Cyberpunk 2077

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
All I want is a decent RPG experience that utilizes the tech stuff, and to make a hot female character with a big ole cybernetic dick that NPCs will actually comment on. Anything else is just a bonus.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I think I was expecting a different game than most people here were since what was revealed was pretty much EXACTLY what I expected.

It’s basically a reskinned Witcher 3, and by that I mean an open world RPG with a bunch of point of interest on the map, a mostly linear main quest with a bunch of side quests with some meaningful decision. All that wrapped in a futuristic setting with guns and hacking rather than fantasy with sword and magic.

I’m as hyped as ever. :)
Same here. Looks awesome...not sure what people were expecting either.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure there are gonna be a lot of people disappointed by this game, mainly because of unrealistic expectations.

a year plus marketing campaign that started off selling this game as some monster open world life size city do what you want fantasy will sell a billion copies, but definitely fucked expectations

• 1Truth!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Same here. Looks awesome...not sure what people were expecting either.

I was expecting it to be more open world and non linear, like just play the game however you want in an open, living city. I guess more like GTA or Zelda: BOTW, where you can kind of beat the game in any order you see fit. But it sounds like from the guy's 16 hours with the game, a lot of what you can do is pretty linear, with a lot of exploration blocked behind quest walls. Like I said, I really hope I'm wrong.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It's exactly what they said (though not marketed) from the start. A deep, story driven RPG. I'm excited as shit, and back in full hype mode after reading these impressions (and watching the incredible trailer yesterday). The fucking last thing I want or wanted was another Assassins Creed/GTA/FPS#500 hybrid. Those games have their place, and are perfectly fine games but give me a story, traditional RPG elements, and a memorable cast of characters ANY fucking day over that mundane bullshit that EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. tries to be now.

Give me vintage Bethesda, Red Dead Redemption 1, original Mass Effect games and it sounds like that's exactly what they did, coupled with the best visuals I've genuinely ever seen in a game.

As to their marketing, well they're trying to flog as many copies of this as they can, and the best way to do it is to market it like GTA/FPS#1000 to all the fucking retards. Those retards will probably disappointed, but gotcha bitch, already got your money.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now sure about others, but I am just more excited. I wanted a more RPG focused GTA in a sense. And that seems to be what it is. I love the futuristic setting too, fantasy is fun but basically everywhere and this will provide a very nice change.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
1605899310709.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I think everyone is watching different videos of this game or something. One person thinks it looks like a WoW clone. Someone else says it looks like a re-skinned Witcher. Game doesn't look anything like Witcher, and the WoW comparison is retarded. Hell, I think it looks like a better looking Serious Sam. This shits a first person shooter folks, I'm not sure what gameplay videos your all watching.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
for now, i've cancelled my pre-order. I've tried so many huge "open world" games based on hype and advertising. Are they good... yup! Am i ever going to play more than 10 to 15 hours before i just put it down... Nope. This seems to fall into that category. I can always get it later after i really hear what it's like.... Probably for cheaper too :)

• 1Hodjing

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Think I can make RTX Ultra, interested to see the DLSS implementation on this game (5900x, 3080, 32gb ram).

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I think everyone is watching different videos of this game or something. One person thinks it looks like a WoW clone. Someone else says it looks like a re-skinned Witcher. Game doesn't look anything like Witcher, and the WoW comparison is retarded. Hell, I think it looks like a better looking Serious Sam. This shits a first person shooter folks, I'm not sure what gameplay videos your all watching.

Dude flat out said if you're going into this hoping it's a solid FPS, you're going to be disappointed. Learn to read.

• 1Faggotry

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Sorry I'm behind on console gaming. I assume you're saying series x has shit graphics. Is that a general consensus?
Nah. Series X is the recently released generation. The screenshot is from the One X, which is the beefed up version of the previous generation Xbox. For some reason, CDPR insisted on putting their game on the now outdated generation of consoles. The game looks pretty bad on those though, while RDR2 looks fucking gorgeous on the One X.

• 1Like