Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it just me or did they massively tone down how fast you can run and how far you can [double] jump?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man great update. Random gang fights cops chasing animals car battles etc. World feels fleshed out, so much to do and hijinks to get into.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game has cross-progression between PC and PS5. Nice to see that happening in more and more games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Clothing is weird, as its not completely cosmetic. It doesn't give armor - except for a couple the chest piece web vests that still do - but pieces do give other effects. I'm currently running around with a quickhack upload reducing eye visor, a camo balaclava (and camo does reduce enemies' chance to hit you, even in combat), among others.

The population increase is pretty awkward, with beat cops / pedestrians everywhere just waiting to take a stray round and escalate things.

In terms of the revamp as a whole, I don't know yet. Cold Blood was the basis for a lot of builds, and I'm still trying to get a feel for how they work without it. E.g. Netrunner ram regen rates are way down without the breach bonuses and cold blood, but then they arguably were the most overpowered prior to 2.0.

In general, it feels much more like you pick a primary combat style (Cool - Stealth, Tech - Sniper, Reflexes - Mobility, Body - Heavy Assault, Int - Net Runner), with any secondary stat just giving you access or dialogue powers (tech for camera disables, body for forcing doors open, etc.) so we'll have to see if people can come up with viable primary / secondary stats for every combination, or if each primary combat style will always pick the same secondary stat.

Cybsled

On my "already beat everything" character, I redid all my attributes to 20 tech/20reflex/20cool and the rest in body. Went full blade tree, went heavy into the dash tree (can air dash for free), got a bunch of the pistol and sneaking perks and sneak attack dmg perks, went full cyberware tree, then got some regen perks in body.

I installed the sandevistan from the anime (which is why it is iconic) and upgraded it to reduce the cooldown. I also upgraded scalpel, which gives a crit buff when sandevistan is active. Part of the reason this sande is the best is not only does it have the best time slow, but every enemy you kill increases the duration and you can also activate and deactivate the sande at will. Since you have in theory pretty good uptime, you can get a fuckton of damage in with this katana. You can also dash to increase mitigation and gap close.

Going to see how viable this, but on paper it seems like it gives me good survivability, mobility, and damage. Only downside is I can't do any quickhacks. Would be a problem going through the game since not having any int or hacking makes some quests a pain in the ass to do, but since you still get 1 respec per char, I could still do that then swap over once I have enough money to go for a potential end game build.

Only thing that might fuck me is supposedly Adam Smasher got mega buffed because people complained he is a badass in the anime and then is a chump in the normal game. He will activate his own sande to counter yours and supposedly he has insane armor piercing now, so the +100% mitigation perks will probably be important. Gonna test this doing the one-man suicide run ending option lol

superninja.jpg

• 3Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Also, I have to ask: What the heck happened with non-lethal damage? Blunt weapons, contagion, short circuit, etc. all lost their non-lethal flag, but takedowns still give you the non-lethal option, and apparently there's a weapon mod to reenable non-lethal somewhere. You can argue if non-lethal runs have a place in the 2077 universe, but seems weird to take those options away, especially if the Cyberpsycho quests still want non-lethal kills.

Cybsled

All attacks in the game are non-lethal so long as you don't decapitate or headshot the enemies. You'll notice that the guys will be on the ground moving around afterwards. Shooting or attacking them again will actually kill them at that point.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
So is it good??? I'm going to start it back up this weekend. Need to finish turbo overkill. Another rifle/engineering builds for me., like my first save. Speaking of, has anyone check their old save and seen how the update looks on it? The skill tree and perks in particular.

Cybsled

If you load your existing save, all your perks are reset and your cyberware technically isn't installed properly until you visit a ripperdoc (Vic will call you with a quest to visit). You get 1 free attribute reset also. Any removed items will be flat out gone from your inventory. All the legendary/uniques will be legendary tier5 by default if you're max level. If you horded upgrade components, it is fairly cheap to convert them to legendary ones. You can upgrade any t5 legendary to t5+, which usually buffs it. Be careful though, some "upgrades" actually nerf some stats in exchange for others and some of the upgrades are hardly worth it. They also got rid of some of the attribute requirements. Like Panam's sniper rifle doesn't have that body requirement to fully use now, for example. Some weapons or cyberware do scale bonuses with certain attributes, though.

