticism so far is the combat is lacking compared to expectation

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
If this game is anything like GTA 5 it will be a roaring success.
Yep. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it being a GTA 2077 with a deeper character development, set in a cyberpunk world, and more than one option/way to complete story missions. This is exactly what the game sounds like it's going to be, GTA 2077, and it will be a game of the year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yep. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it being a GTA 2077 with a deeper character development, set in a cyberpunk world, and more than one option/way to complete story missions. This is exactly what the game sounds like it's going to be, GTA 2077, and it will be a game of the year.
I'll probably feel disappointment, but I'll also probably still play it anyways

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
amazon xbox/ps4 $50 pre-order

if you already pre-ordered from amazon before, don't cancel, amazon now gives you the lowest price of the pre-order history, so i pre-ordered in june for 60bucks and it automatically kicked it down to 50$ today

if you know youre gonna buy the game, then pre-order, unless you want it zeroday, but we're all getting old and lazy, and i just love having shit shipped to me.

• 2Like

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they wanted this to be GTA 2077, I think they would have built the map differently. A lot of the volume comes from the different floors in at least some of the buildings. And, since I doubt we’ll be driving inside the buildings, that doesn’t leave enough space for a GTA type game.

I’m hopeful that the driving here will play a similar role to riding your horse in Witcher 3: transportation and immersion. It’ll just be a lot more fun.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If they wanted this to be GTA 2077, I think they would have built the map differently. A lot of the volume comes from the different floors in at least some of the buildings. And, since I doubt we’ll be driving inside the buildings, that doesn’t leave enough space for a GTA type game.

I’m hopeful that the driving here will play a similar role to riding your horse in Witcher 3: transportation and immersion. It’ll just be a lot more fun.
That's what it looks like it is, not really sure the GTA comparisons are fair and think it'll end up off the mark. They've said time and again this is an RPG first, story driven

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user