Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They added 10 levels of stat points for the expansion? Used to be you'd only be able to do 20/20/20/8/3 but that builder allows for 20/20/20/18/3 which is a bit nutty. Definitely need to know what how cyberware works now too. I assume it won't share the same 4/9/15/20 breakpoints that perks do.

Does monowire still uses reflexes for damage (i.e. counts as a blade)?

Leaning towards buying the expansion for Series X first and playing the ol' tried and true nethacker, with monowire and smart guns for backup. After playing Starfield 95% on console (and being bitterly disappointed to find they didn't implement even the most basic m/k support) I need something that doesn't actually require me to aim with a controller. And I assume the Cool perks that require a sniper rifle will still work with Ashura. So int/cool maxed, 15 in tech, and enough in body or reflexes to get whatever cyberware is most useful. Probably 15/9/20/15/20 to take advantage of the Renaissance Punk perk in Tech for max cyberware points.

Apparently they added m/k support on consoles for Cyberpunk since the last time I played though. Anyone know if it's barebones like Remnant 2, or can you actually remap keys?

Last edited:

Cybsled

I wouldn’t be shocked if a lot of cyberware requirements got changed, esp since the technology tree was completely changed and seems to focus almost exclusively on cyberware.

Vorph

I wouldn’t be shocked if a lot of cyberware requirements got changed, esp since the technology tree was completely changed and seems to focus almost exclusively on cyberware.
Yeah, I'm sure they revamped stuff a lot, plus there's totally new cyberware in Phantom Liberty. I expect they'll have kept the stat reqs that don't line up perfectly with the 4/9/15/20 breakpoints for perks though. And I won't be surprised at all if you can no longer easily make yourself immune to all status effects for a fairly trivial investment in Cool.

Cybsled

Take a look at the 2.0 talent tree that got posted a few posts back. It’s an official thing on the cyberpunk website.

Vorph

I did, that's where the 4/9/15/20 tiers come from. With 80 points you can do something like 15/9/20/15/20 and have 2 left over, but if cyberware is still similar to how it was you'll need stuff like 10, 12, 16, etc. in specific stats to equip them. Can't really plan anything in the builder without knowing that too.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
So looks like crafting isn't locked behind technical anymore? Thank god if so, hated how every build ended being a tech build at some point.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
So looks like crafting isn't locked behind technical anymore? Thank god if so, hated how every build ended being a tech build at some point.
This. Using the 2.0 character builder, I actually end up with skill points left over with no real good spot for them based on how I want my character built. In the old system I never had enough points to do everything I wanted in a build. Very different experience already and 2.0 patch is still 2 days away.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

I feel like that's still going to happen, except because of the cyberware unlocks/bonuses rather than crafting. Even so, I do think it'll be an improvement though. I assume crafting tiers will just be unlocked when you reach the skill level needed and you can just grind it up whenever you have the cash and materials.

And I wouldn't worry too much about having perk points left over. I think the method for getting perk points is more or less the same, meaning it is still going to be very difficult/time-consuming to get all 80 points.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I feel like that's still going to happen, except because of the cyberware unlocks/bonuses rather than crafting. Even so, I do think it'll be an improvement though. I assume crafting tiers will just be unlocked when you reach the skill level needed and you can just grind it up whenever you have the cash and materials.

And I wouldn't worry too much about having perk points left over. I think the method for getting perk points is more or less the same, meaning it is still going to be very difficult/time-consuming to get all 80 points.
Challenge accepted

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I've never hit 20 breach on any playthrough, even with always allocating points to Int so that breach stays uncapped.

Keep in mind, my last playthrough I maxed out engineering (after every combat skill)... by mass crippling, buying immunity to my own grenades, and applying sticky grenades directly to enemies' faces at point blank range, so it's not for a lack of trying to find breachable enemies.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
This is probably a dumb question that the answer to is no, but...I recently rejoined the PC master race and it'd be great if I could jump back into the game from my PC without having to A) rebuy it for the PC (I originally purchased it for the Series X) and B) start over. Is there any way to avoid a rebuy and / or import my saves to the PC?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You used to be able to go max in Tech, make all the programs, weapons etc you needed, then just respec.

I think they changed it though so you needed minimum levels to use certain weapons you'd made. Or maybe it was just Tech weapons which I pretty much never used anyway.

• 1Like

Vorph

This is probably a dumb question that the answer to is no, but...I recently rejoined the PC master race and it'd be great if I could jump back into the game from my PC without having to A) rebuy it for the PC (I originally purchased it for the Series X) and B) start over. Is there any way to avoid a rebuy and / or import my saves to the PC?
PC version isn't on Windows Store at all so there's no cross-buy with the Xbox version. Cross-save does work via CDPR's own server so you can transfer saves between all platforms.

I'm in a similar situation; I own it on both Steam and Series X and I'll need to buy Phantom Liberty twice if I want to keep playing on both with cross-save.

All that said, I think it'd be a mistake to not start over in 2.0.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
You used to be able to go max in Tech, make all the programs, weapons etc you needed, then just respec.

I think they changed it though so you needed minimum levels to use certain weapons you'd made. Or maybe it was just Tech weapons which I pretty much never used anyway.

Well without mods in the base game you can't respec attributes so you are still out the 15 levels of points there.

• 1Like

Vorph

Yeah respec was only good for deleting the lower tier crafting skills once you got Tech to 18 and could make legendary stuff.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Reviews are dropping for the DLC, sitting at 90 MC score atm. Seems like it's pretty damn good.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its getting there, definitely. Just too bad the actual hardware, even with an expensive set, is still ass. Though I have no idea what the hell Im expecting. But even a Vive headset is obnoxious and tiresome to wear.

Outside of that - Phantom Liberty looks awesome.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Its getting there, definitely. Just too bad the actual hardware, even with an expensive set, is still ass. Though I have no idea what the hell Im expecting. But even a Vive headset is obnoxious and tiresome to wear.

Outside of that - Phantom Liberty looks awesome.
VR isn't for me. I would start getting headaches after a couple of BeatSaber games. That does look pretty damn good though.