They changed a shitload, so if you haven't played in a long time it will feel pretty newish in how the game plays

• 1Like

Cybsled

Btw, MaxTec is no joke in 2.0. I got to max wanted and was doing fine, then MaxTec swooped in and they all get out and DESTROYED me. It's probably the closest thing this game has to raid bosses lol

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
This makes me want to finally pull the trigger on the gaming PC for the couch. 13900k, 4080, HDMI out to a 65" OLD C2. 4k native with psycho ray tracing and this game - saw some videos - just wow.
At 4K and cranked settings I'd recommend biting the bullet and going for the 4090. To make it less painful, you could save a few bucks on the CPU by getting a 13700K. The 13900K offers basically dick all benefits for gaming. I had the 4080 for a short bit and while it's a beast of a card, I returned it. For 4K, the 4090 is much more robust.

• 3Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Started a new playthrough on PS5, first time since release. So I'm getting the PS5 version this time around, tons of change they made over the years and 2.0. So lots of new stuff.

I have to say, I forgot how good the game looked.

Last time I was a female nomad, with the contagion build with stealth. She was all around a nice person who prefered solving problems by talking rather than fighting, and romanced Judy.

I started this one as a male corpo, not sure yet what build I'm going for but it won't be stealth, more charge in type whether with guns or melee I am not sure yet. He's going to be a bad dude, taking mostly asshole/evil options and solving problems with violence rather than talking.

It should be fun. :)

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If you have an existing save, I'd recommend fucking around with attributes and skill point distribution and what have you before rolling a new game. They changed SO much. Even weapons. Revolvers can't use silencers anymore, for example, if you were using those as your stealth kill pistols. Upgrades changed across the board for items as well - clothing doesn't give you anything except stuff like the netrunner suit. All the armor stuff is tied to your cyber implants. My prior attribute build gimped my character because of the skill revamps, so I have to figure that out. Non-unique guns can actually be pretty viable now since they changed how modding them works.

Since I had a fuckton of points in Tech and Reflexes already, I did a dash+cyberware rage mode+blade build attempt. It was kind of fun - blocking bullets like a jedi and then dashing up and using finishers that give you health and stamina back. They added a fuckton of new Cyberware and my ass was mostly broke on my save (only had 180k...but each T5 implant that was good went for like 80k+. Might be worth going to that ripperdoc that gives you the 20% discount if you don't murder him if you're hardup for cash. He was worthless pre-2.0 because his cyber implants kinda sucked, but now that everyone has the same stuff for sale, he might be worth a look). For pistols with suppressor attachment compatibility, Archangel seems like the highest damage iconic pistol that can take a silencer (that I've found). The pistol you find during the Relic heist in the hotel room seems to be 2nd best in terms of per-shot damage and it has a higher headshot multiplier than Archangel.

They also continued the Cohh Carnage street bum quest with an extra part - I'm convinced that if that quest isn't tied into Phantom Liberty, then it is a teaser of the next Cyberpunk game in terms of the main plot since it has ties to a few other quests in the game, like the Mayor quest.

They also added more nods to the anime - some of the skill icons have Rebecca and David on them, for example.

Is Athletics still a pain in the balls to level up?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The new Dash mechanic is so good - almost feels faster just zipping around with jump dash than driving haha

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Car explosions and NPCs walking into fire and dying seems to be pretty common.

Kabuki Market was a fucking Warzone when I visited. 2 trucks randomly crashed and exploded, killing the occupants. Then some dude walking down the street kept trying to path past the flaming wreckage and burned himself to death, causing people to scream they were under attack. Then a police van rolled up and straight up murdered a civilian crossing the street at a crosswalk by running over him twice.

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